Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Symbian phones

• 29-08-2008 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Upgraded from my old Nokia 6680 to a 6120 classic recently, nice phone but it's a little small for a symbian phone - miss that slightly chunky feel to be honest. Also, disappointingly, the 'flash' isn't really a flash as it is just a bright light like the cheaper Sony Ericsson phones, so where my 6680 took excellent night time shots - which i do a lot - the 6120 is quite rubbish and grainy. Quite disappointing but not much I can do now, teaches me not to assume. Anything, I'm looking at the N73 now, would it be safe to assume that that phone has a true flash? Only upgraded from the 6680 because I wanted more then 1.3mp....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I think the flashes go
    Xenon >> Dual LED >> LED
    with Xenon being the best.
    Only a few of the Nokias have the Xenon, even of the newest line.
    The 6220 classic and N82 have Xenon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well it's not really about the actual flash I guess, just what constitutes that flash! as the 6120 doesn't really have a flash - basically I'm just looking for a Symbian device that definitely uses the traditional flash approach (sudden flash at moment of picture) instead of the bright light, which I don't really count as a flash as it's quite poor for night time shots....

By the way, aside from the flash I quite like the 6120, it's not all doom and gloom or anything. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Septico

Symbian is definitely what people should be looking for. I agree that the lack of a proper flash is pretty bad..

but if you know any programming (Python being the easiest to use on symbian) You can come up with some pretty cool and useful apps on symbian phones easily.

forum.nokia.com has some pretty cool examples and tutorials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well got the n73 and much happier with this one, however, it's still not remotely as well laid out as the 6680, harder to text on the small, slightly indented keypad which is something I do a lot - serious emphasis on the lot! Is there any modern symbian phone that has the same easy layout as the 6600/6680?

Advertisement