Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tool!

• 29-08-2008 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Started listening to Lateralus again the other night, gotta say, its a much much better album than 10,000 days. Like i love 10,000 days, it has brilliant songs and theyre amazing and all that but it just doesnt work as an album as well as lateralus! Thats just my opinion anyway!

Whats yours?

Which is the best tool album! 46 votes

Opiate
    0% 0 votes
    Undertow
    0% 0 votes
    Aenima
    8% 4 votes
    Lateralus
    32% 15 votes
    10,000 days
    58% 27 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Hi all,

Started listening to Lateralus again the other night, gotta say, its a much much better album than 10,000 days. Like i love 10,000 days, it has brilliant songs and theyre amazing and all that but it just doesnt work as an album as well as lateralus! Thats just my opinion anyway!

Whats yours?

^ Listen to AEnima. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Oh i know, brilliant as well! So are they all. Just sayin that lateralus works better than 10,000 days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Only album I have is 10,000 days and I hate it, its one of the worst albums I own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Honestly i'm not sure which album i like best. Guess i'll have to listen to em all again to see before i vote :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Only album I have is 10,000 days and I hate it, its one of the worst albums I own

now now now! Thats not nice. Guess i shouldve put the option "None" in the poll too! oh well, hard to please everyone.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Nearly every track Tool has produced is magic, but I have to put Lateralus forward as my absolute favourite. Nothing can top it. It's as close to a religious experience as a man can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

The only two albums I know are the last two and of them Lateralus is the best but 10,000 days was pretty good as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I absolutely love Aenima. It's one of my favourite albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Laterlus does it for me, its such a complete album imo. Although AEnima and 10000 days are always worth a mention too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I actually thing Undertow is my favourite album although each album has so many stand out songs that i just couldn't do without. For purely the number of great songs it would have to be AEnima but considering that album has sooo many tracks i think my original choice stands. It really is an incredibly hard choice.

Some of my favourites from each Album.
    Undertow
    4 Degrees
    Undertow

AEnima
    AEnema
    Eulogy
    Jimmy

Lateralus
    Parabol/a
    Schism

Salival
    No Quarter

10,000 days
    Wings of Marie (1&2)
    Vicarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

now now now! Thats not nice. Guess i shouldve put the option "None" in the poll too! oh well, hard to please everyone.... :)

Impossible to id say. Dont worry, I wasnt trying to start an argument, just stating my opinion:D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

had to vote aenima. i mean just absolutly amazing. 46&2, hooker... jimmy. classics..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Undertow for me.
    Sober was the first ever track I heard from Tool way way back, and what an introduction.
    Love everything about that track, the bass, the vocals, the lyrics, just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Undertow for me.
    Sober was the first ever track I heard from Tool way way back, and what an introduction.
    Love everything about that track, the bass, the vocals, the lyrics, just brilliant.

Have to agree with the above, and what an amazing video, back in the days when nothing too strange had been tried and tested it was pretty unusual and quite special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I voted for Lateralus only because I've been listening to Ticks and Leeches a lot lately, to be honest I don't really know which I prefer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Lateralus, but aenima is a very VERY close second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

God i hate this bunch of whiny fcuk dogs.Some weird videos does not a good band make.MJK is a bigger pussy than Micheal Stipe.

All IMHO of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

nedtheshed wrote: »
    God i hate this bunch of whiny fcuk dogs.Some weird videos does not a good band make.MJK is a bigger pussy than Micheal Stipe.

True, videos aren't the key but having great muscians in the band is a good start.

Like others, I think Lateralus is the best album track for track. Aenima and 10000 days both have some great songs (Eulogy, Forty Six & 2 Stinkfist, Jambi, Rosetta Stoned) but neither are as consistant as Lateralus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I got 10,000 Days and I absoulutely despised it and have since gone off Tool completely because of that album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Favourite has to be Ænima, but love Lateralus as well!! I like 10,000 days too, dunno why so many people hate it?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Undertow is my favourite out of all of them. Better songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I like all their albums, my order of preference would be :

Lateralus
    Aenima
    10,000 days
    Undertow
    Opiate

I don't see why so many people dislike 10,000 Days, the Wings song take a while to get into but are pretty amazing, but songs like Jambi and Vicarious are great from the first play.
    Seeing Wings Pt. 2 played live was incredible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

10,000 days has to be one of the biggest letdowns of recent years.
    Sub a perfect circle nonsense I reckon.

Lateralus is my pick for their best album.

Saw them live twice on the strength of lateralus, at Ozzfest and in the Point.
    And they were absolutely BORING live.
    Great musicians but no charisma from MJK who has to be one of the most hateable frontmen in music.
    I will be awaiting their new releases with interest, but I refuse to buy into their intellectual ****e any longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Ahh 10,000 days is deadly, its just at first listen it sounds very samey to Lateralus and you'd think you heard it 10,000 times even though its new. It grows though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

after lateralus, what can you do? i think a lot of people dont like 10k days because they dont think its an advancement. its a step to the side rather than a step up. i disagree, it may be a sidestep, but every song is brilliant in its own way. (and rosetta is one of the best things they've done...and such a pisstake)

i've listened to tool so much i can almost hear the dominant members on each album (from aenima onwards)

aenima: adam/danny
    lateralus: maynard/danny/justin
    10k: adam(perhaps to the albums detriment)/maynard....and to a lesser extent justin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

nedtheshed wrote: »

All IMHO of course.

Agreed about videos but luckily Tool have a bunch of fantastic albums that more than live up to their reputation. Some of their fans however...

Aenima got my vote but really they've all got lovely bottoms. 10,000 Days is a great album (aside from the talking part on Lost Keys, the instrumental live version is much better) and I can't understand the hate above for it.

Advertisement