Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Pro Wrestling Fantasy League Resurrection Thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Minto wrote: »
    First off, I'm really really sorry the results aren't done yet, but in my defense whoever thought accountancy would be hard? :D:D:D

Anyway, the results for last week will be the last. This week will not count. I hope to get the results up in the next few days. It'll defo be done by Thursday night, so I'll be announcing the winner then.

You mean its over? :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

First off, I'm really really sorry the results aren't done yet, but in my defense whoever thought accountancy would be hard? :D:D:D

Anyway, the results for last week will be the last. This week will not count. I hope to get the results up in the next few days. It'll defo be done by Thursday night, so I'll be announcing the winner then.

I hate the fact that I couldn't donate enough time to the fantasy league, but it has become impossible to do. Hopefully this will free up more time for podcasts with ValidRea...er....Shawn Michaels, I mean Shawn Raven.

its a pity but understandable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

You mean its over? :(

Yea, nothing to do but wait for me to post the final results from last week.

Yea, nothing to do but wait for me to post the final results from last week.

Oh the tension! :p

But no, thats fair if you cant continue no one is going to force you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Sad to see this end so sudden but college is way more important....I wouldn't really know as I quit but I'm sure it is.....:D:D

Thanks for setting it up Minto...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Who won this in the end???

callaway92 wrote: »
    Who won this in the end???

Ahem *points to signature*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Considering it ended rather abruptly, i wouldn't go boasting about what was, for all intents and purposes, a fluke win.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Considering it ended rather abruptly, i wouldn't go boasting about what was, for all intents and purposes, a fluke win.

:eek: Excuse you!

A Fluke win?!

Every week i submitted a roster, or at least PMed minto to ask him to use the same one as the week previous.

It was a fluke win tbh..firstly it was supposed to run till SS but had to be cut short..A couple of weeks were excluded...And I didnt see official final standings yet...It could well have been SunsetV that won...How much time did you spend on that sig??

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    It was a fluke win tbh..firstly it was supposed to run till SS but had to be cut short..A couple of weeks were excluded...And I didnt see official final standings yet...It could well have been SunsetV that won...How much time did you spend on that sig??

Minto has already told me i won.

And i spent about 5 minutes doing it,
    Amazing what 2 years in multimedia can teach you. :rolleyes:

Minto has already told me i won.

Because it was cut short, before that it was anyone's game still. Trust me, you didn't exactly have a roaring lead.
    And i spent about 5 minutes doing it,
    Amazing what 2 years in multimedia can teach you. :rolleyes:

Or a five minute tutorial via google.
    But hey, at least you won't have to pay double for your course! ;)

Going against my own morals about resurrecting zombie threads, but at the same time, trying to do what's best for the forum, and it's posters. So I'll ask this:

HOW MANY OF YOU WANT TO SEE THE RETURN OF THE FANTASY LEAGUE?!

Depending on the demand, i'm up for it. However I won't be running it, so i'll need a volunteer for this, which will be held up to a vote in a later poll, although i'll welcome nominations.

I've been in touch with El Bandito Minto in an effort for him to return to take it over, but his current work and college schedule is still somewhat overwhelming, so unfortunately can't do it.

So once we can get some interest generated, and some nominations. I'll keep the scoring system, lock this thread and start a brand new one.

Suggestions or comments please?
    And finally, happy Paddys day, if you guys want this back, consider it my gift to you. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Second Draft would be much better tbh

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Second Draft would be much better tbh

And i'm sure it'll happen too ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Fair play to anyone who steps up and runs these things and thanks in advance they really do improve the PW board imo and things like the Fantasy league can make watching WWE more interesting as it gives you more of a reason to route for wrestlers etc...

but anyone taking this on please make sure you have the time before hand otherwise it wont run properly, just from doing ATH on here which only runs for around a week at a time i know first hand you have to be on and posting on the PW forum much more often than usual so dont just say you will do it unless you actually can, def hope someone can though.

sounds cool...The taking part not the running of it :)

I think you should co-operate it shawn.
    You and someone else so you can split the time evenly.

You'll have obviously an easier time to find someone to help you than take on the whole project.

Speaking as a former champion, i would say i will do it but i want to see what rumors come out coming up to the draft.

I think you should co-operate it shawn.
    You and someone else so you can split the time evenly.

You'll have obviously an easier time to find someone to help you than take on the whole project.

Speaking as a former champion, i would say i will do it but i want to see what rumors come out coming up to the draft.

Between college work and general moderating of this forum, as well as cramming in a social life and planning a wedding. I wouldn't have the time or dedication to take part in the running of this.

• Advertisement

Between college work and general moderating of this forum, as well as cramming in a social life and planning a wedding. I wouldn't have the time or dedication to take part in the running of this.

ooooh, is there to be a mrs. S Raven? :o

If somebody else is up for it i'll co-run it.
    But i could change my mind as i said.

ooooh, is there to be a mrs. S Raven? :o

Well put it this way, i ain't marrying a dude. ;) But we'll move on.
    If somebody else is up for it i'll co-run it.
    But i could change my mind as i said.

Unless people have the time to do so, as Bounty Hunter already mentioned, it's not worth attempting otherwise.

Well put it this way, i ain't marrying a dude. ;) But we'll move on.

Well congrats man. :)
    Unless people have the time to do so, as Bounty Hunter already mentioned, it's not worth attempting otherwise.

Yeah of course, i wouldnt put myself otherwise unless there is.

Advertisement