Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

File not showing in Open Files

• 29-08-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I have a user on XP Sp2 accessing files through a mapped drive to a Windows 2003 Server. The user has an excel file open and it isnt listed in the Open Files on the server. Any one any ideas why this might be? If I try to open the same Excel file, I get the message saying it open already.

I am trying to suss out the cause of a problem I am having with this user and Excel files crashing on her all the time.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

at the command prompt on the server and workstation try
    net files

you might need to use runas administrator for command prompt on the workstation

also check taskmanager to make sure another copy of excel isn't running

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

No Net files doesnt list it and Excel isnt running twice in Task Manager.

This sometimes happens the other way around aswell. The user has the file open, closes it and it is still being listed in Open Files as being open. I have to manually close it on the server before it can be opened again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

is it a big file and taking a few seconds for the AV to scan it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

No its happening to various Excel files, none of them are any bigger than 512Kb. Ive even removed anti-virus software from the client machine previously but still had the same problems.

Advertisement