Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Pro Wrestling Fantasy League Resurrection Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

I only got 30....God I'm gonna suck at this....I know WWE like the back of my hand but I quess I'm not cut to be the GM....:(

But I'm still in it to win it....:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Minto wrote: »
    I've scored RAW and there here are some interesting stats:

Highest scoring supertar was Chris Jericho (25).
    Jericho was on 7 out of the 11 rosters submitted to me.

I decided that the Main event would be scored as one match and wouldn't count as a speciality match. With that in mind here are the scores for RAW:
    Sunset V......90
    CBG.............80
    Callaway.......55
    Bubs.............55
    Rebel Rock Chick..50
    HorseRadish...45
    KKV..............45
    Fozzy...........35
    RVD..............30
    Spongey........30
    Vince............30
    Kane-N-Nite...30
    Cactus Col......25

To the people who scored low, remember you still have ECW and SmackDown! to go and most people near the bottom have more ECW/SD guys than RAW.

Rock and Roll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Just as a matter of interest, why didnt Jericho, JBL or Batista get points for a speciality match? Does this mean that if the main event match at a show is a speciality match then it doesnt count? Kinda harsh as most speciality matches at tv shows are main events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Just as a matter of interest, why didnt Jericho, JBL or Batista get points for a speciality match? Does this mean that if the main event match at a show is a speciality match then it doesnt count? Kinda harsh as most speciality matches at tv shows are main events

I just don't think handicap matches should count as a speciality match. I see it as a variation of a tag match, so if I count it as a speciality match, then DiBiase, Rhodes, Kofi Kingston and Cryme Tyme should get point too cos they were in a 6-man tag match!

Also, I am adding Manu and Brie Bella to the rosters, Manu will cost $3,000,000 and Brie Bella will cost $1,500,000. Could Fozzy please edit post 2 in this thread to add these two superstars?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Khali and Hardy need to be switched around price wise.

I just don't think handicap matches should count as a speciality match. I see it as a variation of a tag match, so if I count it as a speciality match, then DiBiase, Rhodes, Kofi Kingston and Cryme Tyme should get point too cos they were in a 6-man tag match!

Fair enough, so i take it next weeks steel cage match will be counted then as a speciality match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is main event bonuses exclusive to PPVs?

rovert wrote: »
    Khali and Hardy need to be switched around price wise.

I thought about it at the start, but I don't think Hardy is there yet and tbh, I dunno why Khali is 5 million, musta been asleep when I was typing it out, lol!
    Fair enough, so i take it next weeks steel cage match will be counted then as a speciality match

Yes, yes it will!
    Is main event bonuses exclusive to PPVs?

No, Jericho, Baista and JBL recieved 5 points each for appearing in RAW's main event.

Now, onto something I just thought of. If RAW's main event is an interview or promo, should the people involved score Main Event Bonus points or should the points go to the guys in the last match on RAW?

Now, onto something I just thought of. If RAW's main event is an interview or promo, should the people involved score Main Event Bonus points or should the points go to the guys in the last match on RAW?

It should be the final match, because you cant loose a promo!

And what if theres a promo and then someone comes out and attacks them who is just after being in the main event, which was a speciality and won it earlier in the night.

Would that not be an insane amount of points if the main event was a promo?

A question which requires spoilers:
    This weeks smackdown had a four way, does this count as a specialty?

• Advertisement

No, Jericho, Baista and JBL recieved 5 points each for appearing in RAW's main event.

Does that mean i should get an additional five points? I had batista on my rooster, but i never gave him any points just for being in the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Me too. I thought I got 35 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I had batista on my rooster
    Surely thats cruelty to animals.:pac:

Does that mean i should get an additional five points? I had batista on my rooster, but i never gave him any points just for being in the main event.

Batista scored 5 points in total for RAW, 5 points for an appearance, -5 for his loss in the main event and finally 5 for being in the main event. That makes 5 points.

KKV, you also scored 10 points for Mysterio, 15 for DiBiase and 15 for Beth. When you add those to the 5 points Batista got, you get 45 points.

Batista scored 5 points in total for RAW, 5 points for an appearance, -5 for his loss in the main event and finally 5 for being in the main event. That makes 5 points.

KKV, you also scored 10 points for Mysterio, 15 for DiBiase and 15 for Beth. When you add those to the 5 points Batista got, you get 45 points.

Well then my score should be 85?

I never put in the main event points.

Also, do the title match points refer to any title, as long as its a title match, or is just the three top championships?

No, each of my picks got 15. Rey got interviewed backstage, and then he came out and won his match.

Batista - RAW - Appearance backstage (5) Lost a match (-5)
    Beth Phoenix - RAW - Won a match (10) appearance at ringside (5)
    Rey Mysterio - RAW - Appearance backstage (5) Won a math (10)
    Ted DiBiase - RAW -appearance in-ring (5) won a match (10)

if you add an additional 5 for main event points to Batista, that means i get 50 points, total?...

I can see this turning into big row's everytime minto posts the scores...

Lets just let him do his thing...

If he makes a huge mistake then we can all go crazy but this is gonna get crazy...:D:D

I know we probably have mintos head wrecked but i reckon once the first weeks points have been calculated then it should be plain sailing from there

Just seen you gave Beth Phoenix 15 points. Was her match on RAW a title match and therefore should have won her 15 points and 5 for the appearance?

I know we probably have mintos head wrecked but i reckon once the first weeks points have been calculated then it should be plain sailing from there

Just seen you gave Beth Phoenix 15 points. Was her match on RAW a title match and therefore should have won her 15 points and 5 for the appearance?

Oh was it a title match? I was aware of that.. so does that mean im after losing out on 10 points i should have got? (5 for batista's main event and 5 for Beths title)

As has been said, after the first week everything should be OK, I just want to make sure im fully understanding the points system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Beth's match was a title match according to WWE.com. So she should get 15 for retaining and 5 for appearing at ringside with Santino, making 20

• Advertisement

So that means i got 55 as opposed to 45?

:D

Ok i think we should wait for Minto to come on and on saturday morning to display what wrestler got how many points so this can all be cleared up.

I think its unfair (and i know i did it) asking him is the points wrong and all that, im sure he will clear it up.

Come on, this is his creation, why would he inject a little poison... :P
    F-F-F-F-F-For life- For life!

Once i get a decent grasp of the points system i shall be fine. Just want to get my head around it this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Leave Minto alone. He only invented the points system a couple of weeks ago so there are bound to be some teething problems, and KKV, I can guarantee you that anybody with a brain picked Beth so you will not going up the rankings, just floating on a higher tide

Whats with the attitude?

Points are points, and i want to make sure im scoring myself properly. I want to make sure i undertand the way the rules/points system works so i can score myself and be accurate.

Sunset V......100
    CBG.............90
    Callaway.......60
    Bubs.............55
    Rebel Rock Chick..55
    KKV..............55
    HorseRadish...45
    Fozzy...........35
    RVD..............30
    Spongey........30
    Vince............30
    Kane-N-Nite...35
    Cactus Col......25

I've recalculated to recognise Beth's title match and Mysterio's appearance backstage, changes are in bold. Apologies for missing Mysterio's appearance, but this happens when I'm relying on reports!
    rvd156 wrote: »
    I can see this turning into big row's everytime minto posts the scores...

Unfortunatly, so can I, so in future I won't waste my Monday evenings calculating points, so I'll just wait until Saturday from now on. I have ECW's results calculated, but I won't be releasing them until Saturday evening sometime.
    Come on, this is his creation, why would he inject a little poison... :P
    F-F-F-F-F-For life- For life!

I will be unleashing two kinds of poison into the mix for next week! One good and another bad!
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Leave Minto alone. He only invented the points system a couple of weeks ago so there are bound to be some teething problems, and KKV, I can guarantee you that anybody with a brain picked Beth so you will not going up the rankings, just floating on a higher tide

Bubs is right, even when I changed the scores I think only one person moved in the rankings and most people at the top went up similar amounts.
    Whats with the attitude?

I'd like to know the same thing? I'll hold my hand up and admit I made a mistake or two this week, but your attitude seems to suggest I'm screwing YOU personally!

Well the only reason i'm going on about it so much is because i want to just figure it all out as i've never taken part in a 'fantasy league' before and would like to have a fair idea of whats going on.

Sorry if im annoying you Minto. I'd be more than happy to score myself if you like. I wont screw people.. im sure people will realise if i try :P

Oh will you just let minto do the scoring....If he makes a mistake someone will point it out more than likely you KKV....:P

Just let it go man....

I'd be more than happy to score myself if you like. I wont screw people.. im sure people will realise if i try :P

Would you like to take over the whole thing? Trust me, its a lot more work than I envisioned!

Also,
    I wont screw people..

Are you implying I screwed anyone?

• Advertisement

Well minto if you need a hand i can help out with the scoring. I usually get to watch the shows during the week (advantages of sky+) and can score them as i watch them

I can do ECW for you if you want. I watch it for the Miz and Morrison and it's only an hour long anyway

Yeah minto I'll give my help to if you need it but to be fair your doing pretty well....

In fact a round of applause for minto....

:D:D

Would you like to take over the whole thing? Trust me, its a lot more work than I envisioned!

Also,

Are you implying I screwed anyone?

You know i didn't mean it like that.

rvd156 wrote: »
    Yeah minto I'll give my help to if you need it but to be fair your doing pretty well....

In fact a round of applause for minto....

:D:D

Agreed, this is quite exciting. I am always slightly annoyed when i hear guys in work on about "The fantasy league", meaning the football ones you can set them up on sky sports website.
    (as i dont like football enough to hear how much i hear about it)

But now since this has come along :)

Well done Minto!

Oh, BTW, any ideas when the week scores will be up tomorrow?

Thanks for the offers lads, but I'm gonna keep going on my own.

Firstly, I've some bad news to announce, Flahavaj has dropped out of the league due to lack of free time on his part.

Secondly, more bad news, due to college being a load more work than I assumed, I'm cutting the season short. Instead of finishing at Survivor Series, I'm going to end it at Cyber Sunday instead.

Now some good news, the scores are in and the scores are pretty even, the person in first place scored an impressive 193 and the person who scored lowest has 100. So its still anyone's game!

Here are the final scores for week 1:
    Sunset V.........................193
    Comic Book Guy................170
    Callaway.........................158
    KKV................................158
    Bubs101..........................133
    HorseRadish.....................130
    RebelRockChick.................130
    RVD 156..........................130
    Cactus Col.......................123
    Spongey..........................123
    Vince..............................118
    Kane-N-Nite.....................105
    Fozzy..............................100
    b.ie curious.........................0
    Furious Red.........................0
    JPLiz..................................0
    mehfesto2...........................0
    Reganio2.............................0
    xbox36016..........................0

Could the people who scored zero please confirm if they are gonna take part or not? If they don't submit a roster by the 9PM deadline (21.00 for the military types out there) on Monday, they're out!

Also, if you have any queries about your score just ask. I'll try to help. Also, just to clarify, I've been using the TV reports from F4Wonline.com to score, so look there first to see if I may have missed something you saw on TV.

Ok another factor is being introduced this week and that is the lottery:

The prize is one of the following:
    Extra $10,000,000 to spend
    Double points on one superstar of your choosing for that week
    Immunity from negative scores for that week (all negative scores will be made zero)

I'll make the lottery in a while and post up the winner in a while. Because of the 6 who failed to submit rosters for last week, they will be disallowed from the lottery for this week.

• Advertisement

Just done the draw for the lottery, Rebel Rock Chick has been chosen. She has the choice of one of the following:
    • Extra $10,000,000 to spend
    • Double points on one superstar of your choosing for that week
    • Immunity from negative scores for that week (all negative scores will be made zero)

Minto, just a suggestion, but do the Diva's need to be upped in price considering that a Beth title defense counts for the exact same as a Jerciho one and she's half the price?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Minto, just a suggestion, but do the Diva's need to be upped in price considering that a Beth title defense counts for the exact same as a Jerciho one and she's half the price?

I was thinking that but Divas have always been lower priced than Main Eventers. Also, since its in a steel cage Jericho will get more points.

Cheers minto.

158. Not too shabby :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

yup im def gonna submit my roster this week

• Advertisement

Cheers minto.

158. Not too shabby :)

Shabbier than 170 :p

Its seriously close though!

• Extra $10,000,000 to spend
    • Double points on one superstar of your choosing for that week
    • Immunity from negative scores for that week (all negative scores will be made zero)

Minto, how about instead of a lottery, awarding these choices to the two at the bottom of the table each week?

Im just thinking because someone could challenge how you randomly picked RRC for the 'prizes'.

And one other thing, you said in an earlier post that there would be two sides to this, one good side (obviously the reward) and one bad side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just done the draw for the lottery, Rebel Rock Chick has been chosen.

How lucky is this girl with draws?! :pac: Is she always this lucky I wonder? I bet when she goes out in the rain no droplets manage to hit her and instead a giant rainbow appears.

How lucky is this girl with draws?! :pac: Is she always this lucky I wonder? I bet when she goes out in the rain no droplets manage to hit her and instead a giant rainbow appears.

I dunno, but if i was her i'd be heavily investing in Lotto tickets right about now..

Minto, how about instead of a lottery, awarding these choices to the two at the bottom of the table each week?

That could be interesting, how does everyone else feel about it?
    Im just thinking because someone could challenge how you randomly picked RRC for the 'prizes'.

I see your point, for the record, I broke all made brackets (King of the Ring style) of the people who had submitted rosters this week (13 names), I paired first (Sunset V) with last (Fozzy), second with second last etc. etc. Rebel Rock Chick was in the middle and could be paired with no one, so she was granted a by-pass of the first two rounds, I then did a random dice throw (using an app on my iTouch) if the number was low (1-3), the person on the bottom of the bracket won and if the number was high (4-6), the person on top of the bracket won. I continued this until the end and Rebel Rock Chick won. I even redid the process a few times after to ensure that she didn't win because of the earlier by-pass.
    And one other thing, you said in an earlier post that there would be two sides to this, one good side (obviously the reward) and one bad side?

I said I had good poison (the lottery) and bad poison (reduced season) to unleash. I unleashed both! I'm kinda surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

Probably! She should be the boards official mascot, lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I dunno, but if i was her i'd be heavily investing in Lotto tickets right about now..

Lol, only on boards it seems :pac:
    Probably! She should be the boards official mascot, lol!

Where do I sign? :p

Just to update people, Rebel Rock Chick has chosen to be immune from negative scoring for this week. People can start sending me rosters now if they are ready. As of now there is 25 hours and 20 mins left til the deadline!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

impresssed someone got this up and running,will finalize roster now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

So Minto, I want to keep the same roster I had this week, do I have to re submit my picks?

So Minto, I want to keep the same roster I had this week, do I have to re submit my picks?

No, if you don't submit a new roster I will go by the last roster you submitted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hmm, I went through my scores twice and I came up with 105 points. Here's what I wrote down:
    Ezekiel Jackson 5 5
    Bam Neely 5
    Ricky Ortiz 5
    Maryse -5
    Natalya -5
    Primo Colon 10
    Candice Michelle 5
    Vladimir Kozlov 10 5
    Matt Hardy 5 10 5
    Lance Cade 5
    R-Truth 10
    Mark Henry 5 -5 5
    Chris Jericho 5 10 5 5

Although if my score's a bit off then others probably are too, so it's not that big a deal

• Advertisement
Advertisement