Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Celica vs Honda Integra Type R

Options
  • 28-08-2008 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Lad just wondering on your opinions between Toyota Celica vs Honda Integra Type R.What are the pros and cons of the two.Which should I go for as i'm caught between the two.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

what do you think yourself - have you driven both - that'd be the first step

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

depends on what you want and which version of both cars your looking at?

if its an ss-III versus a dc2 type r then the integra is generally considered the far better car with the ss-III being more refined and for long cruising journeys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

What generation celica are you thinking of ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Superstrong

Only driven the celica.Looking at 2000 version.

You'd have to go for the 190 bhp VVTLi model to keep up with the Integra

• Advertisement

Only driven the celica.Looking at 2000 version.

and the integra you'd be looking at is a dc2 or a dc5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Superstrong

It's the dc 5 version.Leaning a bit towards the integra.

Looks wise the Celica looks far more modern . Celica would be more comforable as well .
    The Type R would have the better engine and be more of a "sports" car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

I think i d definitely go for the Integra.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'd go for the Integra myself

• Advertisement

gotta be the dc5, more power, better handling, sport pedigree, better looking

tmpphpmqtdWr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

dc5 220 vs celica 190 - dc5 is more of a sports car - celica is comfy but fairly small

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

DC5 gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I think the current gen Celica has a bit of a hairdressers car reputation, perhaps undeservedly, I have never driven one.

The previous generation GT-4 Celica really was a real looker in my opinion and it also went like stink. 4 wheel steer also. Lovely Jap.

Between the current gen Celica and a DC5? The Teg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

They're fairly different. Price is fairly different too! The DC5's are major money. Savage car, but not worth their price tag. S2000's are almost similar money. DC5's are rock hard, teeth rattling stuff over rough roads. Stripped out racers really. Celica's are very refined by comparison. It's a choice that can only be solved by your wants/needs.
    Celica is more comfortable, quieter, more refined, cheaper.
    DC5 is sharper handling, quicker, rarer.

Advertisement