Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it a mistake or a damn good pc

Options
  • 28-08-2008 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all, had a thread on comp n tech the other day asking for help on building a pc and because im new to boards i didnt realise that there is a section for this. Got a lot of help do. Anyways heres what ive come up with some help and i need a second opinion on it to make sure im not wasting money.

NZXT HU-001B, Black Aluminum Front

Corsair Powersupply 650W Black, ATX/EPS, 120mm Fan, 8xSATA, SLI

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz Socket LGA775, 8MB, BOXED w/fan

ABIT IP35-E, P35, Socket-775, ATX, SATAII, GbLAN, DDR2, PCI-Ex16 -B-Grade

Corsair TWIN2X 6400C5DHX DDR2, 2048MB

Radeon HD4870

Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2

Sony NEC Optiarc DVD±RW burner AD-7200A

Cheers:confused:

Also wil be overclocking

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ram is dirt cheap, add another 2Gb and its perfect :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Smallcats

Though 2g would be enough
    But you reckon the rest is ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ya, its fine. I'd be a little bit iffy bout a B-Grade motherboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Have the same motherboard and ram and can't fault it, but I'd definitely be wary of the B-grade mobo... (I presume you're ordering from Komplett?)

Perhaps stick a Samsung Spinpoint F1 hard drive in there instead of the WD Caviar? (both great drives though, so it's up to you really)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Looks fine to me. Just make sure you get a case with good airflow like the antec 1200 and a decent cpu hfh like the tuniq tower of TR ulrta 120 extreme and you will be sound.

Also ill echo the advice above, be wary of the mobo, try find out more info about it, and get another 2gb

• Advertisement

Ye i'm buying from komplett and was just reading about that mobo and decided not to go with it. Found this one instead

Asus P5K/EPU, P35, Socket-775, DDR2, ATX, GbLAN, SATAII, 2xPCI-Ex16

Samsung Spinpoint F1 1Tb for 115 euro sounds good

Cheers

Cheers manties but already bought theNZXT HU-001B, Black Aluminum Front case

Advertisement