Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording lectures

Options
  • 28-08-2008 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Let me guess, first year?

I've seen people do it before, but you have to remembers something, lectures are there as a guideline as to what to study on your own. If you take good notes, there is no need to record the audio.

On a tech side, I'd say you'd have to sit close to the front and if using the laptop, chances are that you'll pick but sounds from the table, i.e. when put slam books etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

I doubt they would agree to video recording.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Just from a copyright point of view, many lecturers copyright their lectures, so you'd have to be really careful there. Also, they may see it as giving you an unfair advantage, or might just be very against it. Don't be surprised if it gets a poor response, but there's no harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

I've seen plenty of people in lectures with dictaphones. I don't know whether or not they have permission though.

Recording language modules is probably different but in non-language subjects the only advantage I could see to recording the lecture would be the ability to take notes later at your leisure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

The language modules I did weren't really lectures at all tbh. More interactive. You probably won't gain much from recording it.

Advertisement