Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Naas Crew

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

u guys aren't serious are u? if its meant as a piss take fair play to ya but if ur actually looking to further ur career in the world of hip hop u need alot to put a hell of alot more work in. check out the infomatics, rob kelly, maverick sabre or mjex, and see where u need to be! oh white rappers using the "N" word, never a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 The Naas Crew

Jay Ru wrote: »
    u guys aren't serious are u? if its meant as a piss take fair play to ya but if ur actually looking to further ur career in the world of hip hop u need alot to put a hell of alot more work in. check out the infomatics, rob kelly, maverick sabre or mjex, and see where u need to be! oh white rappers using the "N" word, never a good idea.

It's a deliberate mix of rap and comedy. As two white rappers from Naas it seemed a bit clichè and lazy to try and pretend to be gangster rappers from the "hood". We keep all our tracks centric to Naas and the surrounding areas. http://www.myspace.com/naascrew. The Naas is better then Newbridge track on there has been played in clubs such as Time;Venue.:cool:

We use the "N" word as a social commentry though. Finally the word has changed meaning for the youth of today but if a white guy says it to another white guy with no animosity or hatred behind it, using it the same way a black rapper would it's instantly racist. Is just all part of the satire we have flowing through that track.

But the feedback is much appreciated. Will check out the names you dropped. I recommend a rapper called Speak - you can find him on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Definitely a piss take, Speak - The Hungarian Rapper. Good Gas. Well produced video though gotta say! Funny song considering its satirical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Watch the video ...... Dirt......

Made me ashamed of my love for Hip-Hop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

It's a deliberate mix of rap and comedy. As two white rappers from Naas it seemed a bit clichè and lazy to try and pretend to be gangster rappers from the "hood". We keep all our tracks centric to Naas and the surrounding areas. http://www.myspace.com/naascrew. The Naas is better then Newbridge track on there has been played in clubs such as Time;Venue.:cool:

We use the "N" word as a social commentry though. Finally the word has changed meaning for the youth of today but if a white guy says it to another white guy with no animosity or hatred behind it, using it the same way a black rapper would it's instantly racist. Is just all part of the satire we have flowing through that track.

But the feedback is much appreciated. Will check out the names you dropped. I recommend a rapper called Speak - you can find him on youtube.

please stop whatever it is you call that "sound".
    Within 45 seconds of your track - i turned it off.

Why dont you leave music to the musicians? be a comedian - dont mock other people's passion.
    Its just riduculous. Not funny or comedic.
    Also... if this is the type of tripe Time plays- i wont be going.

• Advertisement

Pen1987 wrote: »
    Definitely a piss take, Speak - The Hungarian Rapper. Good Gas. Well produced video though gotta say! Funny song considering its satirical.

Thanks mate, really happy with the production on our first attempt. Its satirical as what would be the point in coming out with some fake "gangster rap" attempt? We're Irish not American.

Speak is the ****ing man! :D

SmokyMo wrote: »
    Watch the video ...... Dirt......

Made me ashamed of my love for Hip-Hop.

So you're saying our music moved you. Thanks :)

Also... if this is the type of tripe Time plays- i wont be going.

I'm sure tourism in the area will plummet once word of this gets around.

Many thanks for the feedback so far guys, whether positive or negative, as long as it's constructive. Keep it coming :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Cullo

ha ha classic for what it is, obviously havin a laugh and takin the piss! If everyone took themselfs serious and all made the same type stuff, it would get boarin....if yous were been serious with the whole thing tho and it came out like that...well then id think yous were muck!!!....video is well done tho...yous do it yourselfs??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

i fear that if I see you when I'm driving through the town I may forget to use my brakes...

^^^ man there obviously only takin the piss outta saps that go on like that......are'nt they???

Cullo wrote: »
    ha ha classic for what it is, obviously havin a laugh and takin the piss! If everyone took themselfs serious and all made the same type stuff, it would get boarin....if yous were been serious with the whole thing tho and it came out like that...well then id think yous were muck!!!....video is well done tho...yous do it yourselfs??

Video was produced completly by ourselves, got a friend to direct obviously for the shots though. Couldn't agree more on the "if everyone did the same" it'd get boring. Why not have a satirical rap group from naas. Would a "gangster rap" taking it serious group be any good? Its Naas!

Video took about a week to get right in production on an Apple Mac but well worth it. Man at least you can appreciate it for what it is and aren't comparing it to professionally produced hip hop and the like

Einstein wrote: »
    i fear that if I see you when I'm driving through the town I may forget to use my brakes...

.....and what? Crash into the car in front of you?? Are we that devilishy distracting that when driving by you'll forget to brake? :confused:

there are a few Irish acts that mix comedy and hiphop together and do well

http://www.myspace.com/captainmoonlightkilkenny

and

http://www.myspace.com/rubberbanditspranks

so whats wrong with what there doin??

there are a few Irish acts that mix comedy and hiphop together and do well

http://www.myspace.com/captainmoonlightkilkenny

and

http://www.myspace.com/rubberbanditspranks

so whats wrong with what there doin??

Rubber Bandits can be hilarious in some stuff. "Seeing Snoop after kissing Ice Cube...It was pure awkward loike"

Couldn't agree more on the "if everyone did the same" it'd get boring. Why not have a satirical rap group from naas. Would a "gangster rap" taking it serious group be any good? Its Naas!

so by that logic then just because ur not taking urself seriously then that means ur music is good. i'm sorry but i don't think it works that way. i'm not saying ur music is rubbish or anything like that its just that when it comes to lyrics and production u guys need to put in more work. theres plenty of room for a satirical rap group so keep on doing what ur doing. and getting back to the "N" word, public opinion may be changing on its meaning but I.M.H.O. its never ok for us a white people to use the word in any way shape or form.

one last thing, u keep mentioning the fact that ur from Naas like its an excuse for ur music sounding the way it does. why?

Jay Ru wrote: »
    so by that logic then just because ur not taking urself seriously then that means ur music is good.

No it means they prob dont give a f*ck, they just havin a laugh.

one last thing, u keep mentioning the fact that ur from Naas like its an excuse for ur music sounding the way it does. why?

COS THERE TAKIN THE PISS!!!

and yeah, they could use a new mic but the quality isint as bad as a lot of stuff iv heard and yeah the words are a little simplistic and No I wouldn listen to it or buy it but again, iv never heard of these guys before so they prob fairly new to it, so im sure they'll improve more in time...stop bustin there balls when they only havin a laugh....I mean they sound abit like spiral if ye ask me but he actually serious, atleast they ONLY TAKIN THE PISS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

In fairness they seem to have more talent than most of the bebo irish rap peoples i have heard.

lol just thought who they remind me of...do ye remember Rats from the flats in Paths to freedom...well his band..cant remember the mad name they had

• Advertisement

COS THERE TAKIN THE PISS!!!

and yeah, they could use a new mic but the quality isint as bad as a lot of stuff iv heard and yeah the words are a little simplistic and No I wouldn listen to it or buy it but again, iv never heard of these guys before so they prob fairly new to it, so im sure they'll improve more in time...stop bustin there balls when they only havin a laugh....I mean they sound abit like spiral if ye ask me but he actually serious, atleast they ONLY TAKIN THE PISS

i get what ur saying but first impressions do last. i know it sounds corny but its true. when u introduce yourself with sub par material u run the risk of been labeled by that for a very long time! even bad comedians take the piss, wud u watch their youtube vid?

yeah man, I did!! straight off tho with the credits "naas is the place..a nice place...to shop" at the the start of a hiphop video, obviously a pisstake from the start so id watch but its not the type music im into so I wouldnt watch it over and over or anythin but sure atleast they out doin stuff even if it is only havin a laugh or whatever ye know man!!

sure would you watch mine?? prob not, but im sure there is people that do.
    some will...some wont....some will like...some dont but who cares, its creative!!!....and thats Dr phils words for this session what lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

lol just thought who they remind me of...do ye remember Rats from the flats in Paths to freedom...well his band..cant remember the mad name they had

If i recall correctly, it was "Sperm.com"

The Naas Crew's new video is out just in time for the election.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZe4BIDHp8A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I've wanted to do some comedy rap for a while. It's what people in this country want to hear. But I'm trying to get my standard of rapping up, and come out with a fully formed comedic idea.

That for me is what separates the likes of The Rubberbandits from the more half baked stuff like 066 Crew www.myspace.com/066crew

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Nah Shapey, stay away from the comedy rap, you'll be branded a copy cat.

Agriculture Rap is going to be the next big thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Captain Moonlight already did his Agroculture series.

I think there's still room for some comedy rap that's well executed Boom Bap. Like the aforementioned 066 crew got 25k myspace hits in a couple of weeks and were selling out gigs locally even though they were a bit half baked. Certainly the way to go if you wanted to make a few quid. It'd be easy enough get a video on Republic of Telly and from there a few hundred thousand views. Not much in the way of opportunities for serious Irish hip hop to get those kind of numbers.

edit: only saw this now cos youtubes blocked in college. Video and beat are top notch. Rappings alright. Sharpen that up it'd be decent.

Cllr/Mayor/<snip>....</snip> Darren Scully challenged us to do a song "minus the language" in the papers a good while back. He resigned today over the whole being a huge horrible racist **** thing, so we released this for free just to piss on him while he's down really.

http://soundcloud.com/thenaascrew/recession-blues

The Naas Crew.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Cllr/Mayor/<snip>....</snip> Darren Scully challenged us to do a song "minus the language" in the papers a good while back. He resigned today over the whole being a huge horrible racist **** thing, so we released this for free just to piss on him while he's down really.

http://soundcloud.com/thenaascrew/recession-blues

The Naas Crew.

You owe me 2 minutes of my life and my ears an apology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

lordgoat wrote: »
    You owe me 2 minutes of my life and my ears an apology.

Haha you actually clicked the link? :pac:

Advertisement