Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you want to see go tomorrow?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Rachel is not liked out of sympathy. Neither is Sara in my opinion. I do however feel her being attacked on tonight's show earned her a few extra sympathy votes.

How do you know Rachel's numbers aren't boosted by her encounters with Rex? If it can have the effect of keeping sara in the house why not precious Rachel? I take it she is only liked because of how electric she is and for no other reason, right?

EDIT: Oh what's this? Sara second favourite? How could that be, didn't you just say that Rex bullying her was the reason she pipped Lisa to the post and now all of a sudden she's second. But still, Rachel is special, the only thing that influences her odds/votes in polls is how exciting she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Really? I must have missed the apology to Rachel. Apologising doesn't excuse acting like a dick all the time.

you missed the part where i said 'i am not saying what he does is right'
    some people in that house cannot recognise when they have done wrong.
    I am pointing out that Rex recognised that he may have made Sara feel badly - he apologised, she said she took it as a joke - she seemed mor annoyed with Darnell.

She said this the first time. After Rex suggested she was responsible for Darnell leaving she told him he was taking it "to the extra level".

Yes she said that the first time.
    If she felt he was bullying after that then fair enough.

Oh that's a laugh! So Mikey is to blame for Sara being upset even though Rex is the one saying the things to make her upset! Can this man do no wrong in some people's eyes? Sara has been made to feel bad by Rex. By your own definition this is bullying.
    No MNG, I did not say Mikey was to blame.
    I said she changed her mind after listening to Mikey and I percieve that Sara is easily manipulated.
    Lets not forget that Mikey hates Rex with a passion and felt bad for noming sara...

If you have ever read any of my opinions on Rex, I have NEVER implied that he can do no wrong.

By my definition - Originally Sara said she did not feel that Rex was hurting her = not making her feel bad = not bullying

If she felt bad after that, yes that is bullying.

It could also be that others had had helped her form this opinion...
    BB are being consistent. What he has been doing is not worse than what Alex did - it's the very same. It's good to see them tackling this arrogant bully and his lame excuses for his behaviour on tonight's show - "Oh I act like this all the time in my restaurants" - just don't wash.

BB are NOT being consistent, Mario should have been warned, many should be warned for calling Mo greedy - it obviously makes him feel bad and he said he didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lisa
    How do you know Rachel's numbers aren't boosted by her encounters with Rex? If it can have the effect of keeping sara in the house why not precious Rachel? I take it she is only liked because of how electric she is and for no other reason, right?

For two reasons. The first being that she's remained popular even when not had encounters and the second being that from reading supporters of the girl they do not say they like her due to her being a victim.
    kerash wrote: »
    you missed the part where i said 'i am not saying what he does is right'
    some people in that house cannot recognise when they have done wrong.
    I am pointing out that Rex recognised that he may have made Sara feel badly - he apologised, she said she took it as a joke - she seemed mor annoyed with Darnell.

With respect kerash it comes across like you are vehemently defending the guy. If what he said was wrong why not condemn him for it instead of saying others were worse?
    kerash wrote:
    No MNG, I did not say Mikey was to blame.
    I said she changed her mind after listening to Mikey and I percieve that Sara is easily manipulated.
    Lets not forget that Mikey hates Rex with a passion and felt bad for noming sara...

If you have ever read any of my opinions on Rex, I have NEVER implied that he can do no wrong.

By my definition - Originally Sara said she did not feel that Rex was hurting her = not making her feel bad = not bullying

If she felt bad after that, yes that is bullying.

It could also be that others had had helped her form this opinion...

Do you not think this is a bit of a cop out on your part? You seem to be saying that if she says she feels bad it's wrong, but that Mikey might be manipulating her into thinking that she feels it's wrong - which would seem to me like a way to yet again let Rex off the hook? See my point? I'm not saying this is what you are claiming, just saying how it comes across.
    kerash wrote:
    BB are NOT being consistent, Mario should have been warned, many should be warned for calling Mo greedy - it obviously makes him feel bad and he said he didn't like it.

I'll agree they could do more.

For two reasons. The first being that she's remained popular even when not had encounters and the second being that from reading supporters of the girl they do not say they like her due to her being a victim.

So you have read what, < 0.01% of all opinions of Rachel? Of course her die hard fans aren't going to like her just because Rex has a go at her and you know that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying her numbers get boosted by the non-crazy-Rachel-is-hot-but-still-sort-of-bad-looking-enough-for-it-to-be-possible-that-someday-she'll love-me-back people.
    She looks like a granny also. FACT.

Lisa
    So you have read what, < 0.01% of all opinions of Rachel? Of course her die hard fans aren't going to like her just because Rex has a go at her and you know that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying her numbers get boosted by the non-crazy-Rachel-is-hot-but-still-sort-of-bad-looking-enough-for-it-to-be-possible-that-someday-she'll love-me-back people.

I can only go on what people say.
    She looks like a granny also. FACT.

LOL sure she does. I wish my granny looked like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

When did Davina say would be the next eviction?

I can only go on what people say.
    So how many posters on this other forum were saying that they voted for Sara because of Rex bullying her?

Lisa
    Ann22 wrote: »

I'm not sure but I've heard rumours of a midweek one.
    So how many posters on this other forum were saying that they voted for Sara because of Rex bullying her?

I've no idea as I don't follow discussions on her. Frankly I'm still amazed shes in there.

I've no idea as I don't follow discussions on her. Frankly I'm still amazed shes in there.

But how can you suggest she got a numbers boost from the bullying without reading any posters saying they like her because of it? You just argued that Rachel hasn't got any number boosts/more supporters from Rex having a go at her on the basis that you read some people saying they liked her for other reasons.

Lisa
    But how can you suggest she got a numbers boost from the bullying without reading any posters saying they like her because of it?

Because Davina said tonight things were so close that there were even meetings between producers in the event of it being a dead tie. The fact that tonight's highlights centred around Sara and not Lisa would indicate to me that because people felt sorry for Sara they decided to vote for Lisa. Would you disagree with that viewpoint?
    You just argued that Rachel hasn't got any number boosts/more supporters from Rex having a go at her on the basis that you read some people saying they liked her for other reasons.

I've argued that the fact Rachel has sustained her popularity proves it's not down to the 'Rex factor'.

I've also argued that the real test for Sara will be whether she can sustain popularity like Rachel has.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Ann22 wrote: »

Double eviction on Tuesday to the 2 people with the lowest amount of votes

Lisa
    Double eviction on Tuesday to the 2 people with the lowest amount of votes

Hmm just read about this. I'd say it will be Mo and Kat.

Because Davina said tonight things were so close that there were even meetings between producers in the event of it being a dead tie. The fact that tonight's highlights centred around Sara and not Lisa would indicate to me that because people felt sorry for Sara they decided to vote for Lisa. Would you disagree with that viewpoint?
    I've argued that the fact Rachel has sustained her popularity proves it's not down to the 'Rex factor'.

I've also argued that the real test for Sara will be whether she can sustain popularity like Rachel has.

It just means that a set of fans (the crazies) have stayed throughout. It doesn't mean her support has remained exactly stagnant and that she doesn't get extra popularity for other reasons like Rex bullying her.

I think that Sara has gained a considerable amount of support from the bullying, yet you won't concede that Rachel also gained support from incidents like that because she only has die hard fans that love her for her off-the-wall craziness and excitement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Hmm just read about this. I'd say it will be Mo and Kat.

Fingers crossed eh...
    If it's Mo, Kat or Darnell I will be happy :D

How Mo even got this far is unreal... genuine douchebag!

Lisa
    It just means that a set of fans (the crazies) have stayed throughout. It doesn't mean her support has remained exactly stagnant and that she doesn't get extra popularity for other reasons like Rex bullying her.

I think that Sara has gained a considerable amount of support from the bullying, yet you won't concede that Rachel also gained support from incidents like that because she only has die hard fans that love her for her off-the-wall craziness and excitement.

I have said already that I feel Rachel gained a boost from being bullied - not just by Rex but by Alex too - but that I feel the fact her support has been sustained means her support is not directly attributable to these incidents.

Your little jibes are becoming tiresome. I suggest you avoid going to Leo Burdocks because you seem to have a permanent chip on your shoulder.

I have said already that I feel Rachel gained a boost from being bullied - not just by Rex but by Alex too - but that I feel the fact her support has been sustained means her support is not directly attributable to these incidents.

Your little jibes are becoming tiresome. I suggest you avoid going to Leo Burdocks because you seem to have a permanent chip on your shoulder.

Where did ye say rachel gained a boost? If you're referring to the crazies comment as the jibe, I only left it in because you made one about people who like Rex. I thought this was a good old fashioned scrap? :(

Lisa
    Where did ye say rachel gained a boost?

To Ann I think it was.
    If you're referring to the crazies comment as the jibe, I only left it in because you made one about people who like Rex. I thought this was a good old fashioned scrap? :(

Ah it's the weekend. Can't be arsed scrapping. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

Lisa
    Peace and love move amongst us....

With respect kerash it comes across like you are vehemently defending the guy. If what he said was wrong why not condemn him for it instead of saying others were worse?

I am not.
    I didn't say others were worse. I said others have done things and NOT been reprimanded.

Do you not think this is a bit of a cop out on your part? You seem to be saying that if she says she feels bad it's wrong, but that Mikey might be manipulating her into thinking that she feels it's wrong - which would seem to me like a way to yet again let Rex off the hook? See my point? I'm not saying this is what you are claiming, just saying how it comes across.

No.
    I'm not saying if she feels bad its wrong.
    You are misunderstanding totally.

Obviously you do not and will never like Rex.
    I have pointed out that he has a bad side but I see the good side in him also.

I've express my opinion and I'll leave it at that.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Lisa
    Wow that was a shock didnt really expect that to happen!

Wow that was a shock didnt really expect that to happen!

Delayed shock tyler?!:D
    I expected it, the universe told me:pac:

Lisa
    Delayed shock tyler?!:D
    I expected it, the universe told me:pac:

I was out lastnight so i only got around to watching it and i told anybody if they told me it would be penalty of death :p

I was out lastnight so i onlt got around to watching it and i told anybody if they told me it would be penalty of death :p

What is this 'out' you speak of?:p
    Are you pleased at the outcome?

Lisa
    What is this 'out' you speak of?:p
    Are you pleased at the outcome?

I literally had to be pried away from my computer with a crowbar to attend a bday party :D

Its a strange one so i started a new thread to get a bit of discussion going on it.

Advertisement