Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Screens for All-Ireland,

• 29-08-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Anybody know if it is true that there are plans to put a large screen up in the City ( John Robert's Square or on the Quay ) for the All -Ireland Final ?

Think it would be a good idea, Ok may get messy with drunken fans etc but if it was ran right it could have the makings of a great family day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I have heard that there will be one in both Waterford and another in Dungarvan. Would be fantastic if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

There's scaffolding going up in John Roberts Square today, I passed it at lunchtime. It's not against a building, it's freestanding so I'd say that's for the big screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I heard the People's Park in Waterford City will have one. John Roberts Square would be better IMO, but I guess the Park is more family friendly.

Anyway, there should be a screen in the City and in Dungarvan. And it needs to be well advertised beforehand so people know its happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

there is not going to be a big tv in dungarvan becase thay whare saying thare was going to be ww3 if waterford lost

Who said that?

• Advertisement

thats what paple are saying in main st dungarvan

I haven't heard anything like that. Why would it be like WW3 in Dungarvan anyway?

thay whare saying if waterford lost [hopely not] the square wood have be brokeing up useing my iphone not used to it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

xbox36016 wrote: »
    thay whare saying if waterford lost [hopey not] the square woud have bing broke

Sorry, what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Big screen ..

392241444_1b994edea0.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Who said that?

The publicans. They don't want people standing out in the square when they should be in the pubs drinking.

That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Advertisement