Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR open beta download available!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I'm now getting "you are already logged it" when trying to log into the war-europe site... wtf does that mean? lol, what a tragedy of a launch... even if it is beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Tusky wrote: »
    Says a lot about you to be honest.

eh wtf is that supposed to mean?

Hmm - not sure about that. If they carry these problems into the launch of the game then I would agree. This is the beta...this is what its for. There was obviously a reason that they decided to do it this way. They are not a bunch of morons who dont know what they are doing.

[edit] - I reloaded the page and now the image wont appear again =/

lol not a bunch of morons who dont know what they are doing? I played DAoC EU for 5 years m8 and I would have to disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Playboy wrote: »
    eh wtf is that supposed to mean?

It was a joke!
    lol not a bunch of morons who dont know what they are doing? I played DAoC EU for 5 years m8 and I would have to disagree with you.

I played daoc eu for a few years. It had its problems, just as any mmorpg does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

it's retarded to complain about anything till the game actually goes live. this is exactly what beta is for...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Hmm - not sure about that. If they carry these problems into the launch of the game then I would agree. This is the beta...this is what its for. There was obviously a reason that they decided to do it this way. They are not a bunch of morons who dont know what they are doing.

That may be open to debate.

Why was the account registration not opened weeks ago, as was done in the US? I don't recall their having these problems.

Obviously they thought that leaving this to the last moment was a good idea, despite the concern repeatedly voiced on the forums. Well, it hasn't worked. And now that it has screwed up on them, there is virtually zero official communications.

I work in IT support. I've done the leader role in emergency outages, and you want to know what is one of the key factors? Communications. Tell people what is going on, and they're more likely to cut you some slack if they can see that you're doing your best to get things up and running again.

No communication from them gives the impression that they don't know whats wrong, or that they can't fix it. That may not be the case, but given its now 5 hours since the registration alledgedly went live, and we're seeing nothing but errors, it's not exactly casting them in a very good light, is it?

It was a joke!

A smiley would have been helpful! :p

I played daoc eu for a few years. It had its problems, just as any mmorpg does.

You char didnt happen to be a hib called Tusk did it? I know the account was bought from someone .. Was it you?

I thought GOA's handling of DAoC on all levels esp the customer support was awful .. but thats just my opinion .. but it is an opinion shared by the majority of long term DAoC players I think (or else there are just lots of whiners shouting loudly!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

ok..

ive registed my details and im now waiting on confirmation

I got a blank black page after getting past the image section ... Now it says my username is in use but I cant log in. Anyone else having this problem?

A smiley would have been helpful! :p

You char didnt happen to be a hib called Tusk did it? I know the account was bought from someone .. Was it you?
    )

Yep! I was the original Tusk. Celt Hero. I sold the account when I started exams as it was taking up too much of my time. I think it went on to be sold again to someone else after that also.

• Advertisement

Yep! I was the original Tusk. Celt Hero. I sold the account when I started exams as it was taking up too much of my time. I think it went on to be sold again to someone else after that also.

Yeah it became quite a famous account .. got lots of rps!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

im making my account, filled out all the details but there is no next step button. anybody have same prob?

oh and theWAR european beta client is at 100% but what do i do now? when i close and re-open it, it just says download . ....

im making my account, filled out all the details but there is no next step button. anybody have same prob?

Try it in IE rather than Firefox/Opera etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Awesome, Ive gotten to the summary on the registration, and when I login I get "Your account is suspended, your access has been blocked (code 711)"

Hell of a job those guys are doing over there.

NO BUYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I actually got through to step 4 and half an hour later it randomly sent me back to step 3.

b0bsquish wrote: »
    Awesome, Ive gotten to the summary on the registration, and when I login I get "Your account is suspended, your access has been blocked (code 711)"

Hell of a job those guys are doing over there.

NO BUYS.
    over there??

its in dublin mate

DanOB wrote: »
    over there??

its in dublin mate

Nah its only a small office here in Dublin. The majority of the operation, including servers and tech guys are based in France.

gettin the old loop around of 414 code error on IE/FIREFOX . something to do with the image yoke. hope its up in a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Has anyone actually managed to get in and use there open beta key yet? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

NgGGggh. Finally got to part IV of registration (after 6.5 hrs) only to have it drop me back to part II because it didn't like the format of my town name.

joker414.png

Got a lol from me on the Warhammer Alliance forums

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Been there. Multiple times now.

Apparently we may be able to use our existing accounts though. I think that was posted on a German forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Has anyone actually managed to get in and use there open beta key yet?
    Yeah i inputted it then got a 411 error. When i tried to enter it again it said that the key was already in use or something. I've no idea what the next step is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

DanOB wrote: »
    over there??

its in dublin mate

Well im in donegal so dublin is still over a bit (and down a bit) :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Been there. Multiple times now.

Apparently we may be able to use our existing accounts though. I think that was posted on a German forum.

You can, there's no need to create a new account, keys can be added to the pre-existing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Yeah i just added it to my existing account.

I'm currently attempting to patch. it downloaded a small one and now says "starting product patch". I have no confidence that this will actually work.

Is this existing closed beta accounts only or can we use the web site registration accounts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    Yeah i just added it to my existing account.

I'm currently attempting to patch. it downloaded a small one and now says "starting product patch". I have no confidence that this will actually work.

Mine's the same. The new patch changed the patcher from closed-beta to a new look one for open-beta (I assume, unless it's what they're going to run with as final login/patcher)

And as I've been writing this, the status just changed to start patching files, so looks like it's doing its job. It did sit at that "starting product patch" for a couple of minutes alright before doing anything.

edit: spoke too soon. Patched, then prompted me to log in again, went to patch again and then claimed the remote server had a corrupt art file. So.... that's that.

Advertisement