Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

You thought some people were anal about detailing their cars?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Oh. My. God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

lmao

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

bet she goes like a rocket........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

It is no weirder than detailing a 316i!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Those Dysons cost so much its worth the effort, a nice tidy example will fetch more on the open market esp in the current climate.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone else see the same guys, vxrmarc, thread on the 3 month detail of a brand new Nurburgring Edition Astra?

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=81391

I still can't decide what I make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Someone forgot to tell him its just an Astra........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I just spent 4 hours this morning detailing my Smeg fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'm still reading about that guys astra. He put on 51 coats of polish over a 3 week period. Hes totally obessed with detail too, and got someone to fabricate new covers (battery box, rocker cover, etc.) for various parts and then chromed them :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Hal1 wrote: »
    I'm still reading about that guys astra. He put on 51 coats of polish over a 3 week period. Hes totally obessed with detail too, and got someone to fabricate new covers (battery box, rocker cover, etc.) for various parts and then chromed them :eek:

I bet he ain't got any stone chips thou....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭cml387

Borderline Asperger's Syndrom

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Course he hasn't....he hasn't had any F***ing time to take the car out of the garage....it probably got dusty after 24 hours and had to be started from scratch:rolleyes:

I like my car to be shiny, but FFS, a polish, wax and handwash once a fortnight would put any car light years ahead of most others on the road.

I can understand what he means about the swirl scratches on a **new** car though.

There's a company in Navan that'll put on that paint stone chip protector stuff for you though IIRC.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

No - worse...
    "Now i then spotted a problem on the roof which i was really unhappy about...A small paint blob about half a mm in size but none the less its there probably a spit from the spray gun"

100.jpg

It was nice of him to point out to us where this blob is! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I said earlier that I couldn't make up my mind about the whole affair but that picture with the half mil spit from the spray gun clarified things for me.

Sheer and utter lunacy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Weird, but thanks for bringing some levety to the motors forum. It's been a bit lacking lately.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

bigkev49 wrote: »
    I said earlier that I couldn't make up my mind about the whole affair but that picture with the half mil spit from the spray gun clarified things for me.

Sheer and utter lunacy!!

I would say this is more of a hobby for that guy with the astra, showing the amount of work, time and dedication he has put in. I don't see how it could be different from any other hobby, people can over do things that they are enthuasiastic about. It just seems that in this case his hobby has turned into an obsession.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

He could have at least bought a better car to "hobby" on...

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

That sucks ;)

Advertisement