Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Gear Swap

Options
  • 28-08-2008 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, I got a long sleeve, full zip jersey, medium size.
    It's too big around the arms for me, so if anyone has a small long sleeve jersey that they want to swap, let me know.

Alternatively, I can sell it on instead.
    I haven't worn the jersey at all, apart from trying it on when I got it earlier today.

If anyone is interested, please let me know

thanks
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Raam, I may well be interested in that, I have probably got one size too big myself. Obviously a large would be no use to you but I may well buy it off you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Hiya lads
    Just in case yis don't get sorted I'll buy that medium off you Raam...

Slan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Blorg, since you were first if I don't hear from anyone who wants to swap a small, it's yours.

Funkyzeit, (great name by the way) if Blorg decides not to take it, it's yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Is that the second time you've got the wrong size? That's bad luck mate :)

Is that the second time you've got the wrong size? That's bad luck mate :)

Tis weird, the training jacket is the same size, but fits fine. It's just the arms that are off, everything else about the jersey is fine. And as yis have probably noticed, I've skinny arms.

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    Tis weird, the training jacket is the same size, but fits fine. It's just the arms that are off, everything else about the jersey is fine. And as yis have probably noticed, I've skinny arms.
    Yeah like the rest of you is enormous :D The stuff was I think sized a bit on the big size and in particular is very long; the idea that somone of your height could fit in a small is strange to say the least! I suspect I may well be looking to exchange some of mine.

Actually, I may need to off-load the medium short sleeve jersey also. It's too big around the chest. This isn't a comment on the garments, it's just my weird dimensions :)

The original small which I got ages ago actually fits pretty good now :)

I find mine are large in the chest, fine around the waist too... maybe none of us have cyclists chests :)

And yes, your arms are very skinny mate!

@Raam- I'll prob take that short-sleeve too!

blorg wrote: »
    @Raam- I'll prob take that short-sleeve too!

Cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Raam, I think Blorg needs to feed you a few more of those McDonalds, I was worried you were going to fall through the cracks in the paving in the main square in Waterford during the week, no wonder you were flying up the Mahon falls at the weekend !

I am waiting to see what my size M fits like. I have tiny arms, but a bit barrel chested and carrying a bit of excess around the middle the last few weeks. Perhaps a medium around the belly and small everywhere else.

Jeez, you'd want a thick skin around here wouldn't you? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Raam wrote: »
    Jeez, you'd want a thick skin around here wouldn't you? ;)

But then you wouldn't fit into your jersey...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Cyclists are awful aren't we ? Probably the only sport where the other blokes sneer at you for not shaving your legs. Plus we look at the thinner riders enviously ! We're like a bunch of bitchy 14 year old girls. After a while in my first race season I even found myself casting critical eyes over my fellow competitors e.g. hmmm that fat b*stards lost a few pounds, must be putting in a lot of work on the bike, I'll keep an eye on that wheel today, whilst that fella over there has grown a set of love handles, if he attacks early on I will just leave him off, he'll probably have a heart attack anyway.

Blorg, I haven't heard from anyone who wants to swap, so these are yours if you wish to buy them.

OK- mind if I try them on first :D

These are still up for sale.
    Just to note, I am selling a long sleeve jersey (not jacket). It is sized larger than the jacket, for some reason.

I am also selling a short sleeve jersey.
    Both mediums.

Blorg they will defo not be too small for you, and you are welcome to try them yourself.

FYI, the jersey's are sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

blorg wrote: »
    Yeah like the rest of you is enormous :D The stuff was I think sized a bit on the big size and in particular is very long; the idea that somone of your height could fit in a small is strange to say the least! I suspect I may well be looking to exchange some of mine.

But then human beings are an odd lot: Raam is a full six inches taller than me but he was good enough to meet and allow me try on his medium training jacket. It fitted perfectly: go figure.

Blorg - what would you be getting rid of? I'm not in a position to swap but I might buy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I only tried on my winter training jacket last night and it's too small for me. It's a bit tight around the chest.

It's never been worn apart from trying it on, it's for sale if anyone wants it.

• Advertisement

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    I only tried on my winter training jacket last night and it's too small for me. It's a bit tight around the chest.

It's never been worn apart from trying it on, it's for sale if anyone wants it.

What size is it Aquinas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I suppose that would be handy.

It's a small.

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    I suppose that would be handy.

It's a small.

FYI: The small jackets are suitable for a petite girl.

Advertisement