Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N82 - who has it?

• 29-08-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of switching from my iPhone (non-3G) to the N82. From what I've read it's a great phone with everything you could want. I'm mainly after the camera, GPS and 3G features (aswell as everything else the iPhone doesn't have, like bluetooth file transfer etc.).

Am I crazy? Does anyone here have the N82? I admit I'm reluctant to let go of the iPhone but I'm itching for a change...

Edit: I have the SE K800i which was great (+great camera) but the operating system was slow and I put it aside after I got the iPhone. How different is the N82 really to the K800i?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I'm waiting for one from eBay as I post.
    Had a quick play with one in a shop on Talbot Street, to me it has a horrible keyboard but it won't be my main phone so it doesn't worry me.
    Camera, video, Xenon flash, and WiFi were the clinchers for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Just a quick note. Loading Garmin XT onto the N82 doesnt seem to work at the moment. See link from another forum..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055356457

Other than that I would have gone for the N82.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,131 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

er that must be old info garmin xt works fine on it with the internal gps

its a much better phone than the iphone

nokias best by far at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

I have the N82 and it's a fantastic phone. It gives practically the same functionality as the N95 in a neater form factor. Also, I haven't had any problems using the keypad - it looks as if it might be difficult to use on the dummy phones that are on display in the shops but it's fine in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭opus

Have one on the way at the moment, should be getting it early next week. Wifi & the GPS were the two main things that swung it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

I've been playing around with it for the last few days, best phone I've had by a long way. Only disappointment is that Nokia want you to pay them an annual fee to get routes from the built in GPS.

Think somebody here posted that you can install a version of the Garmin s/w which doesn't demand a fee so I might check that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Elessar wrote: »
    Edit: I have the SE K800i which was great (+great camera) but the operating system was slow and I put it aside after I got the iPhone. How different is the N82 really to the K800i?

Ah it's not really fair to compare it to the K800i because of the functionality differential.

It has the best camera I've used and for video it eats the K800i.

I'm finding that the keyboard's actually less annoying than, say, my first few days with an N70.

It's not lightning quick OS wise but it's no slouch either.

The GPS is great fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

long_b wrote: »
    The GPS is great fun :)
    Agreed.

I had great fun too when my e51 bluetooth gps arrived :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I have garmin on my N73, works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Totally kick ass phone, the iphone is just a weak sibling compared to this.

here is a picture I took, I would imagine the results would be similar in pitch black , the flash is so good...

FYI I connected the N82 to the PC this evening to put some music on it & PC Suite told me there was new firmware & proceeded to install V30 to the phone.

Advertisement