Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR open beta download available!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wreck wrote: »
    Well the wait is almost over. Account creation will be up in the morning and the servers will come online early afternoon. From the War Europe Site

They're just begging for a disaster by releasing it this late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Spear wrote: »
    They're just begging for a disaster by releasing it this late.

I agree, but I did see it suggested that they are doing this so as to make sure that the website/account creation stuff will be able to take the stress on full release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Account registration opens 8:30

Account registration servers crash under the swarm of people trying to log in and create accounts 8:31 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well, now i just need my code. Anyone else gotten theirs from the EA store? Anyone have one free that i can have just in case? I cant go to any of the sites that are offering them free, as i'm in work (bar mulitplay, who dont have any left)...

The having to create a fresh account is a bit annoying though. Any idea if the old accounts will get wiped so the usernames can be reused? Or if you can have multiple accounts tied to the one email address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

To be honest I was a little confused by:
    create a fresh account using these pages, log in with it and enter the code you have been given. This only applies to new testers; all previous testers have automatic Open Beta access

I'm not sure what to make of it...

All accounts other than the previous tester's accounts have been wiped?
    All the accounts are there, but only the previous testers accounts will be associated with the new beta and the other accounts(al though unused) are wiped so new ones have to be made?
    Or are they still there, but won't be associated with the beta, meaning that we will have to create new accounts using different logins and usernames?

I think those who were in the beta get to keep their existing accounts, the rest of us have to make new ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

I take it they meant 08.30 GMT Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

They are starting to cut things a bit too fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I wouldn't expect to be able to register any sign soon. The message saying the subscpiption service is unavailable is no longer appearing, which suggests that people can register, but the site is probably being hammered by thousands of people wanting to register themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sarn wrote: »
    I take it they meant 08.30 GMT Sunday.

No, they meant 8:30 local time in Dublin, the site is indeed screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I got up early especially but cant register. I'm getting an error message. I'm assuming the website is being hammered.

Does this really surprise anyone? Why did they not open the damn thing 2 weeks ago, same as for the US, then you wouldn't have 200,000+ people all trying to log in at once.

Tusky wrote: »
    I got up early especially but cant register. I'm getting an error message. I'm assuming the website is being hammered.

The website itself seems to be holding up to demand, but their account backend died a sudden death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

"The registration service is momentarliy unvailable. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Not working yet or two many people trying to use it?

The website itself seems to be holding up to demand, but their account backend died a sudden death.

You spoke too soon. Website wont load for me now.

You spoke too soon. Website wont load for me now.

Iniatally webiste would not load for me .. but its working fine now. Just cant register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

i cant register either.. hmmm GOA, go figure :P

the error message is now gone, but im just gettin a blank page @ http://www.war-europe.com/#/subscription/?lang=en

Had the same until I switched to ie tab in firefox ... got most of the way through the registration, but you need to enter a code from an image which does not show up.

The address you want is : http://www.war-europe.com/#/registration/?lang=en

Only seems to be working in IE, not firefox at the moment.

• Advertisement

OSiriS wrote: »
    Had the same until I switched to ie tab in firefox ... got most of the way through the registration, but you need to enter a code from an image which does not show up.

It's reported as working now, hitting new image should refresh the captcha image.

I can get to page 2 but when I fill in the information theres no 'next' button down the bottom.

Same for me. No 'ing image to see.

No joy, tried the new image button, and reloading the page, the image is still blank.

It's reported as working now, hitting new image should refresh the captcha image.

Not working for me. No image displayed.

same! no image displayed.

Jesus GOA are still a joke .. nice to see things havent changed much since DAoC.

Not working for me. No image displayed.

Even if it did work you can't use the account to log in anyway, they've ballsed this up quite thoroughly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

GOA appear to be a bunch of fcuking morons tbh, this does not fill me with confidence for release. Is it too late to apply for a green card?

I'm waiting for someone official to come on and tell us this is all still going to plan.

It would have been nice if they'd told us at the start it was one of Baldricks plans.

• Advertisement

I'm waiting for someone official to come on and tell us this is all still going to plan.

It would have been nice if they'd told us at the start it was one of Baldricks plans.
    they confirmed on the warhammer alliance forums that there was an image verification problem on their end earlier
    Good morning Europeans!

As you've noticed, there's an error message when attempting to finish registration. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible. I'll get back to you as soon I have an update on this.

Not that it really matter at this stage, but the security image should work fine if you click the 'new image' button.

-Magnus

Advertisement