Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to complaint about car dealership? Have tried Simi web

Options
  • 28-08-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I want to make a complaint about the car dealership that I have had contact with but cannont find an offical website to complain to. I have tried www.simi.ie but it doesn't allow you to make a complaint on there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Maybe try contacting the car manufacturer that the dealer represents? Depends on the complaint really. National Consumer Agency might be one to try if it was a consumer issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Try ringing SIMI and seeing if they accept complaints. Then put the complaint into writing and send it via registered letter. E-mails etc really aren't the best medium for such messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

SIMI's mandate is supposedly to ensure that the customer is treated in a fair manner by one of their registered members. They have a complaints procedure that will investigate the issue at hand and make a ruling. I don't know if this would involve you waiving your right to pursue legal proceedings if you disagreed with SIMI's findings though. For my part, I'm always dubious that the likes of SIMI (or any other self regulatory body) is truly independent or impartial but then I'm just a cynical sod :D.

ps, My wife used to work with SIMI's head honcho and his wife worked for me so thats where I got the info from. Small world eh?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jojo88

Hi

Thanks for the responses, I will register a letter to Simi and see what happens -

I bought a newish car of a dealer last Oct and Nov it was involved in RTA the car was towed to the dealership pending approval for repairs as the axle was damaged I wanted the car to be written off but my insurance would not accept this anyway as I delayed for 4wks pending solicitor advice etc I accepted the repairs but the dealership's customer care was just terrible. they removed my spare wheel and would not return my calls etc so I feel justified in making this known to some regulatory body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You don't get to choose if your car is written off or not.

Does your insurance policy have a new car if your car is less than 12 months old clause in it or something??

• Advertisement

If the axle is damaged then you could fight to get the car written off but it would mean having to pay for a mechanical engineer to verify its road safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Whats the problem with replacing the axle.

the chassey was damaged along with axle & in the end that's what they put right but from speaking with my own mechanic at the time he advised that it would be safer if i could get the car written off...

Advertisement