Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus route 67X Maynooth to City Centre

• 29-08-2008 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Has anyone found out weather Dublin bus are going to put on more buses now that Circle Line has gone and the schools are back?
    The 67X in the morning & evenings are now jammed and will definitely end in someone getting hurt as people have to stand often the whole way into town?

I still don't get why the 67A has to go via lucan, lucan is also serviced by the 66 and 25 it's a joke.

Any thoughts?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Has anyone found out weather Dublin bus are going to put on more buses now that Circle Line has gone and the schools are back?
    The 67X in the morning & evenings are now jammed and will definitely end in someone getting hurt as people have to stand often the whole way into town?

I still don't get why the 67A has to go via lucan, lucan is also serviced by the 66 and 25 it's a joke.

Any thoughts?:confused:
    I agree that the 67/a should bypass Lucan, however perhaps Dublin bus should carry out a survey first to see how may people disembark at Lucan from Celbridge, there might be commuters who find it necessary to go to Lucan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 killerqueen

I totally agree with your point vektarman it would be at least a start in sorting out this major problem for commuters

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

vektarman wrote: »
    I agree that the 67/a should bypass Lucan, however perhaps Dublin bus should carry out a survey first to see how may people disembark at Lucan from Celbridge, there might be commuters who find it necessary to go to Lucan.

I would say thats low. I cant remember one person ever getting off in lucan early in the morning.

Lucan has a lot of bus services but maybe not enough and thats why its stops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Pfft the 66 shouldn't be serving Lucan either. More 25's/A's are the solution, not let's ruin the commuting lives of everyone in the surrounding towns. Especially the fact that it's eternally being dug up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Pfft the 66 shouldn't be serving Lucan either. More 25's/A's are the solution, not let's ruin the commuting lives of everyone in the surrounding towns. Especially the fact that it's eternally being dug up.

I think that there has to be a mix here.

There is local traffic from both Maynooth and Celbridge to Lucan and v.v. to be catered for also, which is reasonable in number.

There needs to be a comprehensive review of the entire corridor, and now that Circle Line are no more this may finally take place. However, I would caution that unfortunately once the Department are involved this may take some time.

In the meantime some of the larger capacity tri-axle buses are now operating on the Lucan QBC which should alleviate some of the overloading problems.

• Advertisement

how am i supposed to go maynooth to lucan if it didnt serve lucan?
    maynooth has a rail line to get to town!!
    what happened the circle line :O

Yeah should be WAY more busses going from Maynooth to town and express ones at that! Was waiting for a bus the other day and missed one by 5 mins and the next one was an hour wait WTF!

kearnsr wrote: »
    I would say thats low. I cant remember one person ever getting off in lucan early in the morning.

Thats a good point very few (people )go maynooth to lucan in the morning, maybe expresses all the way avoiding lucan and even leixlip and give leixlip the same deal

have the small busses for the local traffic then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

kearnsr wrote: »

The village has the 25, 66, 66A, 67 and 67A - none of them are particularly frequent and have the habit of all arriving in the village within a 15 minute window - then no buses for another hour. A little bit of thought into the scheduling might be a help.

However, there never really is much of a demand for buses in Lucan during the day. The 25A is much busier but it serves the more densely populated area of "new Lucan"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Heroditas wrote: »
    The village has the 25, 66, 66A, 67 and 67A - none of them are particularly frequent and have the habit of all arriving in the village within a 15 minute window - then no buses for another hour. A little bit of thought into the scheduling might be a help.

However, there never really is much of a demand for buses in Lucan during the day. The 25A is much busier but it serves the more densely populated area of "new Lucan"

and the 66b and 66d.

Off those buses all but once start outside lucan and can be have a lot of people on them before they even get to lucan.

Personally I think that an express service is needed for lucan celbridge and leixlip

Advertisement