Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 22" Wide Syncmaster - which one to buy

Options
  • 28-08-2008 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

so now I've decided my 19" LG LCD is not fancy enough and I'm gonna treat myself with something bigger like 22".
    I went into pcworld etc, saw some screens, liked Samsung syncmasters the most.
    The problem is that when I look at komplett.ie I see a good dozen of Samsung 22" Wide Syncmasters and most them cost below 300eur and specs are almost the same. I just don't know which one to get.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I was in the same dilemma myself though I've now decided to go with a 20".

Syncmaster 226BW - I had been considering this one. It gets good reviews and was the 22" I had finally settled on.

Samsung SyncMaster 2243BW - This bad boy is aimed towards business use but it's a perfectly capable multimedia monitor. What would sway me in particular is the tilt function.

I dunno what PC World are selling though and the above are just my pick of Samsung 22" monitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

If I were You I'd opt for a 24' as its got a resolution of 1920x1200 and will play HD content (1920x1080p). A 22' doesn't have its own native resolution, its the same resolution as a 20' (1680x1080) but stretched. Just my 2cents.

I've got a Samsung 245B, love it. Its a TN panel but that doesn't bother me as I sit directly in front of it while gaming. Here's the 245B Plus (not the one I got, I've got the 245B which has a 2ms response but its no longer stocked). Review of 245B here

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

i just got the 2253bw from komplett. read some good reviews here

also read some stuff about panel lottery and back light bleed. just type samsung panel lottery into google and youll find it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

hey you nearly talked me into getting 24" one. started looked at the bigger screen now.
    my plan is to have two monitors connected to my pc, I'll use the better one as a primary display and old one will play some movie there in the background ;)

and after reading a good few reviews there and here I started thinking that Dell ultrasharp would be the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

j@utis wrote: »
    hey you nearly talked me into getting 24" one. started looked at the bigger screen now.
    my plan is to have two monitors connected to my pc, I'll use the better one as a primary display and old one will play some movie there in the background ;)

and after reading a good few reviews there and here I started thinking that Dell ultrasharp would be the better option.

If you are going 24" then Dell is the best option. Expensive as hell but you do get the quality and all the ins and outs you want on a HD monitor.

Bear in mind if you want to play games in native res you need a good graphics card

• Advertisement
Advertisement