Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR open beta download available!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

New Image does nothing for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Still not working here, if you put any ol random letters into the captcha box, and hit next it loads for a bit before telling you "an error has occured"...no **** sherlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Tusky wrote: »
    New Image does nothing for me anyway.
    nor me

the url seems to have changed to http://www.war-europe.com/#/subscription/?lang=en but it still doesnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

updates about the problem seem to be poster here: http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1370886&postcount=2

• Advertisement

the image is workin for me now

however im now gettin an error when i click continue :P

DanOB wrote: »
    the image is workin for me now

however im now gettin an error when i click continue :P

Same...but im getting an error at the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

i'm getting an error when trying to login :(

I just got an answer from GOA support. The problem with the security image will soon be fixed.

Apparently GOA never expected so many people wanted to join the Open Beta, so they ran out of the hand made images.

It seems GOA only bought 25.000 images from a company in India (they are hand made using MSPaint).

Anyway, GOA support confirms that all of there staff (support, devs and even the CEO) is working hard making new images in MSPaint.

So just be patient.

you gotta be kidding me..

haha! The image of all these high paid pro's handmaking images in ms paint is pretty priceless, and makes it all worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Did you have to restart the process to get the image to appear or did it eventually load from clicking the 'new image' button?

Wreck wrote: »
    Did you have to restart the process to get the image to appear or did it eventually load from clicking the 'new image' button?
    for me it eventually loaded

Wreck wrote: »

I restarted the page and it popped up after about 5 seconds. Theres not much point in trying though as you only get an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

I can attest to the error problem, I blame the French...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I just got an answer from GOA support. The problem with the security image will soon be fixed.
    Apparently GOA never expected so many people wanted to join the Open Beta, so they ran out of the hand made images.
    It seems GOA only bought 25.000 images from a company in India (they are hand made using MSPaint).
    Anyway, GOA support confirms that all of there staff (support, devs and even the CEO) is working hard making new images in MSPaint.
    So just be patient.

Funny ****. Totally untrue I'm sure.

from the war-europe site
    The last step on the long road to the Open Beta is now here! We have been distributing open beta keys through Collector's Edition pre-orders, premium Standard Edition Pre-orders and partnerships with websites. If you have an Open Beta key, Register a new account and enter it here. Please note that Closed Beta testers do not need to create a new account as Open Beta access is automatically granted all previous testers.

A light patch on 205mb will be available soon and the Open Beta begins early this afternoon. We will be updating you with the exact time that the servers will be open before then. Please note that at this time you should only use your Open Beta key, codes for the head start or bonus items are not yet valid.

Some of you are experiencing a 414 error. This is a time-out message, please wait a few minutes and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I got the image now but getting error code 414 when clicking continue.

Open is now 4 hrs behind schedule ... w00t!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Playboy wrote: »

I just got in finally.

Update: the product key button leads me to a blank black page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Well i tried to validate my key and then got a 414. Now it's saying my key has expired :confused:

Not necessarily- they said the open beta would be up and running early afternoon. They could still meet that target.

[edit] Question - I'm currently on part III of the registration process. I have all the details filled in and the image code typed out. Should I just keep trying the 'continue' button or is it worth reloading and entering the info again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm getting 414 and 300 codes. I can only imagine that this is part of the game. You have to collect as many as possible!

From the very first time I opened the Warhammer site, all those months ago, I knew from the bad spelling and grammar and the links that didn't work, that the launch would be a cock up. I think I know what the problem was too, the link on the Warhammer Europe site to report something was wrong with the site, never actually worked. They must of thought they had the greatest site on Earth, since nobody complained.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Tusky wrote: »
    Not necessarily- they said the open beta would be up and running early afternoon. They could still meet that target.

[edit] Question - I'm currently on part III of the registration process. I have all the details filled in and the image code typed out. Should I just keep trying the 'continue' button or is it worth reloading and entering the info again ?
    You should be able to keep re-using the same page. It wasn't working for me (300 and 414) and then it came up saying my username was already in use. So it actually connected to the server, but wouldn't let me any further. :(

And now I'm getting a 1226 error code. Gotta catch them all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

My latest error was "undefined" ... lol

My latest error was "undefined" ... lol

Says a lot about you to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

I hate when they ask you to check your connection........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I really hope whoever is in charge of this fiasco gets fired. The damage they're doing to WAR in terms of customer satisfaction will cost them thousands.

I really hope whoever is in charge of this fiasco gets fired. The damage they're doing to WAR in terms of customer satisfaction will cost them thousands.

Hmm - not sure about that. If they carry these problems into the launch of the game then I would agree. This is the beta...this is what its for. There was obviously a reason that they decided to do it this way. They are not a bunch of morons who dont know what they are doing.

[edit] - I reloaded the page and now the image wont appear again =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

I'm surprised anyone would want to play a games workshop based computer game after the DoW:SS fiasco - 5 months and still 2 game breaking bugs are still there..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Phototoxin wrote: »
    I'm surprised anyone would want to play a games workshop based computer game after the DoW:SS fiasco - 5 months and still 2 game breaking bugs are still there..

That's THQ and Iron Lore's doing, not GW. Iron Lore have since paid the price by going out of business.

• Advertisement

Phototoxin wrote: »

Err - they are two completely different developers arent they ?

[edit] Funny post on another forum -
    Originally Posted by Maelevolence
    It's like Christmas morning, only this time when you went downstairs, your presents are on fire and your parents are dead.

Advertisement