Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rosanna Davidson to front new car programme on TV3

Options
  • 29-08-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

In todays Independant. Programme to be called 'Accelerate'. Other host will be motoring journo Neil Briscoe (fair enough).

All I can say is :confused::eek::(...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

its funny how bad the Irish media are when it comes to cars. They haven't got a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Ha ha, great choice. Wonder what she could contribute to it, nothing.

*cough*

1_MyCustom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

+ 1.Its absolutely shocking.Remember CarFile there a few years back??I never watched that sh!t on TG4 either.What a load of rubbish!!Leave it to the brits(Top Gear specifically).Rte should just try and show new top gear when it actually is new.As in on ther same night or that week or whatever

Zonda999 wrote: »
    + 1.Its absolutely shocking.Remember CarFile there a few years back??I never watched that sh!t on TG4 either.What a load of rubbish!!Leave it to the brits(Top Gear specifically).Rte should just try and show new top gear when it actually is new.As in on ther same night or that week or whatever

there was another one on about 10 years ago - drive or driven or something. it was another shocker- about as bad as the one on channel 4 at the time - also called drive or driven. I can't remember which was which.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

True, they don't have a notion alright. It'll probably be crap. Pick someone who looks good, stick them in front of the TV. Clarkson isn't popular because of his looks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

At least the presenter of Drive had an interest in cars - what the hell does RD know about cars ?

Typical - they think sticking a good looking chick with cars will make men watch .

Sounds great, I'm in ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dear God, I can see it now. The fragrant Rosanna turning up in each segment wearing and nice new outfit the supplier of which shall get a nice big credit in the end sequence.

"The new Toyota has 6 foward gears for better fuel economy and - ooh look at the fabric its a lovely colour I'm sure you'll agree" etc

Mike

she's too tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well now in fairness, Rosanna has plenty experience of racing cars.

Here's the proof!

082RosannaShaunGallagherGar.jpg

More proof!

still too tall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Maybe for you, short@rse!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Hmmmmmm

missworld2003.jpg

OR

SpeakOutJamesMaylarge.jpg

I'll take Rosanna, she'll probably drive faster and all !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Unless she's presenting it in her Birthday Suit, no one willk watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

What a big pile of fail!! Great girl but no car show presenter!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Audi Ireland supply her with cars - might have something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Didn't her boyfriend have some 'sh!t hot' Peugeot 306 in the papers a while back :D
    She probably got introduced to all the 'players' in the motor scene through him :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Look at Top Gear - I like the show, but it's a car show the way Never Mind the Buzzcocks is a pop quiz, it's just the three lads clowning around. Maybe this will be funny, in a surreal way.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

MarkN wrote: »
    Audi Ireland supply her with cars - might have something to do with it.

So itll be nice and impartial then :D
    Look at Top Gear - I like the show, but it's a car show the way Never Mind the Buzzcocks is a pop quiz

Agree totally. I love the show, but its gotten diverted from its original premise.
    Fifth Gear has better car reviews and VBH !! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hah!

Gives a new meaning to "Car crash TV".

RTE's "Drive" was pretty weak alright, but did anyone ever watch that car show on CityTV (was a cablelink/ntl channel, iirc). Now THAT was bad! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Why even bother with a car show when Top Gear exists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

beerbaron wrote: »

Agree totally. I love the show, but its gotten diverted from its original premise.
    Fifth Gear has better car reviews and VBH !! :cool:

The old ones are repeated on Dave (as i'm sure ye all know). The early shows had a good balance - more car reviews and sporty stuff as opposed to just mega exotic stuff. They even had May doing a kind of s/h car segment. It's amazing the way it's subtley changed over the seasons to become something the same - yet different....

Kinda like this... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats true about TG, it happened while we were watching too!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Top Gear was completely different abotu 15 yeas ago though, wasn't it? It was simply a show where they took a few cars and literally drove it for a few hours and then critiqued it to the regular run of the mill motorist. It was very dead-pan. What I found hilarious was that Clarkson ridiculed that sort of programme a few years ago. ..... eh mate, your own show did exactly the same thing. :P

beerbaron wrote: »

Well it won't make her any less impartial than certain regulars of this forum!:D;)

Didn't she claim she was married to her father in a past life? (SERIOUSLY!:eek::o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

"Last edited by peasant; Today at 13:00. Reason: Mike, you should know better"

Oh ffs, is this what we've come to in this forum - we have to see whether net nanny peasant approves or not? I don't see unkel or kbannon censoring people(apart from the age old rules of no pimping of car ads, no resurrecting ancient threads and no foglights threads).

There is a reason why I don't post on this forum any more(I decided I'd break my own self imposed rule just this once, to see if am I on my own on this and if I am then I humbly and unreservedly apologise for wasting your time reading this because it is a bit of a rant - just a bit:)!) - and indeed there's a reason why so many genuine enthusiasts are long since gone from here. Go figure people!

I would go on, buy what's the point when this post will probably be censored altered very quickly(since every third post has "last edited by peasant these days" - we never had that when unkel and kbannon were on their own)?

Anyhoo - because I'll be given out for going WAY off topic(God I'm coming up with more "excuses" for my post to see the word "SNIP" in it amn't I:rolleyes:?) I'd better say that Rosanna is FINE, as you'd expect when we're talking about an ex Miss World but does she actually know anything about cars?

The problem with Irish car programmes is that they're not honest because they do far too much arserear end (in case I upset anyone since being PC is the order of the day round here) licking to the car companies.

Now I'm all for them pronouncing how good car x or y is if it really is that good, but the problem is they think every car is amazing, and thus if every car is truly amazing then that means that they're all the same i.e. average.

In Top Gear as we know, they regularly and unashamedly give cars a pasting if they're not good enough(even Fifth Gear does that now, and I hate Fifth Gear), and often exaggerate things on purpose to highlight any failings in a car there might be - will we ever see an Irish car programme that will have someone doing what JC did when he had to test the Vectra OPC and where he proceeded to show us a chart as to how far he'd go to not have an Opel Vectra in his life? Based on what I've seen in the papers, I certainly don't think so, but nevertheless I would hope that it does well for its own, and indeed the Irish motoring enthusiast's sake, since with the Greens around with daft ideas like a 100 km/h speed limit on a Motorway and only 80 on a main road, we're gonna need all the help we can get.

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Didn't her boyfriend have some 'sh!t hot' Peugeot 306 in the papers a while back :D

Yes, indeed he did.There was quite a thread on it as can be seen here:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

OT ...but....welcome back, E92 !

E92 wrote: »
    "Last edited by peasant; Today at 13:00. Reason: Mike, you should know better"

Oh ffs, is this what we've come to in this forum - we have to see whether net nanny peasant approves or not? I don't see unkel or kbannon censoring people(apart from the age old rules of no pimping of car ads, no resurrecting ancient threads and no foglights threads).

There is a reason why I don't post on this forum any more(I decided I'd break my own self imposed rule just this once, to see if am I on my own on this and if I am then I humbly and unreservedly apologise for wasting your time reading this because it is a bit of a rant - just a bit:)!) - and indeed there's a reason why so many genuine enthusiasts are long since gone from here. Go figure people!

I would go on, buy what's the point when this post will probably be censored altered very quickly(since every third post has "last edited by peasant these days" - we never had that when unkel and kbannon were on their own)?

Anyhoo - because I'll be given out for going WAY off topic(God I'm coming up with more "excuses" for my post to see the word "SNIP" in it amn't I:rolleyes:?) I'd better say that Rosanna is FINE, as you'd expect when we're talking about an ex Miss World but does she actually know anything about cars?

The problem with Irish car programmes is that they're not honest because they do far too much arserear end (in case I upset anyone since being PC is the order of the day round here) licking to the car companies.

Now I'm all for them pronouncing how good car x or y is if it really is that good, but the problem is they think every car is amazing, and thus if every car is truly amazing then that means that they're all the same i.e. average.

In Top Gear as we know, they regularly and unashamedly give cars a pasting if they're not good enough(even Fifth Gear does that now, and I hate Fifth Gear), and often exaggerate things on purpose to highlight any failings in a car there might be - will we ever see an Irish car programme that will have someone doing what JC did when he had to test the Vectra OPC and where he proceeded to show us a chart as to how far he'd go to not have an Opel Vectra in his life? Based on what I've seen in the papers, I certainly don't think so, but nevertheless I would hope that it does well for its own, and indeed the Irish motoring enthusiast's sake, since with the Greens around with daft ideas like a 100 km/h speed limit on a Motorway and only 80 on a main road, we're gonna need all the help we can get.

I have to agree. There is a puritatical slant to things around here these days and the old heated debates are rather...eh...tepid. I'm much more mindful of not saying anything contentious lately. I'm sure peasant would see that as a 'GOOD THING' but frankly it's BORING around here.

The casual surfer who comes on looking for advice on replacing the suspension on his Corolla (or whatever) has overtaken the 'regulars'. I'm all for it being a completely open forum and welcome these people seeking advice but it seems to me that very recently they take up the majority of threads.

The forum has deteriorated in my view. E92, I know you have a bone to pick with peasant. I'm not sure he's wholly responsible but the heavy-handed moderating has definetely had some effect. Certainly I think you were treated shabbily and your encylopedic knowlege and well researched postings are a HUGE loss...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I missed E92 and Peasant's falling out, but there are a lot more modedits and warnings flying around these days....some really not necessary, whilst others are.

We're all big boys here and if someone slags me I'm man enough to slag him back:P , but it doesn't mean whole threads should be closed or (in the case of this on on this issue); derailed.

• Advertisement

pburns wrote: »
    Certainly I think you were treated shabbily and your encylopedic knowlege and well researched postings are a HUGE loss...

+ 1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement