Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robinho...

• 29-08-2008 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Looks like this deal to bring him to Chelsea is off ...

I knew it would turn out this way .. just like Alves ..

any major signing that has so much talk around Chelsea
    always falls through

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

why does it look like its off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Might not be a bad thing, I have my doubts whether he could make it in the premiership, the small fast pacey skillful winger is no longer king, the top clubs have full backs that have the same attributes.

Besides they just had to sell back their small fast pacey winger at a huge discount to his old club.

Wouldn't be too upset if I were a Chelsea fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Alan wrote: »
    why does it look like its off?

Apparently Madrid would only sell him if they could get a suitable replacement in - they aren't getting Ronaldo and have also missed out on Villa so the talk at the moment is that they are putting a stop to the Robinho deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Tauren wrote: »
    Apparently Madrid would only sell him if they could get a suitable replacement in - they aren't getting Ronaldo and have also missed out on Villa so the talk at the moment is that they are putting a stop to the Robinho deal.

Yea but i thought they had set their sights on Carzola to replace him, and Real usually get whatever Spanish player they want.
    Carzola deal could still happen, maybe Chelsea could still get him last minute.

I don't really rate him. I know he's good but he's very hot and cold from what i've seen. But my mate is a huge madrid fan and he loves him..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Well the Robinho transfer is a bit weird, in that he was supposed to go to fund C. Ronaldo coming in, when that went pear shaped - Robinho was left in a situation of not being wanted to being needed.

So Real supposedly put a 40m price tag on his head, forcing him into handind ing a transfer request (not sure if he has done this)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

He was boo'd off the pitch against Valencia by the Madrid fans, they will never want him playing after he says he wanted to leave. A bit over rated imo anyways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Theres no signs its off at all.Jackdaw and his mad threads again.

This weekend will be crazy with transfers and anything can happen

Robinho has done the very same thing Real wanted C.Ronaldo to do.

In fairness, he wasn't wanted by his manager, and is incredibly underpaid, I think he's only about the 10th top earner.

That dutch kid Drenthe gets paid more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

zAbbo wrote: »
    Robinho has done the very same thing Real wanted C.Ronaldo to do.

In fairness, he wasn't wanted by his manager, and is incredibly underpaid, I think he's only about the 10th top earner.

That dutch kid Drenthe gets paid more.
    And here was me thinking he wanted to play for Chelsea!!

He does deserve more money though

Well, I can't blame him for wanting to get away, Real Madrid probably isn't the most friendly place for Brazilians, and he has the chance to earn more and play under Scolari again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Nah, the Cazorla deal is off, he signed a new improved deal with Villareal recently, he chose them over Madrid.

Capel was also on their agenda, but Del Nido has a gentlemans agreement with Calderon that if Real want him, they can't just pay his release clause. Del Nido's a genius.

They don't actually need a replacement for Robinho, Drenthe will be used in his natural position if he leaves, and they have Robben, Sneijder, Van Der Vaart and even Guti who can play in those positions if needs be.

Real offered him twice his current wages, but he refused because he wanted triple, a little selfish if you ask me. Robinho was a bit of a problem for Madrid much before the Ronaldo saga.

Although I'd hardly say the deal is off. It's just a bit of a bumpy patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iaiBSCgnykQqcJx565JkoA3cElsg

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has decided to keep Chelsea target Robinho at the club, a Spanish sports newspaper said Friday.

"He is staying in Madrid and there is no possibility of going back on that," Calderon said, according to AS.

Calderon made the decision after a plea by Real's German coach Bernd Schuster, who is counting on the Brazilian for this season.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

He is going to get an absolute roasting from the Madridista faithful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Hmmm reminds me a bit of the Ashley Cole saga. It could go either way. I'd say we'll know more on the 1st of september at about 11.59pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Anyway .. im not surprised when Calderon is involved ..

he's a sneaky one ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Robinho left out of the squad for their first game of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hmmm reminds me a bit of the Ashley Cole saga. It could go either way. I'd say we'll know more on the 1st of september at about 11.59pm!

24 hours after the close of the deadline? Yeah, agree with that. Things should be very clear at that stage! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Are they still selling Robinho jerseys on the chelsea website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    24 hours after the close of the deadline? Yeah, agree with that. Things should be very clear at that stage! ;)

Transfer Deadlines been moved a back a day.

So eh, yeah, stop trying to be an arsehole;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SantryRed wrote: »
    Transfer Deadlines been moved a back a day.

So eh, yeah, stop trying to be an arsehole;)

NEVER! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement