Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Civic Type R vs Mirage Mivec

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

woop wrote: »
    mnnnn.........bah,bah

yes I am making vtec noises with my mouth anyway

Like this guy? :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U-fD4grZD8

Watch for the double-clutching and missing third gear, quality stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 5803emma

I've an fto mivec wit the veilside front bumper, pure rare and absolutely mint!! But the teg is definately a faster, more responsive car. It pains me to say :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

If you're going for a 99 and insurance aint an issue then why not a teg type r instead? Faster than both the civic and the mivec and a better handler! How much you lookin to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

are civic type r's really well known to get huge insurance quotes?? was thinking about gettin one next summer perhaps probably a 97 or 98 (maybe a glanza) only problem is a careless driving conviction,5 penalty points and im 24??:mad: will i give up dreaming now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

bladebrew wrote: »
    are civic type r's really well known to get huge insurance quotes?? was thinking about gettin one next summer perhaps probably a 97 or 98 (maybe a glanza) only problem is a careless driving conviction,5 penalty points and im 24??:mad: will i give up dreaming now?

You will find it tough to get a quote, and if you do get a quote....it will be high!!!

I was about to do that about the Teg i've been looking at the last year or so, but i got on to an insurance company called first ireland and they quoted me no problem on a teg so a civic would be handier and you're 3 years older than me! When i say i was quoted no bother....it was still fairly pricy, 2500 but for a 21 yr old 3yrs ncb full licence etc, even the high excess people wouldn't quote me and these did no probs. It is a lot of money but in fairness i was payin 2500 two years ago for a 1.2L Punto Sportin.

yeah i wouldnt even mind if it around 2 to 2.5k i deserve that! as long as the bank gimme a loan!,thats a good way to look at it 2500 for a punto or 2500 for a teg,,,hmmm:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Conor E

Out of the box the type R is much better evreyone has a civic, there is something a bit more special about a MIVEC. As sweet as a vtec does sound you cant fault the noise of a mivec at 8500rpm

Drove my lancer for a year (have it up on adverts now http://adverts.ie/71687 cheaper than a type R) 1.6 few modifications including 1.8 bottom end lifted from an fto. I will beat a type R civic any day.
    only touble is as someone else already pointed out the civic will probably be easier to sell. From what i hear and my own experience the MIVECs are not hit as hard as vtecs when it comes to insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

yeah i wouldnt even mind if it around 2 to 2.5k i deserve that! as long as the bank gimme a loan!,thats a good way to look at it 2500 for a punto or 2500 for a teg,,,hmmm:D

2.5k you don't mind?

with a careless driving conviction and 5 penalty points you're only dreaming to get a quote like that.

Try 4k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Like this guy? :D:D

You owe me a mouth full of beer. LMAO @ 50 secs.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

ClioV6 wrote: »
    2.5k you don't mind?

with a careless driving conviction and 5 penalty points you're only dreaming to get a quote like that.

Try 4k.

I would agree with you on this....

ClioV6 wrote: »
    2.5k you don't mind?

Try 4k.

thats what i thought,when i told my insurance company about the conviction and penalty points (all happened in one go) my insurance didnt go up coz i had just got a full licence,just stayed at the same price,so im still praying:)

A few of my friends have a few points, one of em has 4 and his insurance stayed the same, but i suppose on high performance cars they'll look for any excuse to load on the price

Advertisement