Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are YOU thinking of buying an N95 8G with Meteor?

Options
  • 28-08-2008 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

Bought and N95 8GB on Meteor today for €99 on the Talk 300 price plan. When I was buying it the salesman told me that I picked the right time to but it because the price was going up in September. So if you are thinking about buying one get it quick! He said that he 'thinks' that the price will be €199 on that price plan.

Could this be the explanation for the no upgrades until September? Prices are going up? Thats not good!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

wo thanks for the heads up! I was going to wait to see what the new ipods were like before and then decide what to spend my money on. Now I have a conundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I stupidly upgraded to a Samsung G600 in February. Is it possible to buy the phone normally and not on contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yup, but it's close to 600e to get it unsubsidised from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Right I guess I'll pass on getting that so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I stupidly upgraded to a Samsung G600 in February. Is it possible to buy the phone normally and not on contract?

There is always adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

If they have any half decent bone in their body they will!!!

They might accept them, but when the paperwork is rejected, they'll be calling you for other documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i'd have a spare €300 too, just in case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

if its one day after the 3 month period, they will refuse it. im serious. thats what happened with me. i was out by 1 week i think and they took it, then called and said they were refusing it and i had to bring something else. it was totally stupid. and yes, i got stung with the extra 300 euros deposit, so make sure you have that spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

I'd love to, but I can't justify the €20/month for 60 minutes when I can get a month's free Meteor/Meteor calls plus €20 worth of calls to other networks for the same amount on PAYG.
    Sure is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

back to the op,
    was thinking about getting it also, but why would they put the price back up? the n96/n85 and new 79 are all out in october, the price of the n95 should fall further (and rightly so, since once again Irelend gets screwed in the pricing, look at any of the other more competative european markets).

Think I will hold out for a n85 as looks a bit better as well as longer battery, even if it means paying the 400euro and putting a PAYG sim in!

Your bank should issue a new statement if you ask them to. I know mine does, I can even request one online.

km991148 wrote: »
    back to the op,
    was thinking about getting it also, but why would they put the price back up? the n96/n85 and new 79 are all out in october, the price of the n95 should fall further (and rightly so, since once again Irelend gets screwed in the pricing, look at any of the other more competative european markets).

Think I will hold out for a n85 as looks a bit better as well as longer battery, even if it means paying the 400euro and putting a PAYG sim in!

Who knows? Fact is, today is the last day for the existing prices. Change tomorrow.

Definite. No new price plans.

Advertisement