Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO what happens now?

Options
  • 29-08-2008 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭

Ok messed up my CAO......got enough to do accounting but didnt get offered because of the stupid blunder anways dont mind taking a year out but what happens with my CAO now?

Do i use the same CAO number and account for next year and just apply again next year?

tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

what if the points go up next year?

what if fees come in?

taking a year out is risky.

why not apply for one of the available places for example 'accounting and finance' at level 8 in DBS

Check out the vacant places list on www.cao.ie

i've no idea how you would apply next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

DBS is a private school thats why
    ive got good gap of points and there is plenty of Accounting/Business courses there not doing a course i dont want to do just for the sake of it

can no one help?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

hey roachey!

Taking a year out sounds like your best plan, dont do a course you dont want for the sake of it...

Applying next year is simple, you just need your exam number from this year, the one you used on your LC scripts NOT you current CAO number...Just re apply again this year and you'll be given a new number for next year, simple as

:D

sorry but head aint the best after last nite

so i just get that number and do it over internet like i did last year?
    and il have a next account?
    do i have to pay again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

For the CAO yes but obviously not the Leaving Cert charge.

Advertisement