Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Routers? & Things????

Options
  • 28-08-2008 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Ok, I am almost at the end of this broadband adventure. . .

But just two teeeeeeeny weeeeeny questions?

One) (remember I am the biggest technophobe in the world!!)
    I am sitting here with both the UTV and the BT page open ready to insert the account number for my DD.
    UTV is fractionally cheaper and wont charge me for the wireless router.
    QUESTION: which of them has the best record?

Two). I have absolutely no clue about routers and all the stuff you guys talk about with such ease, I have had an ISDN line in my office in Dublin, but I never had to do anything other than kick it the odd time.
    My broadband works of a tiny little 3 modem and all this talk of filters, noise, etc makes me think that I may not be able to do the very basics on my own. Is it as complicated as it reads?

Thanks all in advance, once I have this sorted I will stop pestering you all, (for a little while).

Bell:D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

bellapip wrote: »
    Ok, I am almost at the end of this broadband adventure. . .

But just two teeeeeeeny weeeeeny questions?

One) (remember I am the biggest technophobe in the world!!)
    I am sitting here with both the UTV and the BT page open ready to insert the account number for my DD.
    UTV is fractionally cheaper and wont charge me for the wireless router.
    QUESTION: which of them has the best record?

Two). I have absolutely no clue about routers and all the stuff you guys talk about with such ease, I have had an ISDN line in my office in Dublin, but I never had to do anything other than kick it the odd time.
    My broadband works of a tiny little 3 modem and all this talk of filters, noise, etc makes me think that I may not be able to do the very basics on my own. Is it as complicated as it reads?

Thanks all in advance, once I have this sorted I will stop pestering you all, (for a little while).

Bell:D

The filters are just little boxes that go between the phone jack and the wall socket to separate the signals. As to line noise, that depends on the line and it's length and age.

Advertisement