Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Pro Wrestling Fantasy League Resurrection Thread

• 29-08-2008 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

As promised, here is the new Boards Fantasy League.

The rules are pretty simple, you pick your roster based on your budget (€40 million) and each wrestler is given points for his/her actions on TV and PPVs.

We will begin the week starting the 8th of September and run for 12 weeks, culminating at Survivor Series.

Points will be distributed as follows:
    TV appearance.............5 points
    TV match - win............10 points
    TV match - loss............-5 points
    TV match - draw...........3 points
    PPV appearance............10 points
    PPV match - win............15 points
    PPV match - loss...........-10 points
    PPV match - draw...........5 points
    Title match - win............15 points
    Title match - loss...........-10 points
    Title match - draw...........5 points
    Wellness Policy failure......-30 points
    Main event match bonus....5 points
    Speciality match bonus......5 points

Sample scoring: If a superstar is interviewed in the opening segment and then wins a match later in the match, he/she will score 18 points, 8 for the appearance and 10 for the TV match win. If he/she lost the match, they will score 3 points, 8 points for the appearance and -5 for the loss. A superstar or diva can only get appearance points once per show, but can be awarded match points multiple times.

To keep things simple for me, I suggest we keep this open to just 15 people for the first time. Depending on demand, I may expand it to 20 people. First refusal goes to previous WWE Fantasy Champions, who I believe are Vince, Fozzy and triple h. Apologies if I forgot anyone.

The deadline for roster changes each week will be Monday at 9PM (Irish time). The first deadline is Monday, September 8th at 9PM.

I'll post up the superstar/divas price list in a few mins. I think I've covered everything, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

$5,000,000 Superstars
    Batista
    Chris Jericho
    Kane
    John "Bradshaw" Layfield
    Shawn Michaels
    Big Show
    Edge
    The Great Khali
    Triple H
    The Undertaker
    Randy Orton
    John Cena

$4,000,000 Superstars
    Rey Mysterio
    Jeff Hardy
    CM Punk
    Montel Vontavious Porter
    Mr. Kennedy

$3,500,000 Superstars
    Santino Marella
    William Regal
    Mark Henry
    Finlay
    Umaga
    The Miz
    John Morrison
    R-Truth

$3,000,000 Superstars
    Lance Cade
    Ted DiBiase
    Shad Gaspard
    JTG
    Kofi Kingston
    Cody Rhodes
    Carlito
    Festus
    Curt Hawkins
    The Brian Kendrick
    Zack Ryder
    Matt Hardy
    Mike Knox
    The Boogeyman
    Gregory Helms
    Manu

$2,500,000 Superstars
    D-Lo Brown
    Paul Burchill
    Charlie Haas
    Paul London
    Jamie Noble
    Snitsky
    Shelton Benjamin
    Funaki
    Vladimir Kozlov
    Super Crazy
    Elijah Burke
    Tommy Dreamer
    Chavo Guerrero
    Val Venis
    Hardcore Holly

$2,000,000 Superstars
    Primo Colon
    Ryan Braddock
    Kenny Dykstra
    Scotty Goldman
    Jesse
    Jimmy Wang Yang
    Evan Bourne
    Armando Estrada
    Hornswoggle
    Bam Neely
    Ricky Ortiz
    DH Smith
    Chuck Palumbo
    Deuce
    Mickie James
    Kelly Kelly
    Beth Phoenix
    Maria
    Melina
    Candice Michelle
    Katie Lea Burchill

$1,500,000 Superstars
    "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
    Gavin Spears
    Ezekiel Jackson
    Jillian Hall
    Maryse
    Michelle McCool
    Natalya
    Victoria
    Layla El
    Brie Bella

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Sounds like a plan Minto,is there a set limit on the amount of Superstars we can pick or just use all the 40 mill?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

This sounds awesome. I so want in on this.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Sounds deadly mate, I am definitly in. Just a question, I am not doing it now but, do you want us to post our roster on here or PM them to you?

Sounds like a plan Minto,is there a set limit on the amount of Superstars we can pick or just use all the 40 mill?

You can pick as many or as few superstars as you can get for your 40 mil!

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Sounds deadly mate, I am definitly in. Just a question, I am not doing it now but, do you want us to post our roster on here or PM them to you?

I hadn't really thought about it tbh. Good point tho. I suppose PMing them to me would keep everybodies rosters secret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Im in:

PMing the roster is the best idea and then when it goes past the deadline (or when everyone is in) post them.

Will i PM you now?

Im in:

PMing the roster is the best idea and then when it goes past the deadline (or when everyone is in) post them.

Will i PM you now?

I'd wait until the day of the deadline tbh, cos there is still a week and a bit to go, so a lot could change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sounds like good fun. Count me in too. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Can I put my name in for this?

(if I can, then I am!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

uh, what cactus col said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Can i sign up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Yep. I'll have a go at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm in, but will that scoring system work ok? I haven't really thought about it, it's just that I think the way WWE.com did it was have say 3 points just for being in a match and then 5 points if you win it, with no deduction if you lose, unless it's a DQ. I just think that we could be seeing people ending up with negative scores

I think they gave more points for a title win than a title retain too, that makes sense to me. Rather than just making the safe choice of choosing a champion you've got to decide whether to risk picking the challenger as you'll get more points

I'll try find the scores they used to see what people think

EDIT:

* RAW/SmackDown! Appearance (+3)
    * RAW/SmackDown! Match (+5)
    * RAW/SmackDown! Win (+7)
    * Pay Per View Appearance (+5)
    * Pay Per View Match (+8)
    * Pay Per View Win (+12)
    * All Shows: Win a Title (+20)
    * All Shows: Retain a Title (+8)
    * All Shows: Participation in a Specialty Match (+3)
    * All Shows: Winning a Specialty Match (+5)
    * All Shows: Eliminating an opponent (+2)
    * All Shows: Executed/locked-in finishing move (+1)
    * All Shows: Finishing Move victory (+4)
    * All Shows: Finishing Move Escape (+3)
    * All Shows: Foreign Object Shot (+3)
    * All Shows: Final Match (+3)
    * All Shows: Disqualification (-4)
    * All Shows: Suspension (-10)

Of those, we could eliminate:

* All Shows: Eliminating an opponent (+2)
    * All Shows: Executed/locked-in finishing move (+1)
    * All Shows: Finishing Move victory (+4)
    * All Shows: Finishing Move Escape (+3)
    * All Shows: Foreign Object Shot (+3)

Because you'd have to watch the whole shows to count all of that up

Nothing against Minto, I'm just not sure about the negative scoring! And I thought that WWE.com's scoring was fair enough at the time, I never really had any complaints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

I'd love to give this a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

great idea i'm in

If Minto needs help with scoring, I'd have no problem totting up what each wrestler scored for the 3 shows on a weekly basis (by Saturday of each week). Someone else could then go through the particular teams scores. I've a new job from Monday so I couldn't commit to doing more than that.

However, I would only do it if I was able to do it by reading net reports. There's no way I'm watching all 3 shows on a week to week basis. So that would mean the scoring system would ideally be simplified (e.g not quite as complicated as the WWE one).

In saying that if someone was willing to go through each show using the WWE scoring system, that's fair enough. I'll just concentrate on my team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If Minto needs help with scoring, I'd have no problem totting up what each wrestler scored for the 3 shows on a weekly basis (by Saturday of each week). Someone else could then go through the particular teams scores. I've a new job from Monday so I couldn't commit to doing more than that.

However, I would only do it if I was able to do it by reading net reports. There's no way I'm watching all 3 shows on a week to week basis. So that would mean the scoring system would ideally be simplified (e.g not quite as complicated as the WWE one).

In saying that if someone was willing to go through each show using the WWE scoring system, that's fair enough. I'll just concentrate on my team!

Most of the WWE.com scoring system can be used without watching the shows and just reading reports. If we used their one this would be it:

* Pay Per View Win (+12)

Again, the only reason that I'm suggesting this one is because it's tried and tested, and I'm not sure that the possibility of people having negative scores is a good idea. Whatever people think though

Fozzy wrote: »
    Most of the WWE.com scoring system can be used without watching the shows and just reading reports. If we used their one this would be it:

* Pay Per View Win (+12)

Again, the only reason that I'm suggesting this one is because it's tried and tested, and I'm not sure that the possibility of people having negative scores is a good idea. Whatever people think though

I would be against the negative scores. The only thing that concerned me about the WWE one were the points for finishing moves, finishing move escapes, foreign object shots etc....

The above one looks fine.

Can I be in too?

I've never done a fantasy rasslin' thing before, but i've heard they can be quite fun. Although it all seems very confusing. I'll have to re-read everything a few times to get the idea in my head of whats going on.

So yeah.. can i pway puhweeze?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Think this is a great idea.
    My only concerns are:

Timeframe: When does it end? I suggest May. It's the end of the football season and It won't interfere with summer holidays. I think 12months would be far too long. Maybe there's a better timeframe, just a suggestion.

Scoring: It's going to be a nightmare. Can't see how someone is going to continually do this for a long period consistently. Is there a scoring system from outside we could use just to score ourselves?

Transfers: Can you change superstars if one gets injured/you feel you'd rather have someone else. A football one I use allows this at a price. We could adapt that system. For example changing a 5M wrestler would cost you say 10points, a 4m one say 8pts etc. But the player must be of equal or lesser value.

Can I also suggest a 'wild card'? Essentially whoever your wildcard is scores double. Everyone has one on their roster. It works with negative scores too. So if you're WC was HHH and he had a dreadful night pulling in a score of say -3, that'd be doubled to -6.

Lemme know what ye think.

EDIT: If there's spaces left, I'd love to join!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'll give this a lash for the craic.

Stupid question here, but anyway, what happens after we pick our wrestlers?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Count me in aswell :)

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Think this is a great idea.
    My only concerns are:

Timeframe: When does it end? I suggest May. It's the end of the football season and It won't interfere with summer holidays. I think 12months would be far too long. Maybe there's a better timeframe, just a suggestion.

I believe he said 12 weeks. So its all over for the Survivor Series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Count me in aswell :)
    On your own this time i trust.;)

Stupid question here, but anyway, what happens after we pick our wrestlers?:confused:

You are given a wrestler at random. A draw is made and we then have shoot fights in car parks all around Ireland to determine a winner.

Here's a pic of me:

kimbo_slice.jpg

Seriously, you just pick your team, based on a scoring system that's still to be completely finalised. The team with the most points over a period of time (say 12 weeks) wins.

flahavaj wrote: »

But of course, my dog would give me some advice, but I suppose that's just barking mad now isn't it :p

You are given a wrestler at random. A draw is made and we then have shoot fights in car parks all around Ireland to determine a winner.

Here's a pic of me:

kimbo_slice.jpg

That was hilarious! :D

• Advertisement

But of course, my dog would give me some advice, but I suppose that's just barking mad now isn't it :p

I'd appreciate it if you didn't refer to my podcast partner as a dog!

Jesus, I got a few things to reply to!

Firstly, wildcards seem like a good idea to me, but I think it should be randomly chosen. Anyone else like them?

Next, transfers are not needed IMO, as every week you can if you wish submit a totally new roster.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear before, but the league will run for 12 weeks, starting the week of the 8th of September until Survivor Series.

I looked at the old WWE scoring system before I made my own and I just wanted a simple one that I could just read a report from a show and score the wrestlers on that. I suppose I could add "Speciality match bonus" and "Main event match bonus" to it. Other than that, I think it'd make things to complicated for me.

As for negative scoring, I think it introduces an element of risk into the mix.

Also, unless there are any objections, I intend on entering too! All scores will be posted and hopefully any discrepancies can be easily rectified that way.

Wildcards seem like a good idea to me.:)

So will wildcards be people that arent on that list of wrestlers, or someone random off that one?

At this point i would like to point out:
    You asked: Will i win the Boards.ie Pro Wrestling Fantasy League??
    The Oracle replied: You will if you can.

And i can so i will!!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

If there is still room here i'll give it a shot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

yap i am in too for this it looks like fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Minto wrote: »

Fido, your leash be too long! :P
    VR!

flahavaj wrote: »

That is libel pal, you'll be hearing from my solicitor! :P
    VR!

Gets more confusing everytime i come in here :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

yea count me in

• Advertisement

Right so far, I count 19 names and I'm keeping the last place for triple h, if he doesn't want it, first come, first served!

Nextly, I think instead of wildcards, we have a lottery that should work as follows:

Random draw each week, person who is drawn gets a choice of 3:
    Extra $10,000,000
    Double points on one superstar
    Immunity from negative scores for that week

Sound fair?

EDIT: Sorry furious red, I'm keeping the last place for triple h. If he doesn't want in, then his place is yours!

I wasn't refering to VR actually...it was what some might call, a joke :eek:
    That is libel pal, you'll be hearing from my solicitor! :P
    VR!

And mine too....VR, you available? :pac:

I wasn't refering to VR actually...it was what some might call, a joke :eek:

That post was what some might call a joke, but I'll forgive you since you hail from the people's republic :D:D:D

Random draw each week, person who is drawn gets a choice of 3:
    Extra $10,000,000
    Double points on one superstar
    Immunity from negative scores for that week

Ok wait, just to clear this up:

Every week one person will be drawn, say if it was me.

So then i get a choice of 1 out of those 3?

Also,
    Why extra money?
    Can we add people to our roster over the time?
    Is there a way of gaining money?

Once again, say i was drawn for the extra, if i chose the 10 mill, if that means i just flog it on 2 more 5 million'ers. is that fair?

I might sound confusing, but i know one thing, and that is that KKV's head will explode when he reads my post :p
    Originally Posted by KKV:
    Gets more confusing everytime i come in here frown.gif

Ok wait, just to clear this up:

Every week one person will be drawn, say if it was me.

So then i get a choice of 1 out of those 3?

Yes, you can pick one of the three!
    Also,
    Why extra money?

Cos, you can then buy extra superstars for that week.
    Can we add people to our roster over the time?

Every week, you can (if you wish) chose a new roster. Once you have all changes made by the deadline and under budget.
    Is there a way of gaining money?

Only if you win the 'lottery' and choose the extra $10 million (which only lasts one week)
    Once again, say i was drawn for the extra, if i chose the 10 mill, if that means i just flog it on 2 more 5 million'ers. is that fair?

It might not be fair, but IMO it makes thing interesting. Think of me as Eric Bischoff, I just want to make things interesting and entertaining.
    I might sound confusing, but i know one thing, and that is that KKV's head will explode when he reads my post :p

All I can say to KKV is pick a roster for week 1 and roll with it. Hopefully those who have played WWE's version could elaborate to KKV a little more?

Thanks for being patient enough to clear these up for me. appreciate it :)
    Every week, you can (if you wish) chose a new roster. Once you have all changes made by the deadline and under budget.

This could be a bit unfair, because what if someone reads the spoilers for Survivor series and says:
    "Oh, i better change my roster ;)"
    It might not be fair, but IMO it makes thing interesting.

I agree it will make things interesting, good thinking batman.

Think of me as Eric Bischoff, I just want to make things interesting and entertaining.

Controversy creates thread hits! :cool:

Think of me as Eric Bischoff, I just want to make things interesting and entertaining.

And you can think of me as Vince McMahon if your league goes under and i buy it off you for 20cents and a mars bar. :D

VR!

That post was what some might call a joke, but I'll forgive you since you hail from the people's republic :D:D:D

Haha, cheers. A soft spot for Cork is there? :p
    And you can think of me as Vince McMahon if your league goes under and i buy it off you for 20cents and a mars bar. :D

VR!

:pac:

I hope Cark does better in the fantasy league than they're doing at soccer these days!

VR!

I have a huge soft spot for Cork, but thats a different story!
    I hope Cark does better in the fantasy league than they're doing at soccer these days!

VR!

If I were Cork, I'd worry more about their hurling quality in the last year.
    Thanks for being patient enough to clear these up for me. appreciate it :)

No problem, I'm here to help!
    This could be a bit unfair, because what if someone reads the spoilers for Survivor series and says:
    "Oh, i better change my roster ;)"

The Survivor Series spoilers will only be speculation, WWE won't let spoilers slip for one of their biggest PPVs. To clarify, our picks for RAW, ECW, SmackDown and Survivor Series will be made the Monday before Survivor Series. If there are WWE tapings for the week before the deadline, then we will move the deadline.

• Advertisement
Advertisement