Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry as a modem on O2

• 28-08-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Probably missed this somewhere in the forum but does anybody know how I can set up my Blackberry Curve (8300) to work as a modem for the laptop (XP Pro) ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There should be software on the CD that came with the Blackberry.

Do note that your Blackberry plan won't cover this usage as a modem though and you won't be able to have a (modem compatible) data bundle and the Blackberry package at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 SidinNaas

Thanks Random. Looks like this will be a very short thread as I am scrapping the idea now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's a real shame. I remember seeing a thread over on the O2 forum about it but there are no immediate plans to look at this they said.

The only solution in terms of cost is to remove bb addon and then add data addon and then reverse every time you wanna use it as a modem. I think customer care are gonna stop you doing that after the first 63 trys though.

It's always worth your while ringing 1850 601740 (O2 data support) though, will take 2 or 3 mins and maybe and there's always a chance they've just launched something in the last few days.

Advertisement