Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Round Offers..

Options
  • 29-08-2008 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

So if you're offered a place in the second round will it definitely be there at 6.00am today or could it be offered a bit later?

Also, where can I find out if course points have gone up or not in second round? I think qualifax take a while to update their system..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

It'll be there at 6am if you got a second round offer but afaik there'll be more offers until all places are filled.

points are on cao.ie

Points cannot go up in the second round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

i'd say it would have been there at 6....they issue them all at once....not in a drip drip fashion....efficiency at its highest :D

go to www.cao.ie and click on points (about 10th line down on left)

then lick on the drop down list 'cao points requirements' and click 2008

you can pick level 6/7 or level 8 after that

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

just checked it went down to 435 which is what I got.. does that mean its completely full if i didnt get an offer or could i still get in with the rechecks?
    why didnt i get an offer?

just checked it went down to 435 which is what I got.. does that mean its completely full if i didnt get an offer or could i still get in with the rechecks?

did you fulfil the minimum matriculation requirements? like a minimum grade in a certain subject? what course was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

If it's 435 and not 435*, and you have the entry requirements, you should have gotten an offer.

Double check your grades, points, the course's requirements and get on the phone to the CAO.

The course is higher up on your list than what you got offered in the first round, right?

• Advertisement

if it was 435 with a star beside it then it was random selection at 435

yep i did, course is Arts-economics.. im so bummed right now!

so is there still places available for candidates getting rechecks? if so could i still get offered a place?

if it was economics in UCD then you missed out on random selection so not everybody on 435 got in.

Everybody on 435 may get in on round 3 or you may get pulled out of the hat in round 3 if its still random selection and someone doesn't accept their round 2 offer this morning.

I don't know about rechecks.

when is round 3, how come it doesnt give round 3 dates on cao website?

• Advertisement

when is round 3, how come it doesnt give round 3 dates on cao website?

the latest acceptance for those who got round 2 offers is 3rd september at 5.15 so at a guess i'd say 2 or 3 days after that at the very latest

if someone refused this place this morning , how soon would somebody else be offered, does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

if someone refused this place this morning , how soon would somebody else be offered, does anybody know?

as it says above at least the 3rd september, as you don't 'refuse' an offer, you just don't accept it just like in the first round. you will have to wait until then for the third round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

So another agonising wait till the 3rd?

yup sure seems like it, ahh well, ive to start thinking positive.. the wait goes on..

Advertisement