Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed limits and builders

Options
  • 28-08-2008 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Have a quick question and hope this is the right place

Do builders have a legal right to errect a tempory speed limti sig to lower the speed around their site.

The reason i ask is on a local road we have a builder who has errected 2 different signs on the approach to his site 30km and then 10km. The distace you are expected to travel at 10km/h is insane (this is a county road to a big enough village)

If it is legal who do you go about getting permission for this and would this process be availibel to say a school to put up a 10km/h either km of the grounds?

If it is not legit, what couse of action is open, is it an offence or just litter?

Many Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

They are not "speed limits" and cant be enforced legaly. they are signs warning you to slow down to the reccomended speed according to road conditions or hazzards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

thats usually done with the council's approval - and if so I would imagine they are enforceable

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

VH wrote: »
    thats usually done with the council's approval - and if so I would imagine they are enforceable
    They may have 'aproval' but unless they are passed as a bylaw they are not legal. It's highly unlikely that a council would go to the hassle for a temporary speed limit. The only exception would be very large projects such as the M50.

Advertisement