Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enabling HD on the Xbox...

Options
  • 29-08-2008 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Does anyone have experience of this? I've got my HD cable and a new 32" Sony Bravia but am running into problems with the settings. When I run Enigmah on the Xbox to change from PAL to NTSC and then perform a power cycle, the NTSC settings aren't saved. It's still set to PAL :mad: Was trying this for hours last night and am nearly bald with the frustration! I've created the EEPROM_off.bin and copied it to the E:\ which is meant to disable the Virtual EEPROM but doesn't seem to work. Any help is appreciated...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Which softmod are you using? That EEPROM_off.bin should work depending on the softmod used.
    Have you tried the ShadowC_off.bin one to see do that work also?

Try this Krayzie Extras program. Extract to E:\APPS, launch Extras (password XYBX) and try Professional mode.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xacu2m

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Thanks Ongarite! :pac:
    Basically...my default dash is UnleashX so when I start up the Xbox I try running the Enigmah app from UnleashX. I choose NTSC and as the instructions state...I power off the Xbox and power it back on. I then either go into the default MS dash through UnleashX or load XBMC but I don't get the option to enable NTSC in either of them (even though I should do). When I run Enigmah again it's set back to PAL. I did try the shadowC_off.bin but didn't understand it fully to be honest. There was a program that I downloaded last night which can edit the backed up EEPROM.bin and lets you change the PAL/NTSC settings. You can then save the EEPROM.bin and copy it back over to the Xbox in the folder E:\ShadowC. Not sure how effective this is I was too tired at that stage to try it out. I'm gonna try your Krayzie Extras app too. Sounds interesting just by name! Did you use this for your NTSC setting?

Ohh yeah, this is the guide I'm using - http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31113
    I've read of a few people having problems with Enigmah not saving the NTSC setting but no sure way of fixing it.

No, I used Enigmah and it worked first time, every time and changed my virtual eeprom to NTSC even after reboot.
    My XBOX would then boot up in PAL 576i until it virtual eeprom activated when XBMC was loading.
    Krayzie NDURE was the softmod I used and the EXTRAS is an application with format and eeprom settings.
    When you use Enigmah, do you literally turn-off your XBOX or do you press both triggers, BACK and BLACK to reboot XBOX?

I've tried both powering off the xbox with the power button and using the soft reset with the 2 triggers, back + black but still no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dead_Lucky

• Advertisement

Hi Ongarite...
    I just tried the Krayzie Extras program that you suggested (thanks for that btw!). After I tried to start professional mode , it comes up with an error saying 'Unable to launch "e:\dashboard\default.xbe" File does not exist. There is no folder called 'dashboard' on the e: drive, there is a folder called 'dash' instead and that has the default.xbe inside. I'm thinking that I may need to remove UnleashX and XBMC and restore my original dash and start softmoding again from the begining. Not something I wanna do but it ain't looking good at the mo...:(

Thanks Dead_Lucky...I've tried that guide already but as I mentioned at the start, after I change the setting in Enigmah to NTSC, it isn't saved when I reboot the Xbox.

I would copy and paste the Dash contents and default.xbe to the file path looked for by Krayzie Extra and try it again.

Thanks for that...no idea why I didn't think of something so simple. I can now see XBMC in 720p and it looks great after making the change with Enigmah! :p Only thing is that as I've created the folder called 'Dashboard' and copied all the files from the 'Dash' folder into it, any changes I make while in professional mode are not saved as the 'Dash' folder is the default dash. I'd like to find out if I could edit some file in the extras folder to point it at 'Dash' instead of 'Dashboard'? You're help is appreciated Ongarite...great work!

Advertisement