Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Duchovny to rehab for sex addiction

• 29-08-2008 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

David Duchovny has admitted himself to a rehabilitation centre seeking treatment for sex addiction.

The X-Files star, who has two children with wife Tea Leoni, said in a statement: "I have voluntarily entered a facility for the treatment of sex addiction. I ask for respect and privacy for my wife and children as we deal with this situation as a family."

Duchovny will return to US TV next month for the second season of Showtime's Californication, in which he plays philandering novelist Hank Moody.

Earlier in the summer he reprised his role as Fox Mulder in The X-Files sequel I Want To Believe.

Maybe its research for his role in Californication :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 David15050

how can sex adiction be a bad thing unless your hurting yourself or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

i was thinking the same as research for his part as Hank !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He likes sexhy he does (Red Shoes Daries)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

David Duchovny’s wife once passed out when they had sex in a sauna. The ‘X-Files: I Want to Believe’ star has revealed actress spouse Tea Leoni was overcome by the heat when the pair got steamy during a romantic break in Canada.

David explained: “It was early in the relationship and we were on a weekend getaway in Vancouver.
    “We were just all over each other – the sauna wasn’t going to stop me! I recovered pretty quickly, but Tea…”

David, 47, also revealed he and his 42-year-old wife – who have been married for 11 years - have matching tattoos because he didn’t like wearing a wedding ring.

He added to Britain’s The Sun newspaper: “I hate wearing the metal because I bang it everywhere and hurt myself. We made a compromise and I said, ‘If I get a tattoo, can I take the ring off?’

“She liked it and went out and got one for herself. It’s a phrase we say to one another but I don’t actually tell anybody. It’s AYSF. It stands for something.”

David and Tea have two children, Madelaine, eight, and six-year-old Kyd.

STEAMY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

me thinks he was caught shagging an true hollywood style rather than admit it, blame it on an addiction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I blame myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

All those fat Americans want to do is go to rehab.

I had a beer I need to go rehab.

I flicked the bean off to rehab, I had a tom hank off to rehab.

Listen for all the bad habits I have I should be committed to about 100 different types of rehabs.

From Ex Files to Sex Files

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 MightyCelestial

I've been goin' to sexual rehab for years.
    It's a great place to score with the ladies.

And I keep falling off the wagon.

So, now, I've stopped having sex on wagons.

David Duchovny is reportedly consulting Russell Brand's autobiography My Booky Wook in a bid to overcome his sex addiction.

The 48-year-old allegedly identifies with Brand's claims that fame is like "a Wonka ticket to a sex factory" and has become a fan of the British stand-up and actor.

A source told the Daily Star: "David has been greedily devouring Russell's pieces on the topic in his autobiography My Booky Wook, his interviews, podcasts and stand-up routines.

"Women throw themselves at your feet when you become a celebrity. David and Russell became dependent upon it to relax after their busy jobs."

I cant see the attraction in Bland he is a terrible comedian

• Advertisement

David Duchovny has left rehab after “successfully” completing a program for sex addiction. The actor’s lawyer, Stanton Stein, told Reuters: "He is out and will very soon begin work on his new movie." The 48-year-old is set to star alongside Demi Moore in comedy drama The Joneses next year. Duchovny, who is married the actress Tea Leoni, entered the facility voluntarily in August. SOURCE: BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

JP Liz wrote: »
    Maybe its research for his role in Californication :p
    gcgirl wrote: »
    i was thinking the same as research for his part as Hank !
    entered the facility voluntarily in August. SOURCE: BBC

Indeed, he entered the facility a couple of weeks before the first airing of Season 2 in the US. Uncanny timing. Some cynics might even say it was a PR stunt. Of course, I don't doubt the veracity of the poor man's problems for a second. Not me, oh no. I won't doubt you David... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I've been goin' to sexual rehab for years.
    It's a great place to score with the ladies.

And I keep falling off the wagon.

So, now, I've stopped having sex on wagons.

Ugh, is that day job ya had still there for ya?? :rolleyes:

David Duchovny and his wife Téa Leoni have brought their 11-year marriage to an end.

In a statement released to People, representatives of the acting couple said they have been split for some time.

"In light of continuous speculation over the lives and marriage of Téa Leoni and David Duchovny, the couple has confirmed that they have in fact been separated for several months.

"The couple had hoped to keep this separation private for the sake of their children," it read.

Duchovny, 48, recently admitted himself to a rehabilitation centre seeking help for sex addiction. He returned home last week, having completed the treatment.

The X-Files actor married Leoni in 1997 and they have two children. He is due to star along with Demi Moore and Amber Heard in the comedy-drama The Joneses .

She is now going to be in his ex files

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I reckon she's not puttign put anymore! guy has a problem she needs to help him!!

Rumours are circulating that Tea Leoni got close to fellow actor Billy Bob Thornton

While Tea Leoni was letting Billy Bob Thornton become her "new favourite person in the world", her husband was banging his Hungarian tennis coach.
    28-year-old Edit Pakay, who dispenses "private" tutorials for $100, said of her relationship with the 48-year-old midlife crisis case: "David and I are very close friends and we still play tennis together. He's an excellent player. He likes physically strong, fit women (with teeth)... I don't want to say anything that might hurt David. I am not going to deny (the affair claims). I don't know what our relationship means to him (he pays you a hundred bucks an hour, love, enough said)... I wasn't instantly attracted to him. What is great about David is his intelligence and kindness. He is the sort of person you get to like more the more you know him."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Rumours are circulating that Tea Leoni got close to fellow actor Billy Bob Thornton
    While Tea Leoni was letting Billy Bob Thornton become her...
    Hey JP Liz, have you got any source for this? Where did you get this info? What do you think of it all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Claire1980

Never would of thought of him as a sex addict, did he really cheat on his wife? I love him in Californication but his resent Xfiles movie was a bit of a let down. I think that series should def have been left in the 90's where it belongs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement