Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR open beta download available!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well, i'm still waiting on EA to give me my ****ing key. I'm not really sure what i was expecting though. This entire launch seems like a total joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yeah I have to say, no key from EA is a joke...
    Are you sure though that you used right email address, spam filter etc etc and all that crap.
    Dont wanna sound like I'm making excuses for EA lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

update from warhammer alliance forums:
    Good afternoon!
    Today has been exciting to say the least! By now many closed beta testers have downloaded the new patch, while more and more new players are registering their accounts and validating their Open Beta keys. We are well aware of the numerous problems associated with the registration process. Most of these are due to the relentless pounding we’ve given the servers. As a reference, war-europe had two million (non-unique) hits between 8am this morning and noon. Flash or not, this is enough traffic to give most any website a run. This traffic was expected and a vital part of the Open Beta. Although it may have been a frustrating experience for many of you, we’ve gained lots of valuable data, further helping our preparations for the Live Launch.
    We are expecting the Open Beta servers to be online soon(TM) and when they do, tens of thousands of closed beta testers are standing by the door, only to be followed by myriads of new testers who have managed to validate their keys.

Some common issues

* Open Beta key authentication error: Key has expired. This is caused by a communication problem with our databases. We are working on a solution. This error does not mean that your key is invalid.
    * Sometimes patching process will abort the download and one is forced to restart. This is caused by patching optimisation by our technicians. When they implement a change your connection may be severed. If this occurs you should restart the patching process; it will continue from the beginning of file you were last downloading.
    * There has been mixed messages regarding players who had previously created accounts at war-europe.com but who was never a part of the closed beta and hence not automatically given Open Beta access. I have previously stated that these players must create new accounts. This is not correct; anyone who has an account at war-europe.com but does not currently have Open Beta access is free enter their Open Beta key here: http://www.war-europe.com/#/myproductkey/. We will clarify this in the news shortly.

We are all working very hard and appreciate your patience. Frustration is understandable, but please remember that every single one of you are beta testers. The primary purpose of this day is to test our systems in preparation for live launch. Despite some delays and technical issues, Open Beta is drawing closer and you will soon be bathing in the blood of your enemies!

Oh, and for those of you who haven’t finished patching yet, the English servers are: Karag Dron, Karag Orrud, Nehekhara, Karak-Hirn, Karak-Norn, Alarille, Burlok and Ellyrioon. They are all on the Core ruleset for now. We’ll try to bring you Open-RvR servers during Open Beta but for now we have no ETA on this.

We are well aware of your frustration and apologise for any unnecessary inconvenience. The Open Beta servers will open soon and WAR will be upon Europe.

still trying to register my account :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

HURRAH!! I'm in. Well, I got to the server selection screen and got presented with a host of european servers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Its working. Playing away... :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Can someone confirm for me that the details you use to login to the site are the same ones you need to use to login to the patcher and that you don't have to create another new account.

Well, i'm still waiting on EA to give me my ****ing key.
    I got my key from EA yesterday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Kiith wrote: »
    Well, i'm still waiting on EA to give me my ****ing key. I'm not really sure what i was expecting though. This entire launch seems like a total joke.

Unfortunate that EA are messing you about...but
    Do you realise the game hasn't launched yet, and won't for another week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

http://www.war-europe.com/#/news/?lang=en&id_news=en110

new update from them, also points out one account does it all.

new update from them, also points out one account does it all.
    Then why am i getting authentication failed the entire time when trying to login to patch server. Grrr. Others seem to be patching just fine

Edit: Maybe that should be authentification :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

might be something to do with the login system on the website being down

Da Bounca wrote: »
    Unfortunate that EA are messing you about...but
    Do you realise the game hasn't launched yet, and won't for another week?
    Ya, but part of the package is the open beta, which they have not supplied. So they better sort it out quickly. I just hope i get it by tomorrow morning. Dont really mind about tonight, as i have to work, but i better damn well get it by tomorrow at 8am.

Did they claim the whole open beta or just about 1hr of it? :p
    might be something to do with the login system on the website being down
    Hope so, else it's something stupid that i've done and that would just annoy me :)

I think everyone needs to realise that these kind of delays and problems are the reasons betas exist. So that they can be fixed in time for the launch.

My problem isnt with the beta...its with EA being a bunch of retards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I think everyone needs to realise that these kind of delays and problems are the reasons betas exist. So that they can be fixed in time for the launch.

The problem is that the Open Beta was too publicised and people think of it as a demo week instead of a testing week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I still cant get past stage 3 of registration =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Do you genuinely think they will have it sorted in a week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Same here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Momentarily unavailable. I think GOA have a strange notion of moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Ok that's that. I give up. I accidently opened another page over my stage 3 registration and the authentication is out of action so there's nothing I can do now.

I can see now why they're offering a headstart weekend, it'll take that long for everyone to setup new accounts.

Blowfish wrote: »

No doubt there will be some new issues that will have to be dealt with, but that's life y'know. The game is a massive undertaking, and so far so good all in all.
    I feel for the people that haven't received their keys etc, that really sucks.
    It would be nice if people had some more faith and patience though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Just canceled my Collectors edition after this farce.

If the beta delivers a good game then I might order a regular account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

No doubt there will be some new issues that will have to be dealt with, but that's life y'know. The game is a massive undertaking, and so far so good all in all.
    I feel for the people that haven't received their keys etc, that really sucks.
    It would be nice if people had some more faith and patience though.

I agree. People seem to feel like the developers owe them something. The developers owe them nothing until the game goes live. Its a beta TEST, not a game demo as you have said.

Id love to be playing and have been trying to sign up since 9 this morning. Its frustrating that the sign up has been so buggy but I cant really complain seeing as Ive downloaded the game for free and will eventually play for free.

I never expect anything of betas. They are always buggy, they always crash, theres always problems. Thats just the way it is. You either accept that and struggle through, or just wait until its officially released.

If it is like this at launch, people will have a right to be angry.

There will be less players next weekend trying to get in at once. Next sunday will only be CE's pre-orders, followed by SE's pre-orders the next day. Today we have closed beta's, all pre-orders and about 50,000k free keys trying to login at once.

That said, Mythic in the US hasn't had this fiasco because (it seems) they put a bit more thought into it. Yes it is a Beta but by advertising that with a pre-ordered copy you get a Beta account it has turned it into a demo week and people are going to be unhappy about it*. I agree that it's silly for people to expect anything less but this is Joe Bloggs we are talking about with the I want it and i want it now mentality.

* I wouldn't have pre-ordered without the beta teaser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Tusky wrote: »
    I agree. People seem to feel like the developers owe them something. The developers owe them nothing until the game goes live. Its a beta TEST, not a game demo as you have said.

Id love to be playing and have been trying to sign up since 9 this morning. Its frustrating that the sign up has been so buggy but I cant really complain seeing as Ive downloaded the game for free and will eventually play for free.

I never expect anything of betas. They are always buggy, they always crash, theres always problems. Thats just the way it is. You either accept that and struggle through, or just wait until its officially released.

If it is like this at launch, people will have a right to be angry.
    I agree with you completely, but this is why I think having open beta only as a week long is completely insane. It really doesn't give them a whole lot of time to sort this mess out.

Our registration and authentication servers have been taken offline for maintenance. This means that it is currently not possible to create new accounts or authenticate Open Beta keys. During this maintenance we are processing all queued account registrations and key authentications. These services will be available as soon as this work is complete.

Just posted on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Our registration and authentication servers have been taken offline for maintenance. This means that it is currently not possible to create new accounts or authenticate Open Beta keys. During this maintenance we are processing all queued account registrations and key authentications. These services will be available as soon as this work is complete.

Just posted on their site.
    its been up there nearly an hour mate

Oh, didn't see it quoted from anyone, thought I'd lash it up.

Thanks mate.

• Advertisement

While i understand that this is the beta, and things are expected to go wrong, its the organisation from GOA that i just cant understand. It makes so sense to have every single beta user still waiting to register the beta, when its supposed to start later that day. Surely they could have allowed people to register and patch their client, so that 100k people (or whatever number it is) dont bombard their servers at the same time (which they obviously cant handle). I dunno. I'm in work now though, so it doesnt matter to me either way.

Advertisement