Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving boards.

Options
  • 29-08-2008 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

how do i delete all of my posts and threads?

I thought this was a discussion board but I was wrong. I don't agree with the moderators decisions so I no longer want to be part of the site.

How do I go about deleting my posts and threads before i delete my account?

Thank You

Sandra

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can't.

Your posts and threads remain on the site. Site policy is not to delete accounts.

Simply change your account's email address to something nonsensical and then change your password to some random sequence of characters. This ensures you will no longer be able to access the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭SanNJay

are you serious, there is no way to delete my account without going through an editing process

Sandra

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Yes. He is serious.
    Once you start a thread and others comment in it, it is no longer just your thread.
    Deleting comments from a thread at this point would break the flow of said thread.
    This is why you cannot edit your comments after a certain length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's correct. We only advise the editing process so that yourself and no-one else can use your account. It's not necessary, as you can simply log out and stop using the site.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Yes. He is serious.
    Once you start a thread and others comment in it, it is no longer just your thread.
    Deleting comments from a thread at this point would break the flow of said thread.
    This is why you cannot edit your comments after a certain length of time.

Thanks for that addition but i was talking to Seamus.

Sandra

Logged Out.

• Advertisement

SanNJay wrote: »
    Thanks for that addition but i was talking to Seamus.

Wow.
    Well, we'll certainly miss you....

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Wow.
    Well, we'll certainly miss you....

if you have an attitude problem then please don't take it out on me.

It costs nothing to be nice.

Sandra

if you have an attitude problem then please don't take it out on me.

It costs nothing to be nice.

Indeed it doesn't. Which is what I was doing by informing you how boards works.
    You however, lack the basics in civility when replying to my helpful comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

are you serious, there is no way to delete my account without going through an editing process

Sandra

When you registered you agreed to a number of basic rules one of them being:
    Please note that we do not delete user accounts due to the disruption it can cause to conversations.

You were also sent a welcome email which said:
    Before you post, please be aware that we do not delete user accounts and ...

and a welcome pm which also said
    Before you post, please be aware that we do not delete user accounts and ...

Advertisement