Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vrt differences with extras

Options
  • 28-08-2008 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭

My sister is currently looking at Mk5 Golfs to replace her 02 Seat Ibiza.It would appear that England is the place to go for a good deal. She really wants a GTi but she knows thats a bit out of budget.She is instead considering a 1.9TDi GTi replica.One car she is looking at is a 1.9 TDI SE spec that has been made to look fully like a GTi, Exterior only, that is.

The vrt quote for a standard 1.9TDi SE for that particular car and mileage is about 2400e.I'm just wondering how much extra the taxman would want for the GTi mods. That is basically just the front and rear bumpers,the front lights, the GTi grill and the 18" Monza alloys.I assume it couldnt be much more a few hundred euro. or would it.The Revenue currently value the car(Totally standard that is) at 14,250e.How much extra would this go up by??

Any thoughts or opinions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not sure really if the VRO distinguish between factory extras and aftermarket extras when calculating VRT.

Maybe a phone call to your local VRO might shed some light on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Was thinking the same thing myself to be honest. I mean vw dont give you the option of making the car look like the GTi themselves, do they. There dont seem to be any extras on the actual base car. I spose i'll have to see what the VRO say....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

When I VRT'ed my old Audi A4 they just wanted the log book, they have all the information they need in that. Mine was a 1.9TDi SE, with a full quattro body kit and 18" RS6's
    image-upload-31-744237.jpg

So not your typical A4, there were no extra loadings or anything, and it was factory fitted too. So you may pay more for the car itself to get these extra's but VRT just goes on Open Market Selling Price and CO2 emissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I guess something to bear in mind is that they may do a visual inspection of the car, in which case they'd see the alloy's, bumpers etc which I assume aren't detailed in the log book.

I VRT'd my car a few months ago and they didn't bother going to view it, although it wasn't a sporty car, so I guess they had no reason to. It still caused me to hide my SatNav that I bought though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

As Dave says, the thing to consider is whether the additions to your car will affect the OMSP.

i.e. Just because I spend €5k on a body kit for my '00 Polo 1.0 doesn't mean that my car is now worth €5k more. I'd say you'll find that very few people will pay significantly more for a bodykitted car, and the OMSP reflects what you can sell it for, not what you paid for it.

If the standard car's valued at €14,250, I doubt the bodykit would make the car break €15k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Thanks for all the replys.I guess the VRO cant charge us much more anyway no matter wwhat.None the less, here is the car
    media?id=755834770

Remember this is just a 1.9TDI SE.Pretty good job i have to say.If i saw it on the road, i would be totally convinced its a GTi.Qhen i hear that engne though, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Yeah but take it from me, I've been in that bastard of an office enough to know!! They don't even look at the car, the last fella that looked at one of mine said "nice car" checked the mileage and the power output. You could have bloody wings on the car and tell him it can fly it doesn't matter, the car is what it is, you pay your VRT on the market price of the car that they have in the database. And you can check it at www.ros.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replys.I guess the VRO cant charge us much more anyway no matter wwhat.None the less, here is the car
    media?id=755834770

Remember this is just a 1.9TDI SE.Pretty good job i have to say.If i saw it on the road, i would be totally convinced its a GTi.Qhen i hear that engne though, :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Nice looking car,really looks the part...:D

Advertisement