Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long walk shopping centre redevelopment

Options
  • 28-08-2008 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi I read in the argus about the proposed long walk plan...didnt say much so I was wondering if anyone knew more........ thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I hear The Long Walk, Carroll Village and the Bus dep is gonna go, meant to be a massive redevelopment that will be done in phases. Planning is meant to be in by the end of the year but some of the idea they have are meant to a bit pointless with one being way to far away from its market and the other adding something that the town has way to many of already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RONOC08

Heard something similar they would have to reroute the road and everything traffic would be awful round there but carrol vilage and the longwalk are useless a development would be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

eamoss wrote: »
    Ibut some of the idea they have are meant to a bit pointless with one being way to far away from its market and the other adding something that the town has way to many of already.

You lost me there. I would have thought as many of the households in the town use Tesco or Superquinn that these 2 centres were right where their market is. Where do you see its market being?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

You lost me there. I would have thought as many of the households in the town use Tesco or Superquinn that these 2 centres were right where their market is. Where do you see its market being?

They are planning to build a Hotel (which Dundalk has way to many of) and housing for Students (which is way too far away from the college IMO).

well dudes,

does anyone know whats happening with the old greenore railway station at quay street? they seem to be renovating it. also, anyone know whats happening with the site of the old cosy bar across from the windmill bar???

• Advertisement
Advertisement