Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOI Rip Off Merchandise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

shapez wrote: »
    I just had to let someone know about this unbelievable price for a TOI cycling jersey!!

http://asiweb.vanguardmil.com/tourofireland/default.aspx?p=viewcat&showpage=3

€95 for a TOI jersey!!! It's €45 - €50 for the pro team jerseys in shops and sometimes cheaper online.

Mate, calm down a little... it's 95 dollars for the jersey, or 60 eurobucks -which isn't all that bad.... (I did have the same reaction as you at first till I saw the currency symbol!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i bought one at the start. €60. i like it. not exactly cheap but... whadayagonnado...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

i *wanted* to buy one, but there was nothing at the start of racing :(
    grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

They were selling them for €60 down at the finsih in Waterford, would have got one if it was more like €40 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cantalach

blorg wrote: »
    They were selling them for €60 down at the finsih in Waterford, would have got one if it was more like €40 :D

€60 doesn't sound all that bad really. I was in Narbonne for stage 12 of this year's TdF and you want to see how much ASO and the teams charge for their merchandising! (And when you can just 'repurpose' an official directional sign on your way back to the car you've got all the TdF souvenir you need ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

True, it's not that much, and they looked like decent quality too.

@Tom- I sincerely hope you didn't go for the yellow. The green or the red looked good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I think I may try to get my hands on a green one -am nowhere near fast enough for a Red!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

blorg wrote: »
    @Tom- I sincerely hope you didn't go for the yellow. The green or the red looked good to me.

no no, i went for the green one. gimme some credit...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RapidResults

Green for me too.

The De Marchi gear is very good quality. I bought the yellow last year and it was really comfortable.

It's from the same stock as what the riders get, not a cheap replica.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I got an An Post jersey in Cycleways for €50.

They have the bib shorts also at least they did a couple of weeks ago.

The jersey I got might actually be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I like the green one too. in fairness, you pay 60 euro plus for most other sporting jerseys. I think we are spolied with the great value of our boards jerseys. Its the only one I have and I love it, need to expand my collection now.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I like the green one too. in fairness, you pay 60 euro plus for most other sporting jerseys. I think we are spolied with the great value of our boards jerseys. Its the only one I have and I love it, need to expand my collection now.

Try e-bay. You can pick up a nice few bargains there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    The jersey I got might actually be different.

Sure it wasn't an An Post/Sean Kelly team jersey?

It was actually.

I only realised after I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I like the green one too. in fairness, you pay 60 euro plus for most other sporting jerseys.

You can get team jereys on chainreaction for about 45 quid.
    I think 60 is too much, and I'm not adverse to spending money.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25919
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25920
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25923
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25922

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

PBK is a good spot for the team stuff.

I seen the tour of ireland cycling jersey's and wuality wasnt great to be honest, but t-shirts were good value at €12

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

E@gle. wrote: »
    PBK is a good spot for the team stuff.

I usually get my stuff there. I just wish they did full zip jerseys instead of the 1/4 zip.

Advertisement