Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus journey times in rush hour traffic?

Options
  • 28-08-2008 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

i'm hopin to catch a bus from walkinstown to city centre at 5pm tomorrow in the hopes of gettin to Store St by 6pm to catch another bus, what are my chances or should i just give up all hope?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How much of the route has bus lanes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭capedcrustacian

a fair bit of it so far as i know, not used to gettin the bus but have no car at the moment....wonder could i charter a private jet????? lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have you a bicycle?
    I live 15 mins walk from Busaras - I could mind your bike.

I jest not.

spurious wrote: »
    Have you a bicycle?
    I live 15 mins walk from Busaras - I could mind your bike.

I jest not.

omg that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me since i moved to this place!! if there were more ppl like you i would not be in the process of tryin to find work n a new place to live in Wex!

I do have a bike, however, shortly after spending money buying one i liked and bringing it up here, some lout took it upon themselves to dismember it "for the laugh" and i don't know who to talk to about gettin it fixed or where to bring it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

An hour should be OK. Route 151 might be best, although I don't think there will be much difference.

If you are heading south/west, I think there is a stop at Newlands Cross that might be useful (not it is hugely dug up at the moment).

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    An hour should be OK. Route 151 might be best, although I don't think there will be much difference.

If you are heading south/west, I think there is a stop at Newlands Cross that might be useful (not it is hugely dug up at the moment).

heading south east, silly really, i just wanna get out of the city as fast as i can, just don't want to be here for any longer than i have to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yep, 151 is your best bet and an hour sounds about right.

As Victor says, not much difference with other bus routes but at least this one will take you to the area by Busaras. Some of the other routes might leave you 5-10 minutes walk away.
    The 77 as an example.

micmclo wrote: »
    Yep, 151 is your best bet and an hour sounds about right.

As Victor says, not much difference with other bus routes but at least this one will take you to the area by Busaras. Some of the other routes might leave you 5-10 minutes walk away.
    The 77 as an example.

thanks for that, fingers crossed now and hopefully the rain will hold off too

Advertisement