Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scary!!!!

Options
  • 29-08-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Last year i nicely tucked up in bed having a great sleep when i woke up and saw a guy standing next to the side of the bed. (I was in the flat on my own and hadn't been drinking the night before!!) The guy had a real nasty feeling about him and somehow i knew he wasn't "real" but could hurt me. He was wearing a red baseball cap and when he saw that i was watching him he moved very slowly to the end of my bed. I started screaming at him to F**k off and get the hell out of my flat. He got to the end of my bed and then climbed onto the bed so he was on all fours and coming up to the top of the bed to get me. At this point i was really screaming and trying to kick him and punch him. None of this was deterring him in anyway and i had a horrible feeling that he was going to rape me. I didnt know what else to do so i reached over and put my bedside lamp on and he disappeared. I was crying my eyes out and was terrified and i slept with the light on for months and months after that. Since then i've seen him twice more. One of those times was when i was having a nap on the sofa and i woke up and saw him climbing over onto the balcony. I told myself that it wasnt happening and kinda shook myself and he disappeared. The other time i saw him was again after waking up and i just saw his legs hanging through my bedroom ceiling!!

I've seen a few ghosts before but they have never given me a sense of unease. This guy just freaks me out totally.

Anyway, theres my story!! I sound like a bit of a freak!! Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Are you on any prescribed medicines? If so, you may want to confer with your GP? Just a thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fi500

Haha!! No im not on any medicines and i dont do drugs...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Sounds like sleep hallucinations. I used to get them something fierce in my old house (which I thought was haunted) and I used to think ghosts were attacking me, and spikes and maces were coming at me, snakes/ spiders in the bed, things were trying to choke me and I could "see" things so clearly, and I was awake like eyes open and was moving, but still be asleep.

I would fight back, shout, throw my duvet or pillow, even jump out of bed onto my roomies bed. Then snap out of it once I'd came to and realise I was being mental and be confused and not remember it. I often woke up and things had been thrown across the room that I had no recollection of. I used to wake my boyfriend up and form non coherent sentences and point at what I could "see".

I realised I had to stop disturbing people, so whenever I'm about to wake someone I make an effort to snap out of it and let it pass. I've pretty much grown out of it now. As a kid I used to sleep talk and I have sleep walked on occasion.

It's common enough. Here's some info on it. Sleep Hallucinations night terrors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fi500

Thanks for that Lil Kitten! I don't feel like such a freak now!!! :D

Interesting that the link for sleep hallucinations should mention migraines because i also suffer from them but have never linked the 2 before.

I also sleep talk sometimes and have been known to sleep walk as well! I think i'm more active in my sleep than i am when im awake!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

No problem! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement