Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake shoes

Options
  • 29-08-2008 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Just a nice and quick one for yas..
    how do you know when the brake shoes in the drums need changing? I was stopped on a hill today and noted that i had to lift the handbrake high to hold it. I hadn't got a load or any passengers.
    Also some mornings it seems to seize up? in other words I would lower the handbrake and go to reverse out and its like the handbrake is still applied. only does it sometimes

As always all replies appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The handbrake might just need to be adjusted?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

a good mechanic will always check the condition of the brakes during a full service , if the pads or shoes are not likely to last 6-10 k miles he should advise you

it sounds like you need to get yours checked , maybe just take off the drums & cleaning & adjustment

Advertisement