Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone up for weekday spins?

Options
  • 29-08-2008 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, I'm a student in Dublin and just recently discovered the cycling forum on boards. I also work weekends, which can to a degree curtail my ability to join the weekend spins. Is anyone else here up for instituting weekday trips?

I'll be awayo in Mayo (without bike) for the next week but I'd like to hear from anyone for spins after that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

welcome to the area.

There have been a few mid-week spins - keep an eye out for threads as there's usually no more than a day or two's notice. often less. routes vary between a flat two or three county tour around kildare and meath starting at the pope's cross in the phoenix park, or alternatively, a hilly one usually out to enniskerry an onwards often starting in dundrum, though it depends who's going.

it's a very relaxed and somewhat chaotic group ride, so you don't need to be super fast or anything... give it a go.

there's no rules agaisnt starting your own thread either. if you fancy a spin and want some company if you start a thread therre is a reasonable chance someone here will jump on your bandwagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

yeah but don't forget the evenings are closing in. methinks from now on midweek spins will be during lunchtime affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

niceonetom wrote:
    It's a very relaxed and somewhat chaotic group ride, so you don't need to be super fast or anything... give it a go

That's a releif.. I wouldn't mind joining one of these eventually, live right beside Dundrum! Just don't know if my hill climbing ability (i.e. breathing) is up to the task without slowing everyone down! I'll have a few solo spins up as far as I can go, haven't been up on the racer yet, always heavy MTB, so I'll see how I get on..

Weekday spins could suit me aswell, I'll see what my new timetable's gonna be like!

Advertisement