Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Sherwen, Phil Ligget, David Duffield, Jimmy Magee - Dedicated to all Boardsies

Options
  • 29-08-2008 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

Well ... there it goes, I just had dinner with 4 Sports Legends ... and I have the photos to prove it ...
    20080829_50.JPG?imgmax=512

And

20080829_46.JPG?imgmax=512

The press was invited to a dinner by Failte Ireland... Story telling by the legends and all included, amazing!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

pretty cool, i got VIP passes to the end of the stage in galway today so i'll see what kind of access they grant me :p

Did you meet cavendish yet?? nice guy doesn't like media attention though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

2807344061_87aef010e0.jpg?v=0

Me and cav from earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You are a hero(ine) Caroline with that Duffield jersey photo, it will go down in Boards history! Did you not ask him to try it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

That little jersey is so funny :D Doesn't so much look like they're smiling for the camera as much as pi$$ing themselves laughing at the jersey :D
    Nice work though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Legend Photos !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

kenmc wrote: »
    That little jersey is so funny :D Doesn't so much look like they're smiling for the camera as much as pi$$ing themselves laughing at the jersey :D
    Nice work though!

Duffield was drunk ... the other guy is Dave the announcer from Colorado.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Good on you for getting him drunk enough to hold the jersey. You'll have to try the same trick on some of the riders but reckon it might be Sunday before they will imbibe. It's a great photo. Just need a tipsy Mark Cavendish trying to squeeze into it and you will be done.

As for Dave from Colorado, "Mark Cavendish, that man doesn't like to lose a handshake" will live in my memory for some time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

blorg wrote: »
    Good on you for getting him drunk enough to hold the jersey. You'll have to try the same trick on some of the riders but reckon it might be Sunday before they will imbibe. It's a great photo. Just need a tipsy Mark Cavendish trying to squeeze into it and you will be done.

As for Dave from Colorado, "Mark Cavendish, that man doesn't like to lose a handshake" will live in my memory for some time :D

What was the other one he said? Something about a sprint between Cav and Power being like a battle of "Godzilla verus Gamera"

Advertisement