Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I have to do a test ?!

• 29-08-2008 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I've a full licence that covers me for A1, so 125cc <= 11kw

Question is, can I get a bigger then 125cc but restricted to 11kW or do I have to go throught the whole provisional licence crack again, and do a test.

I'm more into having a bike for the experience of riding a bike, and not too worried about the power thing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

To go higher cc yes you have to get an A provisional and take another test. Its like moving from a bike to a car or a car to a truck. Same principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Thanks, shame about that but I suppose the law is the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nc13

Hi WillieDh, you can get a bigger cc bike and get it restricted to 11Kw without doing another test, but if you get too big a bike it can damage it.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

nc13 wrote: »
    Hi WillieDh, you can get a bigger cc bike and get it restricted to 11Kw without doing another test, but if you get too big a bike it can damage it.
    Thats incorrect. The requirements for A1 are:
    Motorcycles with an engine capacity of 125cc or less, and a power rating of 11kW or less. (source, rules of the road)

The test isn't actually that hard. Get a few lessons and you'll pass it no bother. Then you just wait two years and can ride whatever you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement