Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing the brake pedal?

Options
  • 29-08-2008 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

I was test driving a secondhand car yesterday, and liked the car in general.
    As I was driving I noticed that only the tip of my shoes were actually touching the brake. I asked the guy from the dealer who was with me if he minded if I tried doing an emergency stop (we were in a quiet place with no other cars around before anyone complains!). As I thought, when I slammed on the brakes, my foot slipped off the pedal onto the floor, due to my feet being too short.

I really like this car and am seriously considering buying it, but obviously couldn't risk that happening in a real situation. Does anyone know if it's possible/easy to fit something over the brake pedal to make it longer? I peeked into the modding section, but it all looks scary in there ;) Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

reminds me of a scene from indiana jones :D:D

might help if you gave the make of the car
    oh and the model
    oh the year maybe too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It is possible to fit pedal extensions. I seem to remember in a recent thread over in the Learning to Drive forum there was a girl of, shall we say, limited stature, who had them fitted because she couldn't reach the pedals properly and was having to push the seat far too forward for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'll take a look over there as well - thanks. I'm nearly 6 feet tall - I've just got really short feet :) (No, I don't know how I don't topple over either).

The car in question is a Nissan Note - was looking at an 06 and an 07, but they're lick alike - the 06 has some minor cosmetic damage that the 07 doesn't, but is obviously a bit cheaper. The pedals are the same in both.

Advertisement