Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford - Tramore Road closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan Nangle

I spotted the machine for spreading the chippings parked near Tramore this evening.

Rejoice and give praise!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I spotted the machine for spreading the chippings parked near Tramore this evening.

Rejoice and give praise!

Probably for a different area where the temperatures are right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Shocking to say the least. The road is getting worse and how soon will it be before they say that it is now too late to do the work! And we'll be stuck with the crap for another year!

Looks like the temperatures are right on the Costa del Ballyscanlon.

DSC01178-1.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Maybe they are working their way in? Those roads were done around the same time as Tramore and also suffer from the same problems.

• Advertisement

I assume work will begin soon as they seem to have put up road work signs and covered the cats eyes. Didn't think that was done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Looks like the temperatures are right on the Costa del Ballyscanlon.

DSC01178-1.jpg
    Given the extraordinary level of traffic on that road, you can understand why they are working on that road ahead of the Tramore Road!!!!!!

:D:rolleyes:

Resurfacing also taking place in Waterford City according to News & Star.

Its being put back because of the recent rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Gulamugas

This is outrageous. Someone should point these people out to An Bord Snip!!

• Advertisement

Gulamugas wrote: »
    This is outrageous. Someone should point these people out to An Bord Snip!!

We wont have a town or county council if they get their way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

http://www.galwaynews.ie/8094-potholes-cost-council-record-payouts

"THE deteriorating state of County Galway’s roads is costing the local authority a small fortune when it comes to compensating motorists.

It has been revealed that Galway County Council forked out nearly €130,000 to motorists whose cars were damaged by potholes. And the compensation bill is expected to increased significantly as the county’s roads budget has been slashed by almost €10 million.

It means that the county’s 3,900 miles of road are expected to deteriorate further with the possibility of even more damage being caused to motorists’ cars.

The vast majority of claims lodged against Galway County Council were from burst tyres and damage to wheels caused by potholes.

Figures show that since 2005, Galway County Council has been hit with a whopping 1,321 claims from motorists for pothole damage to their cars."

Anyone have any opinions or knowledge on the above , I for one would love to see the council being presented for invoices for chipped windscreens and damage paintwork. I myself have only really suffered from my tires getting hammered so doubt I can do anything.
    Regarding an Bord Snip proposals I personally feel that the only way out of this mess is to totally dismantle and rebuild our broken and corrupt system , howevers the turkey and Xmas scenario springs to mind

The Tramore Road is too wet to have the surface dressing done - apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jimmay!

looks like the resurfacing could be starting today a good few rollers and trucks there this morning outside the petrol station as i passed in around 8.45

Just passed them, more arriving but not started yet. Odd considering we had a lot of heavy rain over the last few days! When I return this evening I hope it will be completed!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

The road is going to be a death trap for the next two weeks or so

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

Sully wrote: »
    Just passed them, more arriving but not started yet. Odd considering we had a lot of heavy rain over the last few days! When I return this evening I hope it will be completed!
    very optimistic opinion :D ..but I was sooooooo happy to see them there early morning...what a surprise :) ..but be carefull on 'detour'..few ugly big holes on the road !!!

Glad to see the road done - hopefully it will last. Only thing I can say is that on route into Waterford the gap is very tight as the cones are out to far on both sides.

Sooner they remove the cones the better - they are lethal. Always in the middle of the road of jutting out to much.

Glad to see the road done - hopefully it will last. Only thing I can say is that on route into Waterford the gap is very tight as the cones are out to far on both sides.

Sooner they remove the cones the better - they are lethal. Always in the middle of the road of jutting out to much.
    done???..they done nothing!!!..just few little stones..thats done??

done???..they done nothing!!!..just few little stones..thats done??

Compared to what was there and we could have easily been left with it... yes.

• Advertisement

Compared to what was there and we could have easily been left with it... yes.
    just more chips marks on the cars will be after this...thanks, no please :( ..they done absolutely nothing there...what the hell was that good for???

just more chips marks on the cars will be after this...thanks, no please :( ..they done absolutely nothing there...what the hell was that good for???

Everybody was demanding they fix the surface. We all knew it wouldn't go back to normal but jesus anything is better then what was there. It was a hazzard and a complete disaster. Sure these changes are not great either, but they are an improvement.

If your car is damaged by the stones you can claim of the council btw (usually window damage).

I think they've done a wonderful job!

DSC00728.jpg

....... on the road to Clonea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One more reason to abolish the city councils (think about that for a while before you say wha?)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

mike65 wrote: »
    One more reason to abolish the city councils (think about that for a while before you say wha?)
    wasnt that wha whattttttttttttttt before the budget was mentioned:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Apparently they are doing some proper work today (or did I dream that in the traffic report?)

mike65 wrote: »
    Apparently they are doing some proper work today (or did I dream that in the traffic report?)

Just cleaning it seems. Roads closed from Waterford but outward via hard shoulder is open. Council folk having a break atm, with the machine to clean it with them. No sign of any surfacing.

Just cleaning it seems. Roads closed from Waterford but outward via hard shoulder is open. Council folk having a break atm, with the machine to clean it with them. No sign of any surfacing.
    ..they always need to clean it first, but saw big machine for surfacing!!!!!..so hopefuly :eek:

They are putting a second layer of chippings on the road today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

The New chipping are not sticking.
    We waited one year for this?
    The road was alot better BEFORE they started a year ago.

Advertisement