Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Pro Wrestling Fantasy League Resurrection Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I bet that some people won't submit a roster for the first week and they'll still end up ahead of people who did submit a roster :pac:

I won't be submitting anything until I see Unforgiven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Fozzy wrote: »
    I won't be submitting anything until I see Unforgiven

+1

Don't see the point in submitting anything before it.
    :cool:

+1

Don't see the point in submitting anything before it.
    :cool:

You had your roster ready last week :pac:

Unforgiven.. thats tonight, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yep tonight on Sky Sports 1 Live at 1 AM *cheap pop*

Minto, a quick question.

Sorry if this has already been answered:

Can the roster be changed at any time. Like if i wanted to change mine, could i do it after raw tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Minto, a quick question.

Sorry if this has already been answered:

Can the roster be changed at any time. Like if i wanted to change mine, could i do it after raw tonight?

You can change your roster as many times as you want, but once the deadline passes, it won't come into effect until the next week's deadline. So if you change it after RAW tonight, it won't come into effect until next week.

EDIT: Also, please mark the PM with what week it is for, so I don't mix up rosters.

So you can have a new roster every week pretty much?

Right-o.. I'm off toput my rooster together :)

So you can have a new roster every week pretty much?

Exactly! Also, if you miss a deadline, I'll go be the last week's roster.

Minto wrote: »
    Exactly! Also, if you miss a deadline, I'll go be the last week's roster.

Ok, so to summerise:

You pick a roster,
    You can change that roster at any time, providing it is before the deadline,
    and if you dont it will just revert back to whatever your roster was for that week.

Final question:
    What time is the deadline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tonight at 9 o clock is the deadline CBG

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Tonight at 9 o clock is the deadline CBG

Thanks man :)

i was worried that he said 19.00
    Meaning 7 o'clock.

Phew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Thanks man :)

i was worried that he said 19.00
    Meaning 7 o'clock.

Phew

As was I, had just sent off my roster.

Right, so deadline one has passed. There were a few people who didn't submit a roster yet and they are:
    JP Liz
    Reganio 2
    Furious Red
    b.ie curious
    flahavaj
    mehfesto2
    xbox36016
    Those who didn't submit a roster have scored zero for this week. Could they all still confirm they are in or out?

I'll post up everybodies rosters in the next day or two. Back to college tomorrow, so I'll prob be busy for a day or two.

Right, so deadline one has passed. There were a few people who didn't submit a roster yet and they are:
    JP Liz
    Reganio 2
    Furious Red
    b.ie curious
    flahavaj
    mehfesto2
    xbox36016
    Those who didn't submit a roster have scored zero for this week. Could they all still confirm they are in or out?

I'll post up everybodies rosters in the next day or two. Back to college tomorrow, so I'll prob be busy for a day or two.

:eek: Holy **** i nearly had a freakin heart attack, i thought those were the names that submitted their rosters!

Good to know everyone's dedicated... :P

Bubs was over by 10 million, so hopefully he sees this or my PM and reduces his roster.

Bubs was over by 10 million, so hopefully he sees this or my PM and reduces his roster.

I can lend him a few quid :pac:

You and Vince!

You and Vince!

"Minto's Million Dollar Mania Madness Mega-giveaway!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

crap didnt know the deadline was 7pm. sorry got check this post more often. apologies

Fozzy wrote:

crap didnt know the deadline was 7pm.

lol.

This thread is awesome.

crap didnt know the deadline was 7pm. sorry got check this post more often. apologies

The deadline is 9PM, I'd love to know where people are getting this 7PM stuff.

Its because they cant tell a 24 hour clock

Minto never used a 24 hour clock time though

Its because they got confused with a 24 hour clock (as CBG said).

• Advertisement

My guess is based on what happened me.

I remember he said something 7, but i didnt know if it was definitely 17, 7, or 19 (meaning 7).

And at the time i only had a few minutes, that is, if the deadline was 7 o'clock, to reply.

So instead of looking for what the deadline was i made my roster and instead just ask what it was.

Thats my story, and im sticking by it!

Will someone post weekly reports as to what happened on the shows here?

Copy/pastes from whatever sites post results?

I don't get to always see all the shows :(

I'm planning on using the reports on wrestlezone.com to score the shows as they are usually fairly detailed and I'll also be using F4W's website, "The Bryan and Vinny Show" and "Wrestling Observer Radio" as extra sources.

I'm just wondering what way to deal with the spoilers on this thread. For the moment I'll say that if you're posting about something that happened on a show that hasn't aired here at a convenient time then use spoiler tags. That way if someone has questions or issues with the game and they don't want the shows spoiled they can still post in this thread

And by Saturday or whenever Minto does the scoring there'll be no need for the tags

I'm just wondering what way to deal with the spoilers on this thread. For the moment I'll say that if you're posting about something that happened on a show that hasn't aired here at a convenient time then use spoiler tags. That way if someone has questions or issues with the game and they don't want the shows spoiled they can still post in this thread

And by Saturday or whenever Minto does the scoring there'll be no need for the tags

Sounds fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Shoot sorry mate, been running around lately. Really sorry.

80 Points?!

Ha ha, cool. :cool:

80 Points?!

How'dya know that??

80 Points?!

How do you know?

Care to post the report you must have seen so we can all work off it, too?

Here's a report for Raw from f4wonline.com:
    WWE Raw Report

By: Todd Martin

Email: ToddMartin4L@aol.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Blog: toddwmartin.blogspot.com

Date: 09/08/08 from Fort Wayne, IN.

The Big News: Chris Jericho was able to weasel his way out of another tough predicament, but next week he has to face CM Punk in a cage match.

Show Analysis:

Chris Jericho came out to start the show. I think he will work well as champion, but they really devalued the title in the way they got it to him. Jericho revealed bruises on his body given to him by supposed good guy Shawn Michaels. Jericho pointed out their match was unsanctioned so Michaels accomplished nothing while Jericho later won the title. Jericho described this as good things happening to a good person. He said that he outsmarted Batista to win, and now everyone must respect how good he is, better than Michaels.

Mike Adamle came out and congratulated Jericho. However, he pointed out Punk lost his title without having the chance to defend it. Thus, next week it will be Punk vs. Jericho in a cage match. He further announced Jericho vs. Batista for this week. Jericho’s performance here was good, but he went a little too long.

Beth Phoenix beat Mickie James. Candice Michelle was at ringside, and they said she would meet the winner for the women’s title at No Mercy. This is nothing compared to the number they did on their titles last night, but it makes little sense that she’s gone forever, scores one pin in a six woman tag and immediately gets a title shot. She also inexplicably giggled whenever the camera panned to her. Beth threw Mickie into the post. Mickie hit a huracanrana and Thesz press, but Beth used the Alabama slam for the pin. There were a lot of blown spots here.

William Regal beat Jamie Noble. Layla was at ringside, after Noble hired Jillian Hall to serenade her. Noble hit a spinning head scissors and Regal responded with an exploder. Noble landed an enzuigiri but his attempt at a running somersault senton fell into Regal’s knees. Regal then hit a running knee for the pin. Regal informed Noble that happy endings only happen in fairy tales, and offered his arm to Layla. Layla reluctantly took it and they walked off together.

Charlie Haas beat JBL via count out. Haas made his entrance out of the trunk of JBL’s limo. He called himself Charles Haas Layfield, and the crowd chanted “CHL.” He made fun of JBL. An annoyed JBL said that he deserves respect and stomped off. JBL was counted out and Haas celebrated heartily. I really do enjoy this Haas gimmick. They should have him do some old gimmicks.

Batista and JBL had a discussion backstage. Batista thought Haas’ routine was funny. JBL said that both he and Batista are main eventers, and they shouldn’t tolerate disrespect from these uppity guys on the undercard. JBL said he has nothing in common with Haas. Batista agreed, because Haas actually won his match on the show. It would appear they are integrating his backstage reputation into his on-camera character, which I think is a smart way to package him.

Rey Mysterio and Evan Bourne beat Miz and John Morrison. Rey has some new tattoos. Before the match, he said that he doesn’t know why Kane attacked him, but that he will stand strong and will be nobody’s victim. Rey and Bourne hit a cool double team moonsault spot, and then Rey flipped Bourne with a plancha into a huracanrana on the floor onto Morrison. Bourne went to the top, but Morrison knocked him off with an enzuigiri.

The heels briefly worked over Bourne, but he tagged Rey and Rey came in with a double springboard crossbody. Morrison flipped Rey into Miz, but Rey gave Miz a huracanrana. Rey followed with a somersault senton on Morrison but was tripped by Miz when he went for the 619. Morrison went for a springboard kick into Rey but hit Miz instead. Rey used a whirly bird, hit the 619, and Bourne used the shooting star press for the pin on Morrison.

This was a fun match, and the crowd reacted big to the end. It reminded me of the sort of midcard workrate matches that used to be a staple on Nitro and then later Raw. I wish WWE brought in more guys like Matt Sydal so they could use this as a regular feature. I think the show would benefit from a weekly fast-paced and athletic 10 minute match with limited storyline repercussions. Another positive of this match was they used it as an opportunity to talk a lot about ECW and its stars. It was a subtle way of getting Raw fans to think about trying out ECW again.

After the match Kane appeared on the screen. He said that he will face Rey next week one-on-one. He added that he chose Rey to be his victim. That’s kind of kinky. I’m getting a Candyman vibe. Be my victim, Helen. Kane said he cho-cho-chose Rey for special reasons, and then held up the old Kane mask. So evidently that was where they wanted to go all along and the thing with Rey’s mask was primarily to swerve people. This storyline is a neon billboard screaming for thoughtful long term booking.

Randy Orton came out and said that it is a tragedy he lost his title because of the collarbone injury. He contrasted that to CM Punk, who got lucky and then had karma catch up with him. Orton posited that he did what he did to Punk because he was concerned for his safety. He felt Punk should thank him, because he would have been exposed in the scramble and beaten repeatedly. That’s what Patrick Cote should have said to Ricardo Almeida after he beat him.

Orton added that Jericho owes him thanks too. He said that when he’s healthy he’ll take the title from Jericho. Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase and Manu came out to take credit for setting up Orton for the kick. Manu noted all their fathers are Hall-of-Famers, so Orton’s no better than any of them. DiBiase said that what they did to Punk was impressive. Orton slapped DiBiase and left. Presumably they are just taking their time in pairing these four together. I think that it’s a really smart pairing. Orton will give the other three credibility, and they can become a kind of second version of Evolution.

Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase and Manu the Wild Samoan beat Cryme Tyme and Kofi Kingston. The heels worked over Kofi with a Manu body slam and DiBiase double foot stomp off the second rope. Shad tagged in and hit a press slam on Rhodes and power slam on DiBiase. Manu tagged in and hit a neck breaker on Shad for the pin. Shad’s neatly trimmed beard completely undermines the rest of his look. He badly needs to let that thing go.

Santino defeated Gene Snitsky. Santino prior to the match said that with a three week Intercontinental Title reign he is already 19 days better than the Mountie. There was an enormous missed opportunity here for Santino to botch the lyrics of the Mountie’s theme song. He vowed to be the best IC champ of all the times. Snitsky then stormed out looking like the Warlord. That’s not a favorable comparison. Snitsky hit a clothesline, elbow drop and punches. He went for a kick in the corner, but Beth pulled Santino out of the way and he rolled up Snitsky for the pin.

Batista vs. Chris Jericho didn’t last long. Prior to the match, Jericho confronted Mike Adamle. He said it was unfair for him to have another tough match after 2 matches at Unforgiven. Adamle responded that he did Jericho a favor by placing him in the scramble, and Jericho owed him a favor. He then had a change of heart. After Batista dominated early with a powerslam, Adamle came out and said that he misdiagnosed Jericho’s condition. Adamle said he needed a competitive match, and announced Jericho and JBL vs. Batista in a handicap match.

Chris Jericho and JBL beat Batista. Jericho and JBL got along fine despite the fact JBL tried to murder Jericho earlier this year. That’s the sort of detail they should at least make a token explanation for in the name of storyline consistency and logic. The heels worked over Batista, but Batista came back with clotheslines. He went for a Batista bomb on Jericho but Lance Cade got on the apron. Batista knocked him off, allowing JBL to hit the clothesline from hell and Jericho stole the pin. After the match, JBL and Cade beat up Batista, but Batista then came back with a spear on JBL and spine buster and Batista bomb on Cade.

Final Thoughts:

I don’t really much in the way of overarching thoughts about this show. There were things about it I liked and other things about it I didn’t. Overall the show was entertaining enough and they are making some useful tweaks on a number of major characters.

After a quick check I believe I got 35 points. Scoring arguments can be worked out later I'm sure, but I presume that's the right score. That was only from three of my thirteen picks though :pac:

Cheers Fozzy.

So that means for me; going by the scoring system in post 73 on Pg. 5 of this thread;
    Batista - RAW - Appearance backstage (5) Lost a match (-5)
    Beth Phoenix - RAW - Won a match (10) appearance at ringside (5)
    Rey Mysterio - RAW - Appearance backstage (5) Won a match (10)
    Ted DiBiase - RAW -appearance in-ring (5) won a match (10)

Which makes me have 45 overall points..?

:)

Could you use spoiler tags when you're posting anything to do with Raw until it's aired here later in the week please KKV

I'm pretty sure that I edited the scoring system from page 5 into the first post a few days ago. If I didn't then I'll do it now

Batista - RAW - Appearance backstage (5) Lost a match (-5)

I don't know if Minto wants to address the scoring issues now or at the weekend (it'll save all the spoiler tags!), but
    you get five points for Batista being in the main event and I also took the main event to be a speciality match, as it wasn't just one-on-one, so that's another five

Oh, and Minto, I was just curious so I had a look, Survivor Series is on November 23rd, which means that this game will be 11 weeks long, not 12. Not that it makes much difference :pac:

I've scored RAW and there here are some interesting stats:

Highest scoring supertar was Chris Jericho (25).
    Jericho was on 7 out of the 11 rosters submitted to me.

I decided that the Main event would be scored as one match and wouldn't count as a speciality match. With that in mind here are the scores for RAW:
    Sunset V......90
    CBG.............80
    Callaway.......55
    Bubs.............55
    Rebel Rock Chick..50
    HorseRadish...45
    KKV..............45
    Fozzy...........35
    RVD..............30
    Spongey........30
    Vince............30
    Kane-N-Nite...30
    Cactus Col......25

To the people who scored low, remember you still have ECW and SmackDown! to go and most people near the bottom have more ECW/SD guys than RAW.

How does Jericho get 25 points? Did he get two sets of appearance points?

• Advertisement

here are the scores for RAW:
    Sunset V......90
    CBG.............80
    Callaway.......55
    Bubs.............55
    HorseRadish...45
    Fozzy...........35
    RVD..............30
    Spongey........30
    Vince............30
    Kane-N-Nite...30
    Cactus Col......25

What about me? Did i just score myself properly? or am accidentally called RVD?

:confused:

Could you use spoiler tags when you're posting anything to do with Raw until it's aired here later in the week please KKV

Yeah, i meant to do that. When i posted it i realised and edited it straight away. so it was only unedited for a matter of seconds. The only people that will see the unedited version are those who have subscribed to the thread who will get it in their email. To those people, i suggest keeping that email. a rare, unedited KKV post is bound to be worth a lot of money in a few years ;)

oh, also,
    why no specialty match points? technically the main event was two matches, as Adamle ordered the match be stopped. Therefore batista won by stoppage

:P

oh, also,
    why no specialty match points? technically the main event was two matches, as Adamle ordered the match be stopped. Therefore batista won by stoppage

:P
    WWE.com have it down as just one match in their results, a handicap match. So if there's another 2 vs The Whole Raw Roster match, that will just be scored as a normal match?

WWE.com have it down as just one match in their results, a handicap match. So if there's another 2 vs The Whole Raw Roster match, that will just be scored as a normal match?

Well i was actually being sarcastic about
    batista winning, but i think that if WWE acknowledge it as a handicap match, we should get specialty match points.

Also, the best thing i ever seen in WWE was
    blah dee blah
    and then when
    yackitty smackitty
    came down and
    spiderman green frog
    i honestly thought he was dead. I never expected
    generic name here
    to be under the mask
    i wonder if someone who hasn't seen RAW will get annoyed and read these spoilers thinking something hugely amazing happened?
    F'ING AWESOME!

KKV, sorry I forgot to put your scores into the mix. I've amended the OP to reflect it.

Fozzy, Jericho scored 10 points for his win, 5 points for his main event match, 10 points for 2 appearances one at the beginning of the show and again before the main event with Mike Adamle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

With that in mind here are the scores for RAW:
    Sunset V......90
    CBG.............80
    Callaway.......55
    Bubs.............55
    HorseRadish...45
    KKV..............45
    Fozzy...........35
    RVD..............30
    Spongey........30
    Vince............30
    Kane-N-Nite...30
    Cactus Col......25

My roster not counted? :confused:

My roster not counted? :confused:

Apologies, bit of a mix up today. Ya scored 50 points on RAW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Apologies, bit of a mix up today. Ya scored 50 points on RAW.

No worries :)

How'dya know that??
    How do you know?

Care to post the report you must have seen so we can all work off it, too?

Sorry about that, i just totted up my score when i read the spoilers this morning.

2nd place, im happy with that.
    But i know its just a fluke :( Im going to be far into the red before Survivor series comes.

• Advertisement

Oh i didn't know you could get Multiple appearance points?

Advertisement