Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Pro Wrestling Fantasy League Resurrection Thread

Comments

ok, so i spend my money on a roster, check the results of WWE each week, and appoint myself points accordingly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Jaysus KKV :D

On Saturday, you submit a roster to Minto throught PM, lets say your roster is Jeff Hardy and HHH. Monday comes and neither of them appear or wrestle so you get 0 points for Raw, Smackdown is on and Jeff Hardy beats Unkown jobber, we will say Mr. Kennedy :p, therefore he gets appearence points (8) and win points (10) so Jeff Hardy gains you 18 points. HHH appears we will say in a title match against Edge, so HHH gets 8 points for an appearence and if he loses you lose 10 points, so HHH gets you - 2 points.

Minto will work out the scores for the week and then post them so for the example above he would post
    KKV scores 16 points.

That's the way I have understood it anyway and reading over it it does sound confusing :D but do you get the idea?

Yeah thats what i thought alright.

Just when i re-read it I thought we had to choose a roster, make shows, etc. etc. and act as if we were GM's of our own shows and so forth (like GM Mode in SVR) and i just kinda got scared, cos i dont think i'd have the patience for that kinda thing.

As it is, its fine and i fully understand it.

Actually, no, i do have a question (or two)

1. what use are the points? i know they obviously decide a winner, but other than that are they any good?

2. Will the Survivor series be involved, or will this end just before the survivor series?

3. Seen as the points system has been brought up, what version of it are we using now? still the original one on the first page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

1. what use are the points? i know they obviously decide a winner, but other than that are they any good?

2. Will the Survivor series be involved, or will this end just before the survivor series?

3. Seen as the points system has been brought up, what version of it are we using now? still the original one on the first page?

Or 3! :P

But in response, mint did say it would include SSeries.

1. What you mean? They are their to decide the winner, same as they are in every other game.

2. Yep Survivor Series is the end of it and is included.

3. That's for Minto as I have no idea.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    1. What you mean? They are their to decide the winner, same as they are in every other game.

2. Yep Survivor Series is the end of it and is included.

3. That's for Minto as I have no idea.

i think he is asking can they be used for anything else like buying anyone to the roster.
    Seeing as someone did bring up the idea of sacrificing points to get more wrestlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Smackdown is on and Jeff Hardy beats Unkown jobber, we will say Mr. Kennedy :p, therefore he gets appearence points (8) and win points (10) so Jeff Hardy gains you 18 points.

Wrong, unless Jeff appears in another segment, backstage interview or run-in in another match, he won't get appearance points. He can only score once per segment. Hope its clearer now.

They just decide a winner, nothing else. There is no need to use them to swap around wrestlers, cos you can change your roster every week.

Yes, it will! Survivor Series will be the last show of the current season.

I'm going to change that soon, once I update the scoring, it'll stay that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

What about tag teams? I know the list is of individual wrestlers but what if one of your picks was involved in a tag team. Points for a win is still the same? And if you chose say Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase and they won you would get points for 2 wins?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

I'm not sure about the wildcard being randomly chosen. It introduces an element of luck. Maybe we could call the person who makes double points the 'captain' or something to avoid confusion.

For example, If I had HHH as a 5m wrestler, but say that he was in a match against Edge, Chavo & Hawkins, I wouldn't want him to be my wildcard player for that week, as I'd reckon he wouldn't stand much of a chance. I'd rather have Koslov who was fighting some jobber - it'd be asafer bet. That way I could maximise my points by obeservation, not by luck. It would also make the game more interactive and intelligent. Y'know?

What about tag teams? I know the list is of individual wrestlers but what if one of your picks was involved in a tag team. Points for a win is still the same? And if you chose say Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase and they won you would get points for 2 wins?

I can't remember how the WWE handeled tag teams, but I think it'd be ok to pick both and each one would score win points, ofcourse, if they lose, both of them will score loss points! It makes tag teams risky!

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the wildcard being randomly chosen. It introduces an element of luck. Maybe we could call the person who makes double points the 'captain' or something to avoid confusion.

For example, If I had HHH as a 5m wrestler, but say that he was in a match against Edge, Chavo & Hawkins, I wouldn't want him to be my wildcard player for that week, as I'd reckon he wouldn't stand much of a chance. I'd rather have Koslov who was fighting some jobber - it'd be asafer bet. That way I could maximise my points by obeservation, not by luck. It would also make the game more interactive and intelligent. Y'know?

Firstly, it's no longer the wildcard, its a lottery! Here is the post I made about it originally: Here!

I didn't make it clear, but the person who is chosen picks the wrestler who scores double themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Minto wrote: »
    Wrong, unless Jeff appears in another segment, backstage interview or run-in in another match, he won't get appearance points. He can only score once per segment. Hope its clearer now.

WWE.com gave appearance points for matches. Otherwise you'd have someone who simply appeared twice on tv getting much more points than someone who actually wrestled a match

Yeah...hang on...I can see a huge problem with the scoring system in the first post. If you pick someone who simply appears on tv they will get 11 points more than someone who loses a match. So it'd be in your best interests to pick people who you know will be on tv but won't wrestle. If you picked Ezekiel you'd get more points than someone who picked Brian Kendrick when he loses a match, which I don't think is fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Count me in ! :) at least on the waiting list

I wouldn't be a fan of the wildcard deal either. It just sort of makes the game less fair. It's not as if you can influence whether you get the wildcard or not

• Advertisement

So whats happening here?

How are we going about this? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

So when do we make picks??

When do we get this show on the road? :D:D

The first deadline is in a week's time. No point picking until you've got an idea of what might happen on those shows

And until Minto clears up whether he thinks it's fair that Ezekiel will get thirteen more points than Kendrick for merely being outside the ring when Kendrick actually wrestles and loses. Because that guy will be in my team every week!

So we're not actually starting this until next week then?

Firstly, sorry for being away for a few days.
    So whats happening here?

How are we going about this? :confused:

The rules are as in the first post and the first weekly deadline is next Monday at 9PM (GMT).
    rvd156 wrote: »
    So when do we make picks??

When do we get this show on the road? :D:D

I would recommend making the picks the day of the deadline, but if you feel you're ready now, you can PM them to me now!
    Fozzy wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a fan of the wildcard deal either. It just sort of makes the game less fair. It's not as if you can influence whether you get the wildcard or not

I see where you're coming from, but I just think the wildcard adds an uncontrollable element to the league. This will really test how well each 'GM' can cope with the unexpected.

Also, regarding the appearance points, I'm lowering the points awarded, but I'm not going to change the way it works as its easiest for me to score things this way. Another slight change I've been meaning to add is that during a backstage promo only the wrestler who is being focused on will receive appearance points e.g. The Brian Kendrick's promo on SmackDown!, Zeek was seen in the background, but only Kendrick will recieve points!

Also, due to a few other commitments I have, I can only promise that results will be posted up before the next deadline. I would hope to have them up by Sat night, but can only promise to have them up by the next deadline!

• Advertisement

You'd probably be better off to just remove any and all non-wrestlers.

The rules are pretty simple, you pick your roster based on your budget (€40 million) and each wrestler is given points for his/her actions on TV and PPVs.

We will begin the week starting the 8th of September and run for 12 weeks, culminating at Survivor Series.

Points will be distributed as follows:
    TV appearance.............5 points
    TV match - win............10 points
    TV match - loss............-5 points
    TV match - draw...........3 points
    PPV appearance............10 points
    PPV match - win............15 points
    PPV match - loss...........-10 points
    PPV match - draw...........5 points
    Title match - win............15 points
    Title match - loss...........-10 points
    Title match - draw...........5 points
    Wellness Policy failure......-30 points
    Main event match bonus....5 points
    Speciality match bonus......5 points

Sample scoring: If a superstar is interviewed in the opening segment and then wins a match later in the match, he/she will score 18 points, 8 for the appearance and 10 for the TV match win. If he/she lost the match, they will score 3 points, 8 points for the appearance and -5 for the loss. A superstar or diva can only get appearance points once per show, but can be awarded match points multiple times.

List of participants:
    Vince135792003 (returning champion)
    Fozzy (returning champion)
    RebelRockChick
    Mr. Nice Guy
    KKV
    JP Liz
    Reganio2
    Furious Red
    b.ie curious
    RVD156
    Cactus Cal
    Kane-N-Nite
    Horseradish
    Flahavaj
    mehfesto2
    Sunset V
    xbox36016
    Spongey 1975
    Callaway92
    Comic-book-guy

Here is a link to the price list.

The deadline for roster changes each week will be Monday at 9PM (Irish time). The first deadline is Monday, September 8th at 9PM.

You'd probably be better off to just remove any and all non-wrestlers.

What about a guy like Cade then? He's often seen in the background with Jericho but he's still more of a wrestler than a valet

I just have a feeling about these rules... They just don't seem right to me! I guess we'll see how it goes. I'm going to be trying to work the system though :pac:

I just have a feeling about these rules... They just don't seem right to me! I guess we'll see how it goes. I'm going to be trying to work the system though :pac:

Ive already gone looking for my personal Rain-man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

im up for this game if there's room

im up for this game if there's room

I could be wrong, but i think its full:

List of participants:
    Vince135792003 (returning champion)
    Fozzy (returning champion)
    RebelRockChick
    Mr. Nice Guy
    KKV
    JP Liz
    Reganio2
    Furious Red
    b.ie curious
    RVD156
    Cactus Cal
    Kane-N-Nite
    Horseradish
    Flahavaj
    mehfesto2
    Sunset V
    xbox36016
    Spongey 1975
    Callaway92
    Comic-book-guy

Here is a link to the price list.

PM minto and see?

I can see the deadline keeping for this being worse than it was for the draft

To clear up any confusion that might arise, I've got a couple of questions about appearance points

On Raw there was a short segment before a break where Jericho and Cade were seen backstage reading a contract. Would that count for points?

And on Smackdown last week, during Undertaker's opening promo Vickie, Chavo, etc. were all seen backstage during it. Would that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

A crap. Completely missed this. How long is the waiting list?

EDIT: Actually, Minto, is their any reason to limit the numbers? In the WWE Draft thing there was obviously a limited number of wrestlers so it made sense but here it's just a matter of counting up scores which each poster could do themselves and making sure that the PM is sent in. Obviously I'm slightly biased seeing as I want to play

I can see the deadline keeping for this being worse than it was for the draft

To clear up any confusion that might arise, I've got a couple of questions about appearance points

On Raw there was a short segment before a break where Jericho and Cade were seen backstage reading a contract. Would that count for points?

And on Smackdown last week, during Undertaker's opening promo Vickie, Chavo, etc. were all seen backstage during it. Would that count?

I was going to ask that, like does it mean anything when its a pre taped or backstage segment?

• Advertisement

Haven't seen RAW yet, so I can't really comment. But I'm probably going to judge it on a case by case basis, with the main ruling being that to score appearance points you must fit one of two criteria, either be the main focus of a segment or have a (decent)spoken part.

Going by the criteria I stated above, only Undertaker would get appearance points on that occasion.
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Actually, Minto, is their any reason to limit the numbers? In the WWE Draft thing there was obviously a limited number of wrestlers so it made sense but here it's just a matter of counting up scores which each poster could do themselves and making sure that the PM is sent in. Obviously I'm slightly biased seeing as I want to play

I think there is, yes. I had originally only hoped to open it to 15 people, but demand got too big to fast to limit it to 15. Infact, to accommodate everyone who wanted to enter, I've had to give up my place. The reason for the limit is that I've got a lot going on at the moment and I figure the more players, the more possible wrestlers I have to tally points for and the more work it creates and coupled with college, more than 20 just ain't happening. I'd love to have more, I'd love to be taking part myself, but for the game to go on, I think certain sacrifices have to be made and I'm making them!
    I was going to ask that, like does it mean anything when its a pre taped or backstage segment?

No, it will still count if it's pretaped or backstage just as much as if it where in front of the live crowd!

Hope this answers your questions!

P.S. I've already received the first roster, so feel free to start PMing them to me any time before the deadline!

EDIT: I think Fozzy raised the question about the deadline. If you miss the first deadline, you will receive no points for that week, but once you have made a previous submission and you miss a deadline, I will score you on the previous weeks roster. Oh and the deadline is absolutely strict. No late entries, not even a minute late!

Minto I will pull out, its only fair that you get to do it mate. Would hate you to do this and not be in it. Its no problem.

I think there is, yes. I had originally only hoped to open it to 15 people, but demand got too big to fast to limit it to 15. Infact, to accommodate everyone who wanted to enter, I've had to give up my place. The reason for the limit is that I've got a lot going on at the moment and I figure the more players, the more possible wrestlers I have to tally points for and the more work it creates and coupled with college, more than 20 just ain't happening. I'd love to have more, I'd love to be taking part myself, but for the game to go on, I think certain sacrifices have to be made and I'm making them!

Realistically though there's not going to be that many extra wrestlers that you'll have to tally points for. If you opened it up to a few more I'd say you'd be looking at an extra 3 or 4 max. Do it for us ;)

So what's the deal with a title match on a PPV? How is that scored?

Is a speciality match anything that's not simply 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc. with normal rules? Is a mixed tag match a speciality match?

Do you get appearance points for being in a match on a PPV?

Sh*t, I thought I replied to this yesterday, but I guess I didn't!
    Minto I will pull out, its only fair that you get to do it mate. Would hate you to do this and not be in it. Its no problem.

Don't pull out man, seriously it would be wrong for me to take part if I'm to be doing the scoring aswell.
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Realistically though there's not going to be that many extra wrestlers that you'll have to tally points for. If you opened it up to a few more I'd say you'd be looking at an extra 3 or 4 max. Do it for us ;)

Look man I just don't have the time, I extended it from 15 to 20 and that's as far as I can go. Any more and I'd be stretching myself to thin. Sorry, but that's my final decision.
    So what's the deal with a title match on a PPV? How is that scored?

The same as a TV title match.
    Is a speciality match anything that's not simply 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc. with normal rules? Is a mixed tag match a speciality match?

Pretty much, but I'll be judging it on a case by case basis.
    Do you get appearance points for being in a match on a PPV?

No, you can only score once per segment, if a person interferes then he/she will get appearance points, but participants in the match will only get match points. This goes for TV and PPV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bubs can have my spot. I'm going to have my hands full with a lot of college stuff and I don't think I'll be able to keep up with this the way I'd like to.

I'll watch with much interest though. :cool:

No, you can only score once per segment, if a person interferes then he/she will get appearance points, but participants in the match will only get match points. This goes for TV and PPV!

So if Orton shows up for one minute on Sunday and costs Cryme Tyme their match, he'll get 22 more points than each of them. Sorry for saying it again, but this scoring just seems wrong to me!

So if Orton shows up for one minute on Sunday and costs Cryme Tyme their match, he'll get 22 more points than each of them. Sorry for saying it again, but this scoring just seems wrong to me!

I dunno where you're getting 22 from, I make it that Orton will score 10 points for the PPV appearance and depending on how the match ends, if Cryme Tyme win by DQ, they'll score 15 points for winning a title match, but if Orton costs them the match without causing a DQ, then each of them will score -10. I hate to say this, but while it might be a bit unfair, I haven't seen anyone else try to come up with one of these leagues, so I'm doing it my way!

I dunno where you're getting 22 from

A PPV appearance is 12 points for Orton going by your first post on this thread. I'm talking about if Orton distracts Cryme Tyme behind the ref's back, not causing a DQ, which would be -10 for each Cryme Tyme guy. That's 22 points more for Orton than for each guy
    if Cryme Tyme win by DQ, they'll score 15 points for winning a title match

So you get the same points for winning a title match by DQ and not winning the title as you do when you actually do win a title?
    I hate to say this, but while it might be a bit unfair, I haven't seen anyone else try to come up with one of these leagues, so I'm doing it my way!

It's just that the WWE.com one made so much sense to me!

• Advertisement

A PPV appearance is 12 points for Orton going by your first post on this thread. I'm talking about if Orton distracts Cryme Tyme behind the ref's back, not causing a DQ, which would be -10 for each Cryme Tyme guy. That's 22 points more for Orton than for each guy

I changed the points from 12 to 10 after you asked me to look at it. I couldn't edit the rules on page one, so I reposted the changed ones and a list of players on page 5.
    So you get the same points for winning a title match by DQ and not winning the title as you do when you actually do win a title?

Simplicity! I'm well aware it may not be fair, but I say we just keep on going!
    It's just that the WWE.com one made so much sense to me!

Yea, but they had more than one person doing it and they prob had more time than me!

Yea, but they had more than one person doing it and they prob had more time than me!

It's not a matter of time or effort though, it's just an issue with the scores attached to each scenario. It makes a lot more sense to me to reward a wrestler who actually wrestles a match than one who just shows up on screen and talks or whatever

It's not a matter of time or effort though, it's just an issue with the scores attached to each scenario. It makes a lot more sense to me to reward a wrestler who actually wrestles a match than one who just shows up on screen and talks or whatever

I agree with Fozzy.

Maybe having a difference in points if the match is won because of a DQ?

Fozzy, what do you suggest be done with the scoring system entirely?

I would say maybe you could work with Minto for the scoring, but seeing as your a participant....maybe thats not a good idea :p

Is the old points system they used to use still not up on WWE.com? Might see if I can resurect one of the old threads for a link

Fozzy, what do you suggest be done with the scoring system entirely?

I just think that something a little more in line (doesn't have to be the very same) with WWE.com's scoring system makes more sense. I'll just post it and explain why

* TV Appearance (+3)
    * TV Match (+5)
    * TV Win (+7)
    * Pay Per View Appearance (+5)
    * Pay Per View Match (+8)
    * Pay Per View Win (+12)
    * All Shows: Win a Title (+20)
    * All Shows: Retain a Title (+8)
    * All Shows: Participation in a Specialty Match (+3)
    * All Shows: Winning a Specialty Match (+5)
    * All Shows: Final Match (+3)
    * All Shows: Disqualification (-4)
    * All Shows: Suspension (-10)

First off, someone who just appears on camera isn't going to get more points than someone who actually wrestles on the show, even if they lose. Losing a match shouldn't be punished so heavily because the wrestler still got to wrestle on the show. That's more important in my mind than someone who spends a minute on the mic backstage

And if you do lose a match you still get a lot less points than someone who wins

There's also the title win/retain thing. It's obvious in almost all title defences that the champ will retain, so there's no need for a huge bonus. If you're predicting a title change though, you should be rewarded with more points if it actually does happen

I don't want to hijack this or anything, it's just that I can see problems arising with the negative points and I don't think that it will judge a fair winner. Someone who picks all the guys who appear but don't wrestle on a show could be a good 80 points ahead of someone who picks people who all wrestle but lose on a show using Minto's current system. I really think that the person who picked the guys who wrestled should be ahead

WWE isn't all about wrestling anymore I tried to make the scoring a representative of this. E.g. if someone wants Jericho on his/her list, then he/she would score very little with the WWE.com rules as Jericho doesn't wrestle much anymore except on PPV! With my rules ( I assume as they haven't been battle tested yet) people can pick who they want instead of who they think will score the most and still get a fair score.

• Advertisement

WWE isn't all about wrestling anymore I tried to make the scoring a representative of this. E.g. if someone wants Jericho on his/her list, then he/she would score very little with the WWE.com rules as Jericho doesn't wrestle much anymore except on PPV! With my rules ( I assume as they haven't been battle tested yet) people can pick who they want instead of who they think will score the most and still get a fair score.

I can understand where your coming with this.

As in IF we had started this after Summerslam, and i had picked Jericho and HBK, and if we had been going by WWE's scoring, there wouldve been hardly any points given.

BUT with this system, as they are a dominant force at the moment but they dont wrestle, picking them will still gain points.

Although i still agree with fozzy.
    How about this league goes ahead till Survivor series and then at the end if the system has gone well then great, but if not minto changes it?

people can pick who they want instead of who they think will score the most and still get a fair score.

Let's take last week's Raw as an example. One person picks Mysterio, Layla, Cade and some other SD wrestlers. Another person picks JBL, Punk, Batista and Regal

The first person will get 15 points despite none of them wrestling, each only appearing on screen for a short time

The second person will get -20 even though all their guys wrestled. They'd have been better off picking guys who didn't appear on the show! How can you call that a fair score?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Let's take last week's Raw as an example. One person picks Mysterio, Layla, Cade and some other SD wrestlers. Another person picks JBL, Punk, Batista and Regal

The first person will get 15 points despite none of them wrestling, each only appearing on screen for a short time

The second person will get -20 even though all their guys wrestled. They'd have been better off picking guys who didn't appear on the show! How can you call that a fair score?!

I would've thought that's the risk though. If the second person's picks had won their matches they would've reaped much more points.

Cactus Col wrote: »
    I would've thought that's the risk though. If the second person's picks had won their matches they would've reaped much more points.

It would be a risk if you knew who was going to be wrestling a match. But in nearly all cases you don't. I'll be picking my roster based on who I think won't be wrestling, because there's less chance of losing points that way. But I'm still not going to know and it will end up like a lottery

Right, so at MNG's request, he has been replaced by Bub101.

Also, a reminder that if you do not sumbit a roster on time, you wil score zero for week one and if you miss the second deadline, you are eliminated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement