Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Acc for non business students

• 28-08-2008 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I choose acc for non business students as my elective and i have 2 questions. It says its in the quinn school, does that mean i need a laptop? And last year one of my modules was financial management, so its basiclly the same thing over again, should i be allowed to do this module or are they going to make me pick a new one? or will they even realise??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

You shouldn't need a laptop for this course afaik. There should be a section of info on the page for the course detailing courses it can't be taken with. If the other one isn't listed, then there shouldn't be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mo-me-mi

cool, thats deadly, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

mo-me-mi wrote: »
    I choose acc for non business students as my elective and i have 2 questions. It says its in the quinn school, does that mean i need a laptop? And last year one of my modules was financial management, so its basiclly the same thing over again, should i be allowed to do this module or are they going to make me pick a new one? or will they even realise??

Shall see ya there:D Sounds handy enough, doubt a laptop will be necessary, but may be a help to have one. Only 18 people in it so far...nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 conor563

I didn't do accounting for the lc, would it be possible to keep up with the work in that elective with having no experience of accounting except JC business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

i did it last year and only did jc business. Found it pretty tough lectures go on for about 2.5 hours (although may be different now). Some tough elements to it like cash discounting, internal rate of return that i have been told is done in 2nd year comm. If ou put the work in it should be ok but it wont be a walk in the park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

conor563 wrote: »
    I didn't do accounting for the lc, would it be possible to keep up with the work in that elective with having no experience of accounting except JC business?

I done this a couple years ago and thought it was an absolute diabolical. The lecturer was pretty good (by that i mean entertaining)...however the notes gave scarce details.

I would not recommend doing this as an elective ( or any other accounting module) The work required far out ways the benefits...especially if you never done accounting before.

But that is just my humble opinion :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I done this a couple years ago and thought it was an absolute diabolical. The lecturer was pretty good (by that i mean entertaining)...however the notes gave scarce details.

I would not recommend doing this as an elective ( or any other accounting module) The work required far out ways the benefits...especially if you never done accounting before.

But that is just my humble opinion :p

I can see it being like that, but I do enjoy accounting, so I'm sure I can get through it. Plus if I dont understand bits, I'll go back to my old school and get some help, got on very well with teachers, so should be ok.

Advertisement