Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 Passat Comfortline Electrical Question

Options
  • 29-08-2008 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭

Morning all,

I've been thinking about retrofitting (preferably original VW) front foglights to my 2006 Comfortline spec Passat. Rang a breakers yard for a quote on the parts (lights themselves, grilles and the dash switch) and they reckoned about €3/400.

He also reckoned the car should be prewired for this. Can anyone confirm both the quote and the wiring? Any recommendations (if I got the parts) on where to go for installation?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I heard the front fog lights cannot be retro fitted to the current B6 Passat, not sure how true this. Best thing to do is ring a dealer and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

yeah I heard same but I only heard, I did also hear that this was an expensive job, because of the wiring loom. I'm afraid you will have to call the dealer and ask them out straight. If the dealer can do it, then maybe someone who knows the wiring loom of a B6 passat (mobile phone installer, alarm installer etc.) could help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hella do a foglight kit that doesn't interfere with the cars wiring loom. had one fitted to a Mk5 Golf before.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Cheers for the replies lads..

Colm: Can you remember how much that kit cost? Where'd you get it done?

Advertisement