Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crap tunes

Options
  • 29-08-2008 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

ok, i know, im starting threads like a newbie on AH, but what the hell.

ive been playing, and ive jut had to do black magic woman.

i dont know what it is about that song, but i just dont like it.
    it bores me, i make mistakes where i shouldnt.

i just dont enjoy playing it.

the other one i really dislike is anarchy in the UK. i used to love the pistols, but this song, i really cant take it any more.

bah

oh, and the missus is sick of foghat. i spent about a week playing it on hard, so she only knows the first verse :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Slow ride
    hit me with your best shot
    talk dirty to me
    sunshine of your love
    belly of a shark
    metal heavy lady
    the way it ends
    Loads more I can't think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sabotage.... Beastie Boys suck. Terrible song.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

Mr E wrote: »
    Sabotage.... Beastie Boys suck. Terrible song.

Very much agree !

Belly of a Shark and story of my life are two very bad and annoying songs. Kool Thing and the aerosmith song are awful aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

To be fair, there are a few turkeys on every GH and even Rock Band falls into this.

Here be my list of what simply shouldn't have been there:

GH1:
    The Donna's "Take It Off" - Repetition at it's very worst.
    QOTSA "No One Knows" - Same reason, boring and repetitive.

GH2:
    Nirvana "Heart Shaped Box" - Cobain was no Hendrix, and this of all songs?
    Motley Crue "Shout At The Devil" - I love Crue, but Kickstart My Heart would have been a better pick.
    Pearl Jam "Life Wasted" - Enjoyed this at first, but it got boring very quickly, better Pearl Jam songs out there that could have been used.

GH Encore 80s:
    I really don't know where to start with this, most of the covers were god awful.
    Oingo Boingo "Only A Lad" - What the f*ck like?
    Eddie Money "Shakin" - I know we were focusing on 80s, but this cheeseball?

GH3:
    Muse "Knights Of Cydonia" - Ugh, this songs endings put my fingers through hell. Horrible.
    AFI "Miss Murder" - Somewhat biased as i hate AFI to begin with, but this one gives me a headache.

Rock Band:
    Weezer "Say It Aint So" - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRIIING!
    Fall Out Boy "Dead On Arrival" - see above
    NIN "The Hand That Feeds" - I got into this at first, but there is no challenge to this song at all. :(

Too tired to sift through the Aerosmith tracklist to comment on it. But then, i'm an Aerosmith fan so that was one of the ones that really appealed to me.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

NIN "The Hand That Feeds" - I got into this at first, but there is no challenge to this song at all. :(

Sucks on guitar but it has a great drum chart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I still think GH1 was the best.

You can see how they started fitting the names into the setlist before the tunes. GH1 had the best mix of tracks, no matter how obscure because they suited the flow of the game perfectly - (Frankenstein, Godzilla, higher ground, bark at the moon, spanish castle magic)

GH 80's was bad,

GH3 - When you were young, that boring sonic youth track, sex pistols half arsed cover.

Could be my own preference, but I enjoyed GH1 way more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Rock Band:
    Weezer "Say It Aint So" - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRIIING!
    Fall Out Boy "Dead On Arrival" - see above

Too tired to sift through the Aerosmith tracklist to comment on it. But then, i'm an Aerosmith fan so that was one of the ones that really appealed to me.

VR!

I love that song, even though it was nearly the death of me on X drums. Still think it's harder than Run to the Hills!!!

For me; a few from GH II, Tattoo'd Love Boys comes to mind.

Lots from III, too many to list.

Only Maps from RB really...

Advertisement